Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heatwave for end of July?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

owenc wrote: »
    Huh? Live the pic.. Currently 5c have got 3 hours to hit 0c we may hit it!? Nearest station around 7c so hopefully 2/3c for them i wonder what the record is!!!

Why the hell is your location automatically 3c colder than your nearest weather station, lol , WTF! Sometimes you annoy me Eoin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Why the hell is your location automatically 3c colder than your nearest weather station, lol , WTF! Sometimes you annoy me Eoin.

My nearest station goto 4c...:P and its 17c now, i bet you your not even at that yet!:P I live in the country aswell you know it drops more out here.. driving the three miles from the town to my house can sometimes be a difference of 3c and by the time you get to the top of the hill in the winter it could be 5c (in the winter...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Beasterly, you post here often enough to know that Owen's world is a reality free zone! ;)

My nearest station goto 4c...:P and its 17c now, i bet you your not even at that yet!:P I live in the country aswell you know it drops more out here.. driving the three miles from the town to my house can sometimes be a difference of 3c and by the time you get to the top of the hill in the winter it could be 5c (in the winter...)

How close is this weathr station , is it nearer or furthe from the coast to you , and this hill you speak of , how high is it?

Fionagus wrote: »
    Beasterly, you post here often enough to know that Owen's world is a reality free zone! ;)

Aw god for f sake do i have to friggen blow up the sky twenty times to prove to yous what the temp is, the weather is not the same as them f'in stations all the freaking time!:mad: Don't listen to him hes a teenager and that means hes jealous its a common theme! Looks like you didn't get the best weather this time beasterly!:P

• Advertisement

How close is this weathr station , is it nearer or furthe from the coast to you , and this hill you speak of , how high is it?

The hill is 380m.. and the weather station is 13 miles away (over a hill), the one in ballypatrick is 21 miles away (on a hill right at the coast thats why its always colder there in the summer plus its always foggy there and its probably foggy there now)... so it is kinda hard to tell conditions here.

Aw god for f sake do i have to friggen blow up the sky twenty times to prove to yous what the temp is, the weather is not the same as them f'in stations all the freaking time!:mad: Don't listen to him hes a teenager and that means hes jealous its a common theme! Looks like you didn't get the best weather this time beasterly!:P

No sorry , I'm not a teenager , your wrong there. I have no doubt you got alot colder than me last night , just questioning where you got your recordings from. I probaly only got to 9/10c , dont care tbh.

I'm sorry Eoin , but I saw you admit you were only 14 on a different forum recently , LOL , little kid that has no understanding of the weather.

How many storms have you got this year owen? Oh and how many funnel clouds , LOL.

Sorry couldn't resist;)

MT is tentatively predicting highs of between 27-29C for next week:). Fingers crossed it comes off - it would be great to have some decent weather for the races ..

MT is tentatively predicting highs of between 27-29C for next week:). Fingers crossed it comes off - it would be great to have some decent weather for the races ..

Well the gfs has us down for 17c max on monday. :eek: I don't think thats ever going to occur the highest temp is 23c on the gfs.. and thats nothing normal we've had that so many times is boring.

No sorry , I'm not a teenager , your wrong there. I have no doubt you got alot colder than me last night , just questioning where you got your recordings from. I probaly only got to 9/10c , dont care tbh.

I'm sorry Eoin , but I saw you admit you were only 14 on a different forum recently , LOL , little kid that has no understanding of the weather.

How many storms have you got this year owen? Oh and how many funnel clouds , LOL.

Sorry couldn't resist;)

Your 20 big woop, you still have a teenagers attitude it dosn't go away that quick and i'm not 14.;)

• Advertisement

Your 20 big woop, you still have a teenagers attitude it dosn't go away that quick and i'm not 14.;)

Oh your 12 so , fandabidosy! No I'm not 20 , your all out of guesses.

Look Eoin , you can't really talk to anybody about their attitude. Maybe you don't like other peoples attitude because it's so fun to wind you up;)

I wouldn't mind 27c now myself:)

Well the gfs has us down for 17c max on monday. :eek: I don't think thats ever going to occur the highest temp is 23c on the gfs.. and thats nothing normal we've had that so many times is boring.

I think MT meant that those temps might possibly be reached in places between Sunday and Thursday, probably the south east.
    Myself, I'll be happy with some occasional blue skies and sunshine! ;)

I think MT meant that those temps might possibly be reached in places between Sunday and Thursday, probably the south east.
    Myself, I'll be happy with some occasional blue skies and sunshine! ;)

I'll be happy with above 25c!!? and sunshine and NO WIND!:rolleyes: Actually it'll probably be the middle of this island that gets that as they are right at the coast away down there, i am usually one of the warmest and i was the first to get 25c and 20c in northern ireland!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Jeez, can we get the bloody conversation to the actual weather ffs?

Stop bickering :rolleyes:

Looking good for nice weather i hope. Im off for 10 days. ANything settled and no wind/rain is fine for me please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    marc-jacobs-mix-quilted-classic-rosen-handbags.jpg

HUh? Are you going shoping or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭mitresize5

this weather forum is a great source of information at time but sometimes it really hard work trying to get the information from between the rubbish thats posted.

Other forums on boards.ie have off topic threads - does the weather one have it and could people use it for all the bickering!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

It's really only the one person bickering though, the rest are those just winding the child up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

looks like light rain and drizzle will never be too far for the west and north of the country next week. Temps wmay hit the 27 or more (inland from west coast) that MT said but average temps will be closer to 23-25c on Monday and midweek period.

Things certainly look like settling down for at least the next 7 days (excluding tonight's weak front crossing the country).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

Didn't MT mention a possibility of 30C?

• Advertisement

Mobhi1 wrote: »

I seriously don't know were he's getting 27c from or 30c the met office have 16c max for me on Monday and the highest the gfs goes for anywhere is 22c hmmm

And it was down to 3C in Castlederg last night.:pac:

He did ..

'THURSDAY and FRIDAY ... from this distance, looking quite warm or even hot, with at least partly sunny skies, and highs potentially well into the 20s away from the cooler west coast due to onshore winds there. There may be a 29 or 30 C reading if the maps verify. This warm spell may reload and either return or continue through the weekend to follow'

I seriously don't know were he's getting 27c from or 30c the met office have 16c max for me on Monday and the highest the gfs goes for anywhere is 22c hmmm

I think you'd need to add a few degrees on to anything GFS gives for here. For today GFS is only giving 15C yet Met Eireann is giving 19C. That's usually the case with GFS as far as I can see.

And it was down to 3C in Castlederg last night.:pac:

Actually 2c here and there!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looking at the pressure charts I don't see how temps will get too high, the azores influence is from the west/north west next week not the south/east.

I think you'd need to add a few degrees on to anything GFS gives for here. For today GFS is only giving 15C yet Met Eireann is giving 19C. That's usually the case with GFS as far as I can see.

Oh I see.. But the met office follow them and they are usually correct

mike65 wrote: »
    Looking at the pressure charts I don't see how temps will get too high, the azores influence is from the west/north west next week not the south/east.

Same I can't see it

mike65 wrote: »

It is pretty unlikely I'll agree but if you have a look at my July comp predictions you'll see why even a remote possibility of 29-30C is appealing ! ;):D;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Got to 1c here last night.Today its very cloudy looks like its going to rain

Advertisement