Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sleeveless Jerseys?

• 12-07-2010 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any links to reasonably priced sleeveless jerseys?

Cheers, the auld cycling tan is getting out of hand....

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

joker77 wrote: »
    Anyone got any links to reasonably priced sleeveless jerseys?

Cheers, the auld cycling tan is getting out of hand....

Triathlon is this way => :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Unless your name is Mario Cipollini don't even consider it .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

rasmussen20finogm4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Why do female cyclists often opt for sleeveless. I don't really get it?
    Do women get that much hotter than men if they cycle with covered shoulders?

ROK ON wrote: »
    Why do female cyclists often opt for sleeveless. I don't really get it?

Because women tend to wear sleeveless clothes off the bike?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen wrote: »
    Because women tend to wear sleeveless clothes off the bike?
    True but they also wear skirts and high heels, but I have yet to see female cyclist at a cycling event wear those on a bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

True but they also wear skirts and high heels, but I have yet to see female cyclist at a cycling event wear those on a bike.

The point is that since they go sleeveless off the bike they want to avoid a "stupid" cycling tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Have gone for this one - can't go wrong hopefully for 20 euro:
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C7877

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

The point is that since they go sleeveless off the bike they want to avoid a "stupid" cycling tan.

huh - the worse cycling tan i have the more i have been on the bike = good cant see a problem here (and i wear vest tops off the bike as well - just never warm enough here was seriouly considered arm warmers yesterday )

Craft Mens Tri Race you ar lost to us - seriously, isnt that a ban under the charter ?

• Advertisement

huh - the worse cycling tan i have the more i have been on the bike = good cant see a problem here (and i wear vest tops off the bike as well - just never warm enough here was seriouly considered arm warmers yesterday )

Craft Mens Tri Race you ar lost to us - seriously, isnt that a ban under the charter ?
    ha ha - knew I was going to come in for some stick for this

On the upside: if you're going to fail, fail cheaply. :pac:

edit: if you take the hem up on that Craft jersey you'll have yourself a lovely white man-bra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Ironically for something that is very non-Euro, sleeveless tops are very popular in continental Europe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Do women get that much hotter than men if they cycle with covered shoulders?
    It's true - women cyclists are much hotter.;)

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

Hermy wrote: »

I'll see your Kathy Ireland and raise you Liz Hatch. (Liz does, unfortunately, bat for the other side.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Hmm, came across a pair of serious cyclist women a while back wearing shorts and small black skirts. No sign of high heels though.

cantalach wrote: »
    Liz does, unfortunately, bat for the other side

Triathletes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Is there a UCI rule that says cyclist while racing must have slieved jerseys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Yes.

mloc123 wrote: »
    Is there a UCI rule that says cyclist while racing must have slieved jerseys?

Here.
    1.3.026 When competing all riders shall, wear a jersey with sleeves and a pair of shorts, possibly in the form of a onepiece skinsuit. By shorts it is understood that these are shorts that come above the knee. Sleeveless jerseys shall be forbidden.

So important they state it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭cantalach

Triathletes?

Lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Wear those tan lines with pride. Being embarrassed about them is a bad sign, you need to stamp it out now.

Here.
    1.3.026 When competing all riders shall, wear a jersey with sleeves and a pair of shorts, possibly in the form of a onepiece skinsuit. By shorts it is understood that these are shorts that come above the knee. Sleeveless jerseys shall be forbidden.
    So important they state it twice.
    That is some crazy sh*t.

Is there any logical reason for such a rule?

They have it in football as well, no sleeveless shirts, I think it was Cameroon or someone who tried to wear them for the 2002 World Cup.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I thought you were going to say here.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I feel less manly now after all these comments i own two sleveless top :( one santini and one campagnolo one both propper bike tops not tri tops

Like blorg said ireland is the only place you ll get stick over a sleeveless, was in france two weeks ago seen a few guys wearing them, nothing better on a hot day, but you get way worse sun burn wearing a sleeveless on your shouders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

Advertisement