Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is webber a twat?

• 12-07-2010 3:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭

is he? he's really good at messing things up for himself, a right hot head and doesnt seem to think in a logical way, more on the paranoid side of things
    nice to hear a straight talker, like raikkonen in ways, but sometimes he goes to far and annoys me.

"the team is out to get me!!"

cool it mark, your not paranoid if they really are out to get you :D

Is webber a twat with how he deals with things -on and off track 16 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭4g92mit

No, Marks ok.
    Id be annoyed too with the team If the weren't straight with me.

I laughed when he spoke to Christian on the team radio about being 2nd place driver.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I dont just mean this incident lately, he's pretty good at making trouble for himself, and if he gets rattled in a race he's usually the one doing something silly to get back to where he was before he messed up, a bit like alonso in that way, if you rattle his cage he can do some silly knee jerk stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

No,
    He is dead right.

On the other hand
    You should change to pole to
    " I Alonso a Twat" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭Anthony Walsh

To be fair to the lad, he is the 3rd oldest driver on the circuit behind Scumacher(one of the greatest drivers of all times, but doesn't have as good a car as Webber) and Barrichello(clearly the car isn't as good as Webber) so maybe he feels this is his best chance to win the drivers championship and is proving that he should be number one driver this year. I hope he wins it this year and if not at least the constructors championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

Op have you even been watching F1 for the full season? Forget about the coming together in Turkey and the teams blatant support for Vettel there- but what RedBull did this weekend to Mark was disgusting. The team are constantly saying there is no number 1 driver when there clearly is.

I am a fan of Vettel but i really do hope Mark can win the title this year- he deserves it. Would you not feel as if the "team is out to get you" if they take a better component from your car and give it to your team mate because he broke his (regardless of fault)? So for the 3 people (thus far) who have voted yes- have you even been watching formula 1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What I cant believe is how damaging all this is to Vettel's reputation. At the start of the season I liked the guy and hoped he'd do really well.

On Sunday I was cheering as Mark beat him off the line.

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Its not Vettels faul that the team are favouring him in all fairness.

Oh I agree it's not his fault at all but I think it still makes him come out of it looking worse off than Mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

About the only thing I can't understand about Webber - is why, in the light of such blatant favouritism for his younger teammate, he went and signed a contract extension?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I kinda like webber and am happy that he is driving so well but he does seem to have a lot to say.
    He came out and made the smoke and mirrors comment about the mclaren boys when the fact is it is happening with him and Vettel.
    He made some smart comments about schumi coming back aswell.
    I think teams inevitably end up favouring one driver over another , e.g schumacher from his ferarri days.
    I can see the webber , vettel relationship getting much worse before the end of the season.
    Expect some more on track collisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Top Dog wrote: »
    About the only thing I can't understand about Webber - is why, in the light of such blatant favouritism for his younger teammate, he went and signed a contract extension?

Promises(since broken) of equal treatment. Horner probably told him that both drivers would get equal treatment and there'd be no defined #1 & #2. Webber signs,everyone is happy,and then he gets shafted at Silverstone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

lord lucan wrote: »
    Promises(since broken) of equal treatment. Horner probably told him that both drivers would get equal treatment and there'd be no defined #1 & #2. Webber signs,everyone is happy,and then he gets shafted at Silverstone!
    True enough, but he's been getting shafted for a while. Silverstone was just the icing on the cake where RedBull more or less came out of the closet and admitted publically and blatantly that yes, they favour Vettel over Webber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

True enough, but he's been getting shafted for a while. Silverstone was just the icing on the cake where RedBull more or less came out of the closet and admitted publically and blatantly that yes, they favour Vettel over Webber.

It'd be like you and a mate at work. You get all the bogey shifts and he gets all the cushy shifts. You get frustrated over it and talk to your manager. He turns on the charm and assures you it won't be like that anymore. You walk away thinking "that's grand" but a few weeks down the line nothings changed and you end up losing the plot! Sorta how i see this situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

The only reason he had to drive LL yesterday was becasue he stuffed his own car shortly after takeoff in Valencia. It's a stopgap till his new car is ready. There was no point in putting on the new wing on an old chassis. I think Vettel was stupid to try and force him to the wall at the start of the race. I think we would have seen a RB 1-2 otherwise, the Maccas just weren't quick enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

The contract was signed ages ago before the favouritism was so obvious and only announced recently.

