Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraying Tug Boats on the Liffey

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

All I kept thinking when I saw the ad was "feckin twats getting people soaked on their way to work :mad:"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Those twats were paid I believe, I would have laughed and got wet if they'd paid me.

They paid actors, not people who happened to go that way to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'm in a minority here, I like it, Beckett bridge looks great. Well directed, I like the "waking up" feel to it. Better than the furry puppets.

(I don't work for DDFH&B)

I like the furry guys :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

phasers wrote: »
    I like the furry guys :(

Me too,the green one is a legend!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I vaguely remember some controversy over the puppet fella's. Some sort of copyright infringement with a London artist that had very similar characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Saw the ad last night on RTE for the first time.
    Great ad..........better then seeing junkies shooting up on
    the boardwalk ,thats for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

i think it's a great add, my OH got a little damp on his way to work while they shot it but he was on a bike and didn't mind...

i just don't like advertising for the lotto but that's a story for a different thread altogether!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I'm in a minority here, I like it, Beckett bridge looks great. Well directed, I like the "waking up" feel to it. Better than the furry puppets.

(I don't work for DDFH&B)

it's a good ad and a nice idea. There appears to be nothing anyone can do that people won't take a cynical 'it's crap, sure everything is crap' attitude to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I liked these the first few times. I absolutely DETEST it now. They have it on every single ad break as far as I can see.

Stupid stupid stupid ad.

So there.

Advertisement