Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Applications

• 12-07-2010 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else out (i'm sure there are plenty, but I mean in this forum) there has gone for a job in Google?

I applied recently enough. Sent through my cv. Positive feedback back from them. Asked to do a mini 'project' thing. Spent hours working on what I thought was a good solid response. But been rejected....Boom!

I had applied for a Product Marketing Manager role. Has anyone else been through the experience? What exactly is it that they're looking for in a candidate? I have the experience, education, etc. I really thought my project response was what they were looking for but obviously not. :( Any advice/previous experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

I was considering applying for the role - there is an associate variation of the product marketing manager role which I felt may be more suited as I do not have years and years of experience but I do tick all the other boxes.

Interesting to here about the mini-project. I might apply later this week. Just out of interest did you pick up anything regarding payscale? How much experience did you have? How long did it take them to respond to your application?

Ah working in Google is not that great. I'm frequently down there - trust me, the novelty wears off. If you love digital, go work in an agency in London or one of the best ones over here.

Advertisement