Anyway where would he go that would give him the chance he has now?
    All the top teams have there drivers confirmed for 2011, he could go to Renault and be No 2 to Kubica. That's the best seat available for 2011 as far as i can see

The man that owns Red Bull wants Vettel to win the championship, though **** what's he going to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I think he is far from a twat, comes across as a very nice guy and after this disaster of a weekend (PR wise for Red Bull) I can only see his popularity growing, would love for him to win the championship over Vettel, his comments after the race yesterday gave the impression that he has an issue with Webber now, which will only damage his reputation.

2 Espressi wrote: »
    The only reason he had to drive LL yesterday was becasue he stuffed his own car shortly after takeoff in Valencia. It's a stopgap till his new car is ready. There was no point in putting on the new wing on an old chassis. I think Vettel was stupid to try and force him to the wall at the start of the race. I think we would have seen a RB 1-2 otherwise, the Maccas just weren't quick enough.

The new wing was on Mark's car already, no?

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    The contract was signed ages ago before the favouritism was so obvious and only announced recently.

Anyway where would he go that would give him the chance he has now?
    All the top teams have there drivers confirmed for 2011, he could go to Renault and be No 2 to Kubica. That's the best seat available for 2011 as far as i can see

The man that owns Red Bull wants Vettel to win the championship, though **** what's he going to do?

That's a bit of how I see it too.

Mark is playing second fiddle to Seb but in the fastest car on the grid.

While being a #2 drive would annoy him, especially when he has wins under his belt, he should not lose site of the fact that he is in the best team and his strongest chance of winning the championship are by using that to his advantage not distancing himself.

It sure was the team took it off Marks car to put it on Vettels car. That says it all really, he wrecked his wing tough luck in my view he should take a old one.

I wonder is Horner being put in a very difficult position

If the owners want Seb as #1, but Horner sees this as being detrimental to the team, is there much he can do about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Their is most likely loads of things going on in the background that we know nothing about. However if Mark keeps winning they will have to back him.

And I certainly hope Mark keeps ahead of Seb,

Teach them a lesson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,544 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The way i see it, if there had only been 1 wing, it would have been fair enough to give it to the man leading the championship. but to take one off webber late in the weekend was disgraceful.
    Vettel made some comment also ..... 'you know who your friends are' etc after the race. I dont know what his problem is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

mickdw wrote: »
    The way i see it, if there had only been 1 wing, it would have been fair enough to give it to the man leading the championship. but to take one off webber late in the weekend was disgraceful.
    Vettel made some comment also ..... 'you know who your friends are' etc after the race. I dont know what his problem is.

Yeah he mumbled something about people showing their true colours, or something to that effect. I respect he has a lot of fans, I was never a fan of his, but its even clear here on this thread how people are starting just to question what he's really like.

Would it have really killed him to say "Mark drove a great race, and every driver has moments with their team mate every now and again, but me and Mark have moved on from Turkey, there's no problems at all" - even to say it JUST for the camera would have been something. He looked very awkward trying to answer the question that Lee put to him, and he seemed to make it abundantly clear they have big issues going on.

What is Vettels problem is Mark? Is it because of Turkey's incident (which most people seem to feel was Vettels fault), was he p1ssed about Mark getting the run on him after the lights went out at Silverstone? Or is it something more involved, could it be he feels it's not Marks place to complain about favouritism i.e having his front wing stolen? Or is he just a sore looser, is he reeling because the apparent number 2 has been more consistent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

tbh Horner is saying we gave the championship leader the new wing [from what Ive read] and if it was the other way round Mark would have been getting it I take it.

