Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 killed in Donegal crash - Condolences here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

RIP LADS GONE BUT ULL NEVER BE FORGOTTON!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

On behalf of the members & moderators from the Dublin City Forum I'd like to pass on our deepest condolences to the family & friends of the dead, and to the people of Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Tis I

The people of Inishowen and Donegal will take a long time to recover from this appalling tragedy. God help them all.
    We will serve best the memory of those who died by learning from this. Whether as drivers or passengers we all carry responsibility for our own safety and that of others when we travel on the public road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sanecat640

i live in Clare, but reading the news about this horrendous crash shocked me. these poor boy's names were released today and when i read them it truly brought a tear to my eyes and i couldn't speak for quite a few minutes. they were so young. i couldn't even begin to imagine the pain their families and friends must be going through.
    my thoughts are with the families and friends of Hugh, Mark, Paul, Ciaran , PJ , James, Eamon, Damien and i hope that Liam, the driver of the Passat, makes a full recovery both physically and mentally. loosing so many of his friends in a crash where he was driving will torment him, but i truly hope that he and others around him can forgive him. it was a tragic accident that cost the lives of 8 people, let us hope it doesn't destroy the life of the sole survivor.

i would like to take this chance and also praise the emergency services, because even thought they are trained for incidents like this, it must be heart wrenching to respond to a call like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭nhg

Rest In Peace

My thoughts are with the all the families, relations and everyone living in the area.

Truly a worst nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

All here are deeply in prayer for the families and for all those so much affected by this terrible event.

Such unbearable shock and grief this day and for many days.

Just back from Buncrana, spending time with dear friends there. Folk will not know what a close knit community this is.

Our friends had the newspaper there with all the photos; they knew each family and were related to many there.

Which is that area. All know and all are in deep shock.

It will take a long time to cope with this.

And there are those also who had to cope with that wreck who will need support also. Let us never forget the emergency services.

Smashey and muffler; God bless and reward thee both for your handling of this thread, as He will. I came online to express my shock and the thread at first made me weep as nothing else did.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭laura.

Secondly ...I am from Buncrana and on sunday nite i was just outside my mums house when a sudden wail of sirens started and a steady flow of them for about 15mins, to all those in emergency services you definiatly don't get enough thanks for the job you do, i can only imagine that no amount of training can prepare you for desetation like that.

As a sister of two brothers who have to go and bury yet more friends my heart goes out to both of them, I was talkin to one of them about an hour ago and he had been to 3 of the wakes and had another 4 to go to. No matter what age you are, no-one should have to go to 7 wakes in one day.

RIP to all you lovely hard-working young men, who will now be together forever.

RIP to Hugh

And Sean I personally hope you make a full recovery, you have a lot to deal with now but i hope your family will help you through.

Once again folks, please feel free to post any memories of any of the victims or any messages of support for their families. If you've a problem with any post, just report it. Don't draw attention to it by addressing it yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

It was very sad to hear of this tragedy.May they all rest in peace.My sympathy goes to their families and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

RIP, so desperately sad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭saltandpepper10

rest in peace lads and not forgetting mr freil very tragic event

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

laura. wrote: »
    Secondly ...I am from Buncrana and on sunday nite i was just outside my mums house when a sudden wail of sirens started and a steady flow of them for about 15mins, to all those in emergency services you definiatly don't get enough thanks for the job you do, i can only imagine that no amount of training can prepare you for desetation like that.

As a sister of two brothers who have to go and bury yet more friends my heart goes out to both of them, I was talkin to one of them about an hour ago and he had been to 3 of the wakes and had another 4 to go to. No matter what age you are, no-one should have to go to 7 wakes in one day.

RIP to all you lovely hard-working young men, who will now be together forever.

RIP to Hugh

And Sean I personally hope you make a full recovery, you have a lot to deal with now but i hope your family will help you through.

