Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

You got refunded already?? Did it take long after you sent in documentation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Just got confirmation from BOI Mastercard there that if you have a cancellation email you'll be refunded.

Just need to send proof of cancellation and the booking to the following address:

FAO: Chargeback Dept.
    BOI Customer Operations
    2nd Floor
    Customer Service
    Cabinteely
    Dublin 18

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭qwytre

xraylady wrote: »
    You got refunded already?? Did it take long after you sent in documentation?

No, I went into the branch on wednesday, filled out a form and give them copies of the booking and emails etc and they refunded it yesterday eve. So just over 24 hours. Thank you NIB.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭xraylady

Wow, Certainly quick work. Hope B of I are as efficent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

its a real pain. i made the booking on 13th (the day before went bust) and the hotel dont have booking but wont put it in writing/email that there is no booking. Have to wait a few more days before they will do so. Then will get them to send confirmation out. Its so annoying. I am pissed at 1800hotels for taking the money hours before going bust.

Anyone know how long a chargeback takes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jreddy

This is the email address for Mark Travel Support@tmtcintl.com. If anyone else has a booking with Mark Travel just wondering how u are getting on??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Nearly had a heart-attack there, I booked 3 nights in London through 1800hotels on the 8th of July via my 3v card. Just rang the hotel in London and they have received the cash plus confirmed my booking.

God, hope everyone gets sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 griffinj

Warper wrote: »
    Nearly had a heart-attack there, I booked 3 nights in London through 1800hotels on the 8th of July via my 3v card. Just rang the hotel in London and they have received the cash plus confirmed my booking.

God, hope everyone gets sorted.

Hi, i would double check this with the supplier. Alot of people have been told this by their hotels and when they double checked with the supplier turns out they haven't been paid and were going to cancel the rooms.

Best to be safe than sorry, contact the supplier for confirmation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 griffinj

i also thought the supplier does not pay the hotel until after u have stayed, so it seems impossible that the hotel could have recieved payment already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 samtyler

Sods screwed me over. Paid by Laser and arrived in London for 3 nights - hotel cancelled.
    Any comebacks for me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

samtyler wrote: »
    Sods screwed me over. Paid by Laser and arrived in London for 3 nights - hotel cancelled.
    Any comebacks for me?

Do you have holiday insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

griffinj wrote: »
    Hi, i would double check this with the supplier. Alot of people have been told this by their hotels and when they double checked with the supplier turns out they haven't been paid and were going to cancel the rooms.

Best to be safe than sorry, contact the supplier for confirmation.

Who is the supplier? 1800hotels?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

1800hotels were not suppliers, just sellers, they bought the rooms from GTA,
    Youtravel etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Booked hotel in Dublin for this week back in the end of may. no record of booking in the hotel and had to pay again. Transaction was with BOI mastercard and they have told me to give it until the end of next week before i phone again as nothing has been sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

I am reading on Page 2 of "Go" Travel Supplement of todays Irish Times, that Hotels.com will give a 20% discount to Irish 1800hotels.ie customers affected by the collapse.

The offer is valid from July 21st for bookings until 31st December, 2010, and can only be claimed on rebookings made to phone no. 01-6569447. The original 1800hotels booking reference number must also be given at the same time of rebooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Salman93

I booked a holiday for 1505 Euros from 1800hotels.ie and their business went bankrupt!

I contacted the hotel i'm staying in directly and they told me that my room is still booked and that the fees have been paid.

Now youtravel.com want me to pay them again or they will cancel my reservation. They say they haven't received the payment from 1800hotels.ie

What do I do???

Heeeeelllppppp!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 caled

iam in simillar situation i rang hotel in barcelona they said they had booking i then rang hotel connect who 1800 went through they said they had not been paid and it would now cost an extra €200 euro for same hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I am reading on Page 2 of "Go" Travel Supplement of todays Irish Times, that Hotels.com will give a 20% discount to Irish 1800hotels.ie customers affected by the collapse.

The offer is valid from July 21st for bookings until 31st December, 2010, and can only be claimed on rebookings made to phone no. 01-6569447. The original 1800hotels booking reference number must also be given at the same time of rebooking.

Hi I wonder if you can help I didn't get the Irish times so my question is.
    Is there a time limit what i mean is the holiday with 1800 hotel was for mid september so could i book with hotels.com at the begining of september.

Thanks in advance.

20% off on rebookings
    Bookings website Hotels.com (part of Expedia group) is to offer Irish customers affected by the collapse of the 1800hotels.ie website the opportunity to rebook with a 20 per cent discount.

Customers can claim the discount with Hotels.com by calling a dedicated telephone number and provide their original 1800hotels.ie booking reference number at the time of rebooking. The offer is valid from July 21st for hotel bookings until December 31st, 2010. The discount can only be claimed on rebookings made by phone on 01-6569447.