I wasn't only talking about this incident as an isolated incident, more that webber from what Ive seen these last few years there are times when he made silly mistakes and ruined his chances with being too eager sometimes, thats what I meant comparing him to alonso, who to be fair is a double world champ, webber just seems to attract stuff going wrong for himself in a way, too hot -headed

And if he thinks too much about this sort of stuff off track I can see that his personality is going to come out racing and blow it..alot.

Just when I thought he was settling down, and getting the confidence inspiring wins under his belt, he lets stuff get to him, say your stuff behind closed doors mark, as Im sure he regrets saying some things afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paulgh50

If I could drive Like a twat I would be so happy.. Roll on Mark and show em what you are made off, Like Button he has served his apprentership so it is his time, I did like his comment at the end of the race and if Vettel has not been so imature at the start of the race he might have been there to finish, What type of team mate tries to push his team mate iinto the wall., Vettel has a lot to learn, he aint in formula ford now,,, :)

mickdw wrote: »

I agree with this. Regarding Vettels comment i wouldn't read too much into it who knows who he was talking about? Maybe he was talking about the media stirring the ****. Before that Lee was trying to **** stir asking if he felt Webber gave him enough room/was fair at the start his answer was are you serious it was fine it was racing.
    paulgh50 wrote: »
    If I could drive Like a twat I would be so happy.. Roll on Mark and show em what you are made off, Like Button he has served his apprentership so it is his time, I did like his comment at the end of the race and if Vettel has not been so imature at the start of the race he might have been there to finish, What type of team mate tries to push his team mate iinto the wall., Vettel has a lot to learn, he aint in formula ford now,,, :)

lol, he wasn't there because he got a puncture. He tried to close the door too late what F1 driver would not try and defend there position? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Horndawg

No Webber is not a twat. In a highly competitive environment like F1 where everyone's out for themselves, Mark is in a distinct minority that actually has a sense of fair play and justice. Was delighted to see him take the lead at the start and hold on to win. Vettel's a complete cock with no honour.

Also on a pedantic side note to OP and first moderator to comment. It's you're, as in you are and not your.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Whatever your opinion of Webber is, it's great to hear a driver telling it like it is. Except when it's Alonso throwing his toys out of the pram... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I love the way Webber races and talks. Hes a proper hard assed Aussie who takes no sh1t and tells it like it is. I have seen very little this season or last from Vettel to see why RBR are favouring him over Webber and I can completely understand Webbers frustration. Horner had very little to say by way of defending himself or the team after the race when asked about Webbers "number 2 driver" comment and I was so glad to hear Webber stick it to the team who tried to screw him over.

deja vu?
    Mark Webber says he and Red Bull Racing have now cleared the air over the British Grand Prix wing row, following sit down talks at the Milton Keynes factory on Wednesday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85271

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Its not Vettels faul that the team are favouring him in all fairness.
    vettel is getting 10 million
    while his partner is getting 5 million
    this to me looks like favouriteism

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »
    vettel is getting 10 million
    while his partner is getting 5 million
    this to me looks like favouriteism

Or Vettel has a better agent!

Still don't see how that's Vettel's fault?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

i guess it is not his fault that he is earning double, but it shows double standards, when the other driver is every bit as good as him.
    still five million is whopping money to the likes of us mere mortals.
    i was at this gp, had a great weekend, weather was great. we camped out at silverstone, their campsites are brilliant, all aminities you could ask for, costing one hundred pounds for 3 nights , toilets spotless, plenty showers , food served on campsite, tea, coffee one pound for a big tumbler, breakfast five pounds which included tea or coffee, dinner in the evening in the village pub eight pounds, where here in this small little country would we get that, it was top notch

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Anyone but Vettel

Anyone but Vettel

What's Vettel done wrong apart from some rookie mistakes (ok crashing into Webber was a big one :D).

He's just doing his job in the team, doing what he is told and being fairly quick. If he hadn't had his reliability problems he would be comfortably ahead of Webber in the championship. Its the management in the team that's ****ing things up as far as I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Im a Webber man. But actually Vettel doesn't have an agent! He does all his own deals.

Advertisement