Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any brick and mortar shops with network tools

Options
  • 12-07-2010 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I lost my crimper somewhere (probably left in customer office) and I urgently need one. All web shops are doing delivery, no pick up possible, at least not instant.
    I need one today, I checked Maplins, Peats - but they're charging 40 quid for bloody thing (disgrace!). I checked Radionics as well, similar thing.

Anyone knows where I can get one in decent price?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

No.
    You'd be luck to find one at all other than Maplin.

You might get a RJ11 crimp cheap in a Euro store or HW shop, but not RJ45.

Radionics is horrendously expensive for anything, but might be better quality than Maplin one.

I take it you are in Dublin. It's no fun poking in the pins one by one with a screwdriver blade and getting it to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

Wood Communications in the Ballymount Ind Est would have one and will have no problem in you picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

watty wrote: »
    (...)
    I take it you are in Dublin. It's no fun poking in the pins one by one with a screwdriver blade and getting it to work :(

Yeah I know, I spent 20 minutes doing a cable the other day, 10 minutes each side, my hands were bleeding, I checked the wires order few times and imagine what....

The order was fine, but I put the plug the other way and had mirror image of what I should have, grrr...

I'll try Wood communications, thanks

EDIT: I rang Wood Communications - they have plenty on stock for 22euro. Thanks RustySpoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

docentore wrote: »
    Yeah I know, I spent 20 minutes doing a cable the other day, 10 minutes each side, my hands were bleeding, I checked the wires order few times and imagine what....

The order was fine, but I put the plug the other way and had mirror image of what I should have, grrr...

I'll try Wood communications, thanks

EDIT: I rang Wood Communications - they have plenty on stock for 22euro. Thanks RustySpoon!

Try Temple Sales in Tallaght, they do them for 18.00 the same make as Woods.

Advertisement