Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Week

Options
  • 12-07-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been out to Cork week yet? What's it like?

A friend of mine was out there on Sunday but was disappointed. She said there was only half the amount of drinking tents of the last few years. :eek: And she found it impossible to get out there.

Anyone know if it would be possible to get there from the Currabinny side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Bill-e wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone been out to Cork week yet? What's it like?

A friend of mine was out there on Sunday but was disappointed. She said there was only half the amount of drinking tents of the last few years. :eek: And she found it impossible to get out there.

It wasn't open to the public last night - there was only one beer tent supposedly open for competitors and members.

All of the site and the bars will be open from this evening on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Apparently they forgot to apply for a public license for the weekend...DOH!!!!

Kind of a major oversight by someone if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bill-e wrote: »

Anyone know if it would be possible to get there from the Currabinny side?

Unless your a pretty good swimmer.
    Although some of the residents have small boats to go across to the shops you might be able to bum a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Hogzy wrote: »
    Although some of the residents have small boats to go across to the shops you might be able to bum a lift.
    I've done so in the past. The civil defence fellas are also handy if you give them a few bobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

I thought it was chockablock with under age drinkers. I pointed this out to the guards and security and neither cared. I saw people I know for a fact were 14 with pints in hand. They were falling around the place. They were lucky noone was drowned or seriously injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Have to say Thursday night was a joke, seeing as the Coronas were there. At about 6pm there were a LOAD of under agers boozing in the main tent. It was half empty like. Id say its really hard to police as some under age people have a right to be there (obviously not to drink though) as they may be staying on the boats so all food and living essentials are amongst the pubs and tents so it was normal to see young people walking around at 11 or 12. Crazy seeing them drinking though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Its always been known for this though and nothing is ever done.

Advertisement