To answer your question, it looks as if the answer is "yes", but I would not be entirely sure. I reckon Hotels.com could withdraw that particular offer after a certain period, should they wish. I would make that phone-call for clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 XxcloudxX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Hi my parents have a 1800 refund voucher due to ash cloud last april. Does anyone know if it is useless now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

marvsins wrote: »
    Hi my parents have a 1800 refund voucher due to ash cloud last april. Does anyone know if it is useless now ?

I think it will be more or less useless, put a claim in wit the Receivers but i doubt you'll get a cent back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vampire diaries

For anyone looking to contact hotels.com on this issue, I have just been onto them and they know nothing of this discount. Maybe if I wait till Wed as the date says 21st July but I'm not too optimistic!!
    20% off on rebookings
    Bookings website Hotels.com (part of Expedia group) is to offer Irish customers affected by the collapse of the 1800hotels.ie website the opportunity to rebook with a 20 per cent discount.

Customers can claim the discount with Hotels.com by calling a dedicated telephone number and provide their original 1800hotels.ie booking reference number at the time of rebooking. The offer is valid from July 21st for hotel bookings until December 31st, 2010. The discount can only be claimed on rebookings made by phone on 01-6569447.

To answer your question, it looks as if the answer is "yes", but I would not be entirely sure. I reckon Hotels.com could withdraw that particular offer after a certain period, should they wish. I would make that phone-call for clarification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 LauraMcGonigle

katcali wrote: »
    Found a list of contact email adressess for different countries at http://suppliers.hotelbeds.com/infoSoporte.jsp#ukireland . I emailed Lanzarote which is where we are booked to go and got this reply:
    Dear xxxxxx,

unfortunately this is true and we have not received any payment from this touroperator. Our central has started cancelling all the reservations with this Touroperator 2 days ago. Yours has not yet been cancelled but will be.

In order to find out about your rights and possible reimbursement we suggest to all the guest affected to get in touch with an association called ABTA.

The contacts are the following: email: ABTA@abta.co.uk or the phone number is: 0044(0)2076372444

Also, if you are still interested in coming to the island you have the option of either booking with the hotel directly or via another website that works with us which is HOTELOPIA (where we have had no problems in the past).

Hoping this will help you get this issue solved, I remain.

Kind regards,

Maren Rittner

Cristina Calin
    (Booking Department)

Hotelbeds Accomodation & Destination Services
    Tel: (+34) 928.51.14.09 Fax: (+34) 928.51.09.91
    C/Garajonay, 18 izquierda.
    35510 Puerto del Carmen- LANZAROTE.
    www.hotelbeds.com
    At least we know where we stand in our situation now. We are going to try and rebook our originial rooms. We are lucky in a sense that we know there is availability and if the hotel want to keep our booking (3 apartments) they should honour the originial booking and price. If they dont there are plenty of reasonable places to stay in lanzarote. Different story for those in more expensive places. Hopefully we will get our refund from the bank. Thats another story altogether as we paid by Visa Debit card with Ulster Bank and are giving us conflicting info....:confused:
    Katcali - any chance you'd give me Maran Rittners email address - the address on the contact page has an out of office reply on it until the end of July!! <panicked!>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sharon kelly

I booked a hotel in New York last January. When I rang them last week the booking was confirmed but they said I would have to pay the hotel rate which was very expensive. The rate I got off 1800hotels was much lower (a bargain). I have now booked another hotel. This morning when I checked my e mail I have a message from Gulliver Travel saying they have taken over my booking and that it is confirmed, they did not say whether its for the original price. I also paid by laser so don't know what to do now. Thankfully I only paid a deposit. I can't get through to 1800 hotels and the web site is gone

The article appeared in the travel supplement, Irish Times, Saturday 17, July. Also heard a spokesman for Hotels.com mention the same discount offer on The Business Show, Newstalk Radio, last Saturday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 sharon kelly

I actually booked with hotels.com and i mentioned the 20% discount but they said they were not aware of it!!

The offer is for rebookings made from Wednesday 21, July and only on the dedicated telephone line. Sorry, I can't thow any more light on the confusion and lack of knowlege by Hotels.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Salman93

I booked a hotel through 1800hotels.ie by Laser for 1505 Euros. I rang the hotel and they told me that my booking is still there and even paid for fully by youtravel.com.

But youtravel.com are insisting that they haven't received anything from 1800hotels.ie and now they want me to pay 1505 Euros again or they'll cancel my reservation. WTF??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 katcali

Katcali - any chance you'd give me Maran Rittners email address - the address on the contact page has an out of office reply on it until the end of July!! <panicked!>

Laura, try Isabel Rodriguez (mod edit : personal-work e-mail address removed) as she was the person who told me I would be getting an email from "Maran Rittners" shortly. Also try e-lanzarote@hotelbeds.com as that is how i got through firstly.

Advertisement