Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatwave for end of July?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Domscard wrote: »
    Necessity is the mammy of invention :D Other half has just started painting the house between showers - it needed doing last year, but there was no 'between showers'' here. I need a giant one of those parasols.

Lol - brains here decided to beat you to it & paint porch & halldoor last week. Problem was sun is on front in morning so it took for days for the 1st coat of gloss to stop being sticky.. Couldnt leave the porch open to ventilate as on a hill so the rain was gushing down & the heat was building in it like a greenhouse. Wont be doing that in between showers ever again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I dunno about 'heatwave' but the weather is looking like it will be warmer and drier from the weekend into next week. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

need it. have an acre of grass to cut. it has been too wet to cut for last few weeks. awful job on my hands now as it has got so thick ride on won;t even go through it. strimmer at the ready

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

200motels wrote: »
    I don't care too much for the heat, so I hope we don't have a heat wave, but I would welcome some dry fresh weather.

Same as. I hate temperatures in the high twenties. 20- 22c would be grand. those of you who like such heat spare a thought for your redhead comrades- i'm not a redhead just sparing a thought for them!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I like the low 20's too, high 20's with humidity makes it very hard to work outside.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Same as. I hate temperatures in the high twenties. 20- 22c would be grand. those of you who like such heat spare a thought for your redhead comrades- i'm not a redhead just sparing a thought for them!:p

Some red-heads tan very nicely! All of my family are red-heads and they all tan well. My mother tans better than anyone else I know!

I'm the only brunette - and I burn in a few minutes. :(

I'd love some dry weather about 22C though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

those of you who like such heat spare a thought for your redhead comrades- i'm not a redhead just sparing a thought for them!:p

:D:D:D

Some red-heads tan very nicely! All of my family are red-heads and they all tan well. My mother tans better than anyone else I know!

I'm the only brunette - and I burn in a few minutes. :(

I'd love some dry weather about 22C though.

Were all gingers.... Only one is sis who burns then milk bottle white... Im the lucky ginger who goes mahogony a a glimpse of the sun. Love the heat & the sun.. feel so much happier when sun is shinin much more get up & go.... Hate drizzle & wind.. head ends up like a bush......

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭alanajane

I have spared plenty of thoughts for the trees, plants, rivers, lakes, grass, babies, the elderly, puppies and kittens, the gingers can go put a bag on their head I need some sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Everytime I look at 9 day charts at night they show intense highs but in the morning they show less high. Wonder will this pattern continue on tomorrows run

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    need it. have an acre of grass to cut. it has been too wet to cut for last few weeks. awful job on my hands now as it has got so thick ride on won;t even go through it. strimmer at the ready

Same here mate. It was actually going the brown colour im used to seeing from my garden in London. Mind you, one downpour and it changed back to green. Its having to cut 30 yards then empty the cuttings from the back that makes it such a mare of a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭TomBeckett

Min wrote: »
    I like the low 20's too, high 20's with humidity makes it very hard to work outside.

Oh that statment makes me laugh:D I hear its been bad over with ye!!
    its been a steady 37-38 degree here never goes below 30!! was thinking of
    going back for a few weeks but now i dont think so!! the weather is one of the main reasons that i moved here............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Naw i'm sick of 22c i've had that soo many times this summer and i had it yesterday and the day before, i'd like 27/28c thank you. Though we'll barely make 18c today in this rain, that wasn't even forecast!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

TomBeckett wrote: »
    Oh that statment makes me laugh:D I hear its been bad over with ye!!
    its been a steady 37-38 degree here never goes below 30!! was thinking of
    going back for a few weeks but now i dont think so!! the weather is one of the main reasons that i moved here............

Remember sitting in a cab in Bangkok while the driver got some petrol. He tooks ages to pay. Ive never been so hot in my life melting in his cab. I love heat and i even like humidity, but Thailand and Hong Kong... too much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

owenc wrote: »
    Naw i'm sick of 22c i've had that soo many times this summer and i had it yesterday and the day before, i'd like 27/28c thank you. Though we'll barely make 18c today in this rain, that wasn't even forecast!
    nice to see you have come back all chilled out following your day or two away from the weather forum Owen.

By the way, Coleraine will be lucky to see 17 or 18c today.

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    nice to see you have come back all chilled out following your day or two away from the weather forum Owen.

By the way, Coleraine will be lucky to see 17 or 18c today.

I just said that, and sorry but i was here yesterday and the day before.:P As for this heatwave well your boy mt cranim has said that 27c will be possible but the netweather graphs show 21c for most places in this island and the south east barely getting that so i wouldn't expect that, i will only beleive when i see, i don't know were he got that from.:confused::confused:

The devil of a site www.wetterzentrale.de are showing high pressure becoming plonked over us for the end of july.

If they are going to change their minds again and put it South in the next run I just ask why do they bother making us excited and then take it all away FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Would love a heatwave but would quite happily settle for some dry settled weather!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE have just cancelled Summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Anybody care to tell me how Saturday is looking in Limerick? Its my daughters 1st birthday and we had a barbeque and drinks planned for the back garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

please dont tell me they are backtracking on a bit of fine weather coming

• Registered Users Posts: 16,847 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

hgt300.png

ukprec.png

also according to yr.no there is no real sign of dry weather in the west next week

mike65 wrote: »
    RTE have just cancelled Summer.

No Feckin way !!!!!

I missed it - whats the story now - I had the sunlounger ready for Friday ......................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

also according to yr.no there is no real sign of dry weather in the west next week

i was afraid to say that the charts dont look good for next week,but met.ie and our own M.T are saying it's to be good :confused:

charts to me look's like rain or shower's every day next week?!?!?!

edit:bad enough forecast on rte now aswell,ffs!!!!!

not as bad as last weeks though:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

get as far south as you can by the looks of it :mad:

And www.wetterzentrale.de have pushed the high south just like I though they would.

Well done official weather people. Youve got our hopes up for a 4th Summer in a row and grasped it away. I hope yer proud of yourselves. Up boards!:p

Ill sound like a thick but on wetterzentral it shows us red-ish with H just below. Does that not mean good weather ??

NOOO i won't get my ice cold winter ugh..

• Advertisement

so are we going to get period of dry settled weather yes/no/maybe:P

Advertisement