Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80% increase in call connection charge for Meteor PAYG

Options
  • 12-07-2010 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

Meteor have ads in the paper today stating that the connection charge for domestic calls for PAYG customers is increasing from 5c to 9c. This in an age of "falling prices"!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Looks like they are following in the lines of 02.

Will they do the same to contract customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

This post has been deleted.

If they go the same way with contracts Im leaving - simple as:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Rte have picked up on this conection charge scam here/
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0712/mobiles.html

Meteor/Eircom/O2 are scum for hiking this hidden and pointless charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It now basically means that if you dial a wrong number or make a very quick call to someone to call you back it will now be 9c instead of 4c out of your a*se pocket.

Most of those using pre paid packages are the younger and less well off that cannot afford the privilages of some of the contract packages.

Bas*ards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

and if you get the dreaded voicemail you have to pay it also

**** it i hate voicemail.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gu10 wrote: »
    and if you get the dreaded voicemail you have to pay it also

**** it i hate voicemail.

You can turn off voice mail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

godtabh wrote: »
    You can turn off voice mail

its not my voicemail, its other peoples voicemail thats annoying when you have to pay 9c as soon as it diverts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

gu10 wrote: »
    its not my voicemail, its other peoples voicemail thats annoying when you have to pay 9c as soon as it diverts

That does suck balls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,332 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It seems Three and Vodafone are after following suit as well with their 9c connection charge... Wow isn't competition a joke in this country?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I'm in no way justifying the connection charges but think back 5-6 years ago when you had no free texts or no free calls.

Advertisement