Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 killed in Donegal crash - Condolences here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

What can anyone say now, except to hope that some greater power will help the families of the deceased at this time, profound condolences to all concerned, a terrible tradgedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

This news is absolutely horrific, my eyes keep filling up. My heart goes out to all the families and friends of the young men and the 66yr old man in the other car. I'm about as far away as you can get in this country from Donegal, and I've wonderful memories of holidaying there in 2002, lovely, warm people. Its scary out there on the roads, I have a girl 17 next week, getting her provisional licence, and I pray she will be safe driving. What has happened is every families worst nightmare. Again my sincere condolences, all are in my thoughts and prayers.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There are times and places for all things, this is the time and place for condolences and I extend mine to anyone connected with the deceased. RIP.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Carrickman

RIP to all involved and condolences to their family's and friends very sad day yet again for the north of Donegal:(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

Táim ag smaoineamh ort is ag guí ar do shon is ar son do mhuintire. Go mbeire spiorad séimh Dé ina lámha thú, is go dtuga sé fortacht duit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

R.I.P. Lads, it hurts seeing my old community go through this same thing without fail every year. Prayers said for you all and all the families and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sosad

I hope God heals the broken hearted.Gives strength to those that need it most.I will remember my cousin as the happy,big hearted young man he was.A huge cheeky smile!
    I dont know how people are going to cope.
    My heart goes out to all the families.Such a terrible time.Such a waste.
    RIP together.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

RIP

My sincere condolences to the families and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 desfiddle

Once again folks, please feel free to post any memories of any of the victims or any messages of support for their families. If you've a problem with any post, just report it. Don't draw attention to it by addressing it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

desfiddle wrote: »
    Who is letting this person write in stuff like this, of course its a tragedy. Whats your problem. I'm from clonmany and i'm sick people sayin stuff they have no idea about and making things worse. Have some respect!!!!!!

That post has been dealt with. Also see tbh's post below before posting again.
    tbh wrote: »
    Once again folks, please feel free to post any memories of any of the victims or any messages of support for their families. If you've a problem with any post, just report it. Don't draw attention to it by addressing it yourself

Sound Bite wrote: »
    What a horrible & needless loss of life. My heart goes out to the families, friends and neighbours of all of those involved.

Please ease off apportioning blame at this time. The grief in Donegal must be unbearable at the moment. You cannot put an old head on young shoulders and there are very few of us who can say that we did not do some very stupid things or F****d up badly when we were that age, whether it be drink, drugs, speeding, etc,.

Fortunately for the vast majority of us, we were lucky enough that our mistakes did not have such tragic consequences.

We shouldn't blame young people for their actions but ask ourselves why the hell we still haven't gotten the message across to them by now.

I agree 100%, something has 2 be done b4 theres any more needless loss of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭emma82

My sympathies go out to all the families that have been affected forever more by this tragic event. Buncrana Tooban & Clonmany are sad places tonight.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Heartfelt condolences to the families, loved ones and friends of the 8 deceased. Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 baux

I live in Inishowen and feel numb and shocked.

It's so unreal

My deepest condolences to all the family and friends of the victims of this horrific tragedy.

We are all deeply sad, it is so hard to grasp

• Registered Users Posts: 13,388 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I can do this all night, folks.......

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This is not a troll. I have not speculated about anything or made any random remarks about Donegal drivers. I'd like for you to explain what was wrong about my comment? This is an open forum for discussion.

The fact that 8 people were in a car with only 5 seat belts is most certainly a relevant issue up for discussion. I'm not attempting to create an argument.

As mentioned more than enough times before, this is a condolences thread and and facts/rumours/speculation is not up for discussion here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

My deepest condolences to the family of the driver of the Corolla. So sad to have your life taken from you in that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Just to add my own condolences to the families, friends, neighbours and all those affected by this accident, and to pass on my deep regard too for the emergency services and all those helping the aforementioned at what must be a horrendous time.

I wish you strength, courage and peace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭fascination

Condolences to families and friends of all involved. Am thinking about all affected by this awful tragedy and after living in Inishowen for two years, I know that will be many.
    RIP

That post has been dealt with. Also see tbh's post below before posting again.

Ok, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Siobhan1

My deepest sympathies to all the families effected. My heart is breaking for ye all. May they Rest in Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭.17hmr

once again a sad day for donegal. deepest sympathies to all the families involved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Thoughts are with the family and friends at this hard time. May they rest in piece...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

I am from the area and although I didnt personaly know any of the lads my oh siblings knew them and I know an emergency worker who would have been a first responder on the scene with fire brigade.

My heart felt condolences to all the families and friends involved and hope they find the strength to deal with the heartache involved over the next week and in the difficult future ahead.

Rest In Peace

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Very sad. My deepest sympathies go out to all the families involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

My sincere condolences to the families, friends and community that have lost loved ones.

My gratitude to the emergency services, because of the horror they have to deal with.

My sympathy to the survivor of the accident, because I know that I have been lucky enough in life not to have had to live with consequences of careless actions, and I can't imagine the torment he is going to carry for the rest of his life.

My heart breaks for all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭iffy_2007

From having went through a similar experience a few years back involving multiple deaths in one accident, of similar ages t this one I would ask anyone pointing the finger of blame to cut it out. While the families involved will not be looking at this right now there will come a time down the line when they will read this very thread. While the majority of them are very respectful there are a few that are just so insensitive.

<snip>As mentioned more than enough times before, this is a condolences thread and and facts/rumours/speculation is not up for discussion here.
    <snip>

R.I.P
    My respects to all concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement