Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navan Camera Club Exhibition

• 12-07-2010 11:52am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭

For anyone floating around Navan between next Thurs and the end of the month, Navan Camera Club are holding their annual exhibition in the Solstice Arts Centre. The official opening is Thursday 15th at 8.00pm and there's free drink :).
    Everyone is welcome even if you're from Louth! :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

They were meant to do one for our fund raiser but never got back to us on it. Might drop down for a nosey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm out in Trim, I'll have to drop in to see this since it's so close.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Update - kick off time is 7.30pm and not 8.00 as originally posted. That's a whole extra half hour of drinking time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ShaneM

Even Louth people are welcome? Wow. Thanks.

ShaneM wrote: »
    Even Louth people are welcome? Wow. Thanks.

Least we could do after not giving you a replay :D

• Advertisement

Least we could do after not giving you a replay :D
    Ouch. That hurt. Might bring a few up on Thursday night. Where's this place anyway?

It's in the Solstice Arts Centre which is right on the roundabout at the junction of Railway Street and Circular Road.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.650234,-6.685975&spn=0.00517,0.013937&z=17

Grand. That's the roundabout on the Trim Road. Hope to see you guys on Thursday night. Might bring a few from the Drogheda club [promice not to start a fight :D ]

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dink

:D:D:D I'll be there, not caring about GAA :D:D:D Just annoying Shane :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

And me! Drogheda Camera Club on a trip to Navan! What did you let yourself in for P&B!!!

• Advertisement

Ah yeah....all coming over to check out the competition.....:D

Looking forward to showing Drogheda CC some decent photos :cool:

There was us trying to support one of the local camera clubs.
    Typical eh?

Looking forward to seeing your shots guys.

I know Shane, the cheeck! Huh.
    Will be nice seeing the display though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

I'll be heading in too provided I don't get lost

Since it's just down the road from me I may pop down. I'll be the loner with no big posse behind me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SusieQue

Looking forward to seeing yee all although I'll only be there for a little while - family meal, my sisters 30th... The cheek of her!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

I'll drop around to have a look and say hello. I've been meaning to join for some time now.

Some nice images on display, hope you guys sell them all over the 2 weeks :)

PB - thanks for the invite and the warm reception, lovely exhibition, the theme worked well and a good selection of quality there! Hopefully the Navan crew will be able to make it over to Drogheda for one of our showings!

Nice meeting you sNarah, brief as it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hmboards

There's some great talent on display from boardsies and others. Perfect location to display them all too. Nice to meet some of you and put faces to names. Best of luck with the sales.

So nice to meet a few new people last night. Sorry I couldn't hang around longer. Hope you enjoyed your night and our images ;)

See you all soon!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Some really nice work on display there guys.

Thanks to pullandbang for the invite.

Susie - your work on display was great. Be very proud.

Denis - I love the "on and on" print (sorry if i've not the correct name - that connemara one) and the ruined house takes on a whole independent life in its larger format than what we saw on computer screen. Well done.

Very enjoyable to catch up with a few of ye guys too - old and new.

Keith - Sorry, I missed you. Would have liked to say hello but another time I guess.

That aul crowd from Louth are a mighty fine bunch of people altogether and it was great to be in some of your company - Gill, Sarah, Darren and Shane. I hoped the "flathouse" lived up to its reputation and the pint was good.

hmboards - (darn it, I missed the name.. sorry) Good to put the face to the name and sure your only a little down the road from me ;)

And not forgetting Petra, it was great to catch up with you again too.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone (if i missed anyone then really sorry) :)

AnCatDubh wrote: »

Denis - I love the "on and on" print (sorry if i've not the correct name - that connemara one) and the ruined house takes on a whole independent life in its larger format than what we saw on computer screen. Well done.

Thank you so much Tommy. So sorry I didn't get to chat to you more :(

Agree with you about Denis's on & on.. LOVE that one too :-)

And it was so good of everyone to drop by for a look. Great to meet so many of yee again & for the first time :D

Bye for now,
    Susie;)

Some really nice work on display there guys.

Thanks to pullandbang for the invite.

Very enjoyable to catch up with a few of ye guys too - old and new.

Keith - Sorry, I missed you. Would have liked to say hello but another time I guess.

That aul crowd from Louth are a mighty fine bunch of people altogether and it was great to be in some of your company - Gill, Sarah, Darren and Shane. I hoped the "flathouse" lived up to its reputation and the pint was good.

hmboards - (darn it, I missed the name.. sorry) Good to put the face to the name and sure your only a little down the road from me ;)

And not forgetting Petra, it was great to catch up with you again too.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone (if i missed anyone then really sorry) :)

I was there for a good while, if I'd known what you looked like I'd have come and said hi :)

'on and on' was my pick of the selection, as I said to Susie on the night :) But there wasn't a bad print on display, really hope you all sell :)

Was that the fency once? Loved that print.
    Suzy, I particulary enjoyed that yellowy flower of yours, can't remember what it was called.

Ah yeah, Navan wasn't too shabby - We'll have to make sure to extend a Boards invitation for Drogheda Cam Club exhibitions during the year!

I actually met a fellow Sony user there :D He was a randomer from the Dublin camera club. You never know who's taking an interest

sNarah wrote: »
    Ah yeah, Navan wasn't too shabby - We'll have to make sure to extend a Boards invitation for Drogheda Cam Club exhibitions during the year!

Look forward to it. Great meeting you all last night and glad you enjoyed the show. It was my first time seeing all the other exhibits and I was suitably impressed. One of the girls even had a sale on the night :)

Was that the fency once? Loved that print.
    Suzy, I particulary enjoyed that yellowy flower of yours, can't remember what it was called.

Why thank you Sarah. Lovely to meet you, albeit, a quick one. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

Not that I have anything new to say. But wanted to say as well how much I enjoyed the evening - well worth the long travel:)

From you two I liked especially Susies Wine Glas and P&B's Old house. Like that series anyway but printed even more.

And enjoyed meeting known and new people as well. Thanks to the Drogheda crowd for letting a DCC member joining the pub session:)

xia wrote: »
    Not that I have anything new to say. But wanted to say as well how much I enjoyed the evening - well worth the long travel:)

From you two I liked especially Susies Wine Glas and P&B's Old house. Like that series anyway but printed even more.

And enjoyed meeting known and new people as well. Thanks to the Drogheda crowd for letting a DCC member joining the pub session:)

Thank you kindly:o Its a pity we couldn't join you in the Pub ... Next time :)

There's a few photos from the Navan CC exhibition opening night up on the club website. I see a few familiar faces in them..:)

Me me me!

PB: I've send an email to that contact address, wondering if I can have a copy of that pic for personal use?

Me me me!

PB: I've send an email to that contact address, wondering if I can have a copy of that pic for personal use?

I know who took it so I'll ask him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Ah crap, how did I miss this! I've just spent the week in Navan and had abit of free time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement