Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java/J2EE Contract Rates

Options
  • 12-07-2010 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently looking for contract work in Ireland, most likely Dublin. I will be working in the Java/J2EE software development area. I have 2.5 years Java experience, in total, 5 years development experience.

I was wondering if any of you are are Java contractors and can give me an idea of what rates I could command.

Thanks a million,
    Walrus

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Hi there, hopefully the following link will give you some guidelines: http://www.cpljobs.com/ITContract.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Joneser wrote: »
    Hi there, hopefully the following link will give you some guidelines: http://www.cpljobs.com/ITContract.html

Thanks a lot Joneser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

From experience contrcat rates are still dropping across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

E39MSport wrote: »
    From experience contrcat rates are still dropping across the board.

Actually, I've noticed a pick up in the last few months. They fell by as much as 40% from the figures listed, but seem to have settled down about 25% below the figures on the CPL site.

Also, since you have only 2.5 years Java experience, you would be very lucky to find a contract that would make it worth your while. There are people with 10+ years experience settling for €350 per day (and less in some instances). Get another few years experience from a perm-role and by then the market should have recovered quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Forgot to qualify that. My expereince is with UK rates. Perhaps time to stop flying .....

Advertisement