Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canon 70-300mm lens out of focus

• 12-07-2010 2:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

got a new canon 70-300 mm lens for my 7d. while using 58mm polarised filter on the lens, i am not able to focus. tried both auto focus and manual focus.. any suggestions..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

got a new canon 70-300 mm lens for my 7d. while using 58mm polarised filter on the lens, i am not able to focus. tried both auto focus and manual focus.. any suggestions..

When you say you can't manually focus, is it because the view is too dark ? Very strange rrgardless. Did you get a linear or circular polariser ? Linky to what you bought ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

You need a Circular polariser for most digital cameras as linear polarisers can mess with autofocusing because of the way the light is split with beam splitters as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

also, if the polariser is very low quality then the picture will be blurred and bad quality.
    what happens in manual mode when you are focusing? does the picture just never get sharp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 varghesedaniel

thanks a lot for all the replies.. i have a camlink 58 mm circular polarizing filter which i bought along with the lens.. dont know about the quality of this one.... i cannot focus manually.. the pictures remain blurred... there is enough light passing thru.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

post up a shot. Polarisers reduce the amount of light by anything up to a couple of stops, so you could be suffering from motion blur. IE your shutter speed is too low.

• Advertisement
Advertisement