Thank you for thinking of the driver. People lay blame too easily & don't realise that an accident is an accident.
    I'm not from anywhere near Donegal but my heart & thoughts are with your community. It's in the next few weeks when the media hype dies down that ye will have time to take stock of what has happened. It won't be easy by any means & it's then I will think of ye more.
    I don't think there are words in any language that can fully convey peoples sympathies towards this.
    Be as strong as ye can for each other & when you feel the strength going find someone to talk to, be it a friend, family member or a stranger at the end of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

RIP to all.
    very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

just back from 4 of the corpse houses. it is by far the worst night for the community of clonmany,

the whole area is so gloomy you can see it in everyone.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Terrible stuff altogether, I hope they all rest in peace. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭patff

Dreadful tragedy for all those involved. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 47 EurasiaEndtoEnd

A Corkman here, living in Japan. I was in Ireland in May for a few weeks and took a trip to Sligo looking into family roots. One morning I took a drive up as far as Donegal town and loved the scenery and friendly people there. I want to go back to see more next chance I get.
    I am close to tears reading about what has happened. Life will never be the same for all those affected. My deepest sympathies for all who died, all who are left behind and all who had to be involved because of their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bodo

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Bodo, this is a condolence thread. Please stick to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Is there a discussion thread about this anywhere on Boards ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

I dont think so Durnish. Its too soon after this has happened.

Terrible tradgey, RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 46,100 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Durnish wrote: »
    Is there a discussion thread about this anywhere on Boards ie?
    There was a thread here in the motors forum but as with this thread it was riddled with some very insensitive posts and had to be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rusky2

As a Person from Inishowen here who knows some of the families involved my heart goes out to you all. Here in Inishowen everybody knows everybody by some connection or other and we are all devastated by the Events which occurred on Sunday night. As the first funeral takes place this morning my thoughts are with ALL involved in theese tragic events.

Rest in Peace .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

I dont want to turn this into a back slapping match, but i think the mods handled this very well especailly muffler and Smashey, for being so quick off the mark and appliying more mods here was definently the right move.

We all have our views an opinions (including myself) on the matter but there is a time and a place, now is the time for greiving and showing a bit of compassion for the famlies of those effected, and not for speculating or talking about romours, once again hats off to yous.

R.I.P. to the 8 who were lost, and heartfelt condolences to the famlies and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

My heart goes out to all those who lost loved ones in this terrible accident. Such a tragedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I don't have many connections with Donegal but I want to add my condolences for the eight people who died. May God rest their souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭nonsmoker

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

A sad time for all involved and the wider community. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

May they rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 civic82

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Sorry civic82 - its condolences only. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MacCuarta

It's sad that Inishowen usually ends up in the national news because of tragedy and as an Inishowen man myself I despair of this. I have lived in Dublin, London and Belfast and have been very lucky to have worked all over the world in my job ( now unemployed and back home). I was just like these guys when I was 19 and, in fact, was probably a fair bit wilder. I would have thought nothing of jumping into a car with 8 people and heading off and have done. We even did it with a guy in the boot. The point is, I was very lucky to have not ended up like these youngfellas and the poor man they hit (who is the same age as my father). It is, however, what it is - A ****ing really horrible tragedy. and when I look at the pictures in the paper I see myself and all my friends. 19 and invincible but still kids really but never any badness in us. Living for the weekend and girls and getting pissed and being what these guys were. The future men they would have become we will sadly never know. But as a 31 year old who, by the grace of god, made it through my 20's I feel real sadness and despair at this time. I have lost friends at sea, gone and never found but I think it would be worse if they had gone like this. I'm not a religious man but I hope these 8 souls are at peace and feeling the warmth of the people of Ireland posted on here. As an Inishowen man, a Donegal man I am reassured by the support that comes from the 31 other counties and I am sure the families are also. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 civic82

im from buncrana and our town is in complete shock and torn in 2.

please be respectful in the comments you leave, nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes.

RIP to all 8 men, my thoughts are with the families and friends and all the communities that are effected by this tragedy.

boys you's are gone but not forgotten!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement