Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stolen TT Bike - Mullingar 2 day

• 12-07-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My 2008 Felt DA TT bike with Zipp disc (with a Zipp tubular tyre) and wireless SRM professional power meter was taken from my 05-G-9515 grey Toyota Landcruiser sometime between 13:30 and 17:00 on Sunday July 11th. I have attached a picture. Its been reported to the Garda in Mullingar.
    The jeep was parked in the second row of cars (about 1/2 way down) on the training pitches within the rugby club compound.
    There was a Mavic Aksium on the front of the bike with a winter gator skin tyre.
    A rear Mavic Aksium (with a gator skin tyre) - with no skewer or cassette - was also taken from the car.
    The SRM computer was velcro'ed and cable tied to the TT bar. The cadence magnet was cable tied and velcrowed under the bottom bracket. The SRM was black.
    I am appealing to anybody who may have finished racing early and noticed something in the car park. Also if anybody notices this bike for sale on any of the buy and sell sites.
    Please contact me -
    Eoghan Considine
    Galway Bay Cycling Club
    086 8235229

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Thats **** man - hope you find it.

My only advice would be to keep an eye on the online ad sites, in particular gumtree.

Often these guys will post it up and organise a "you leave the money here, i'll leave the bike here" type deal.
    Especially with such a good bike, I can't see them selling it to one of their scummer mates - they'll know it's worth money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Sorry to hear about that, i had heard a few people talking about it at the race yesterday and thought somebody was having a laugh.Hope you get it back and the scumbag gets caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

wow nice bike, I will keep an eye out for it. Approach as many bike shops as you can with a picture of it - even email them perhaps. As spotty says keep looking at gumtree, adverts, ebay, etc...

Such a nice bike and easily recognisable. Anyone who buys this at a reduced price is partaking in the theft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Really sorry to see this. Such a beautiful bike.

Do you want this posting on some of the UK sites ? I reckon it's unlikely it'll be sold over here as it's so distinctive.

Advertisement