Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing this Tue/wed

Options
  • 12-07-2010 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi lads,

Heading west for a day or two to do a bit of surfing, anyone give me a heads up on if and where there might be some good waves, Thinkin lahinch or bundoran as its handy to rent the gear?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

Bundoran area might be best tuesday/wednesday. Maybe tullan strand.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Diageo1

Cheers for the info runman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Diageo1 wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Heading west for a day or two to do a bit of surfing, anyone give me a heads up on if and where there might be some good waves, Thinkin lahinch or bundoran as its handy to rent the gear?

Cheers

I see lots of beginners renting gear? How much is it. I got a board before I'd ever had a lesson. By the time you've had a few lessons and rented a few times you'd have shelled out half the price of a board. Why not just get one lesson then get a beginners popout or bic or a longboard if you are bigger guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Diageo1

Hi spacehopper, from my point of view it is more convienient just to rent the gear over there rather than the hassle of transporting the board. I live in Dublin so the closest surf is 2.5hrs away so I only head west 4 times a year maybe. If I surfed every few weeks it would make sense to buy alright. It's only about 30eur for lesson and all the gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Diageo1 wrote: »
    Hi spacehopper, from my point of view it is more convienient just to rent the gear over there rather than the hassle of transporting the board. I live in Dublin so the closest surf is 2.5hrs away so I only head west 4 times a year maybe. If I surfed every few weeks it would make sense to buy alright. It's only about 30eur for lesson and all the gear...

You'd get an 8 ft board into most cars so you don't have to have a roof rack, that way you don't have to surf only when the surf shop is open, you make your own timetable...

• Advertisement
Advertisement