Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor for House Sale?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Am looking for a Solicitor to oversee the Private Sale of my House.

Would be hoping to pay a competent Professional a fair price while absolutely avoiding the hugely inflated fees that normally circulate around this straightforward, everyday and relatively uncomplicated process.

Can anyone remember who were the Firm that used to advertise a fixed fee for house sales in the Limerick Post a while back?

AFAIK they were hated by the rest of the Trade as they highlighted the rampant price-fixing and gross profiteering that was going on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Holmes Sexton and O'Malley on Henry Street have a good reputation for this sort of thing.

As for the people that offered a fixed fee, never heard of a firm doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I find Scott Tyomey on O'Connell street the cheapest and quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

John McNamara

28 O'Curry Street, Limerick Co. Limerick

* (061)314007

I used him and he was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks All - Will go with one of the above more than likely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

The Solictors who give the fixed fee are based in Broad Street in a old school building I believe , When I used them they made everything simple and did not cost me an arm and a leg cant remember what there called but they are not too far away from donkey fords if you are down that way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,215 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You should be able to negotiate a very competitive price now as it is a totally different market to the boom years of late so shop around. It's not as if there are house sellers queuing up at the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Hooked

Berty wrote: »
    John McNamara

28 O'Curry Street, Limerick Co. Limerick

* (061)314007

I used him and he was very good.

+1 for the above.

Advertisement