Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP HELP HELP

Options
  • 12-07-2010 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭

hi i was using pc grand today and i done a restart because it was,nt seeing my iphone then wen it restarted i had no usb keyboard or mouse then i discovered no lan or sound so looked in device manager and it seeems no drivers installed so then try,d a system restore but my pc has no restore points so then i tried updating drivers no luck then i try,d reinstlling drivers from drivers dsik no luck then try,d rolling back drivers but wont let me anyone got any idea,s as i,d hate to have to wipe the pc as iv 700 gigs of games and films and work stuff any help on this would be great cheers all. ps i know its the wrong forum but the other one,s are dead

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

C&T shouldn't be dead, its far busier than here...

I'm afraid its time you got a mate and their PC/laptop over, hooked up the HDD (you might need a caddy to hook it up to a laptop's USB/FireWire/eSATA) and transferred everything vital over because that install has had it. I don't know whether it was a virus, bad update, dodgy iPhone driver, bad HDD cluster popping up in the OS core or Windows just doing its usual thing of flushing a vital organ down the toilet, but the peripheral I/O (driver layer) has literally imploded - I don't even know if a PS/2 keyboard would work :eek: Might still be worth a gamble if you don't have a mate near! :o But if no-driver USB peripherals aren't working it means something terrible has happened to the OS core, period :(

It could of course be the chipset's I/O melting into a puddle... :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

right all sorted i just done an upgrade and it kept all my files settings even my overclock :D:D:D:D:D:D so we shall see how its running eh cheers solitar

Advertisement