Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help please - From Lucan to Baldonnell

• 12-07-2010 11:05am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Folks

Hope you can give me some heads up on this, will be heading from the West so taking the Lucan slip road and then heading to Baldonnell.

I was speaking to a mate who reckons the road layouts have been changed so my sat nav won't have the changes, so if thats the case how akward will it be to get to Baldonnell for 9am?

Once I head down the Lucan slip road where do I go from here?

I have looked at Googlemaps and it looks straight forward but I am doubting now if even them maps are up to date. :(

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭rgfuller

It's straight forward - if you're coming down the N4 you'll take the turnoff for the Ballyowen road aka outer-ring road (R136) which as you can see from the maps has traffic lights on the Lucan end - turning into lots of roundabouts on the Baldonnel/Grange-Castle area.

The map is correct, you can also get a birds-eye view of the junctions too on bing maps which have fairly up-to-date aerial photography; http://www.bing.com/maps

If you're coming down the N7 depending on where in Baldonnel you want to get to just pick the correct exit - or correct roundabout off the Grange-Castle/Lucan turn off (again R136).

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

rgfuller wrote: »
    It's straight forward - if you're coming down the N4 you'll take the turnoff for the Ballyowen road aka outer-ring road (R136) which as you can see from the maps has traffic lights on the Lucan end - turning into lots of roundabouts on the Baldonnel/Grange-Castle area.

The map is correct, you can also get a birds-eye view of the junctions too on bing maps which have fairly up-to-date aerial photography; http://www.bing.com/maps

If you're coming down the N7 depending on where in Baldonnel you want to get to just pick the correct exit - or correct roundabout off the Grange-Castle/Lucan turn off (again R136).

Thanks for that.

I will be heading to the industrial estate.

Am I right in saying that turn off for Ballyowen road is a slip road? Or is it a right turn at a junction?

It's a tree lined slip road from the N4.

Shaded by the trees a bit - but visible here : http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=swsh5fgfxw5k&scene=53248634&lvl=1&sty=b

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

rgfuller wrote: »
    It's a tree lined slip road from the N4.

Shaded by the trees a bit - but visible here : http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=swsh5fgfxw5k&scene=53248634&lvl=1&sty=b
    Thanks very much, "Culchie on tour" Lol

Just want to ensure I get there from Mayo on time for the new job :)

One thing I spotted there, when I did a "directions" it sends me down the Newcastle road and New Nagor Road!
    I presume though that the road you are suggesting is a better and quicker option?

Thanks

• Advertisement

Either road is an option - the route I suggested is imho a tad more straightforward and probably a little bit quicker, neither road is too busy and travel time is probably the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dubluc

yop wrote: »
    Folks

Hope you can give me some heads up on this, will be heading from the West so taking the Lucan slip road and then heading to Baldonnell.

I was speaking to a mate who reckons the road layouts have been changed so my sat nav won't have the changes, so if thats the case how akward will it be to get to Baldonnell for 9am?

Once I head down the Lucan slip road where do I go from here?

I have looked at Googlemaps and it looks straight forward but I am doubting now if even them maps are up to date. :(

Thanks

What you are looking for is junction 3 on the N4 I don't think anyone mentioned that. Then as mentioned turn right onto R136 and follow it until you see signs for Baldonnell.

Safe driving and I think I read you are starting a job or having and interview or something, best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭sligo camper

I also need to go to Baldonnell Road, I take the advise of the previous contributors but am having difficulty getting Baldonnell Road on Google maps. anyone obliging able to interogate the system and fet me one?

thaknks

Advertisement