Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching English in Korea

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

monosharp wrote: »
    Depends on what kind of position.

For Uni jobs you need to apply 2-3 months before the start of the Semester. So apply about October/November for January semester. June/July for September Semester.

For private schools, anytime.

Cheers:) its looking like my best option for the year financially, Ive spent time in asia before problem is you have to come home at some point :( adjusting back and forward can be like adjusting from fantasy to reality ha ... For stability reasons I'm best off in a job here, my deadline is October for a job here if not then Im out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

I'm finding it hard even getting a reply to job applications although I'm used to that at this stage :rolleyes: I thought it would be easy finding a position. I was thinking over going over anyway with all the relevant documents. Can I obtain sponsorship over there or do I have to be in my home country ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Limerick3

Someone I know is going to teach English in Korea next week. She is supposedly going for 'a year'. Does this mean 12 months or a school year? If someone leaves in October when are they generally back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jen2010

Has anyone any experience of this course? The website promises to train you for a month and then offer a salary and a free shared apartment while you're teaching.

I'd be really grateful if somone who's experienced this course could offer their feedback. It's a long way to travel to find out it's not what you expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 seamie89

loving this thread!! :) i had so many questions and this has just answered almost everything :) happy days!!i have been looking into heading to South Korea next year...around january 2012 with a friend.
    one question i do have...how reliable is EPIK? we are aiming to go to Busan fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

seamie89 wrote: »
    loving this thread!! :) i had so many questions and this has just answered almost everything :) happy days!!i have been looking into heading to South Korea next year...around january 2012 with a friend.
    one question i do have...how reliable is EPIK? we are aiming to go to Busan fingers crossed :)

just thought i'd leave this one with you as well. lots of info about korea on that thread too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055471189&page=27

• Registered Users Posts: 23 seamie89

conbob wrote: »
    just thought i'd leave this one with you as well. lots of info about korea on that thread too
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055471189&page=27

thanks a mil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reckoner

Great thread i must say, been thinking about it recently and had a few reservations about it but this thread really answered a lot of questions on it, even if it is 2+ years old. Will look to heading out there towards the later end of this year i think.
    Cheers to Monosharp and Izzy and others for the info! :D

Advertisement