Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

PPatel wrote: »
    What is laser payment? I paid with american express who are aware of the problem, but waiting to see if Mark Travel can resolve this with 1800

Laser is an irish debit style card. Money comes straight from your account.
    as someone said earlier in the thread, it's like paying with cash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭pyzon

got back onto UB and they got direct through to chargebacks department, gave them details they will send me a form - declaration of service not rendered or something, and i just send back confirmation that hotel has no booking and confirmation of payment and they said it will take 2-3 weeks to refund and they go off and recover.

cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PPatel

Dermo wrote: »
    Laser is an irish debit style card. Money comes straight from your account.
    as someone said earlier in the thread, it's like paying with cash

Thanks, after few attempts I found it on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Alea

samtyler wrote: »
    That article in the IT is all well and good , but at the end of the day people who paid by Laser can just kiss their money goodbye. :mad:
    Surely there must be some way of compensating those of us who paid by Laser - after all , we entered into a contract with 1800 , they took our money and did not porvide the specified service.
    If you paid cash in a shop and they did the same thing , you can still have access to consumers rights!:confused:

I agree, I just heard it by chance last wk. We paid 1000 euro with the laser card. We'll never see that again. Our insurance won't cover it either... Consumer rights means nothing if they go into liquidation. 1st they'll pay the banks, the the suppliers then us... We're way down the food chain on this 1.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jackjoe

Please someone out there help me paid for hotel by BoI laser arrived at hotel GTA had canceled had to pay hotel more expensive rate out of pocket €150 can I get this money back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 merrywalk2000

hey,

has anyone booked with you travel and if so have u received their email??

• Registered Users Posts: 8 griffinj

hey,

Hey

Yep i rebooked with them last thurs and up until today i had no email from them. So after a phone call and an email to them they had it to me straight away, they have a backlog of requests to get through apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ronnie147

i was ment to pay them today but didnt i was watin to see what the out come was with the court case in america still no news on that yet,if i dont hear by tomorrow im going to pay youtravel so at least i'l be staying in the hotel i originaly booked. its such a pain in the head im sick of it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Jackjoe -Sorry to hear of your distress. Laser cards should should come with a big financial warning. The user is always the one to lose out when things go wrong.

1800Hotels are not paying the agents. The agents can't pay the hotels and the innocent customer is forced to pay again. Now it has all ended up in court. I would say keep all your documents. It will become clearer with time, what option, if any, you may have in relation to getting any satisfaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1800victim

Hi,

I booked with 1800 by lazer (stupid i know) but my room is still booked and confirmed with Mark Travel for now. Am not due to travel until August so have no idea how to proceed. Does anyone know what will happen if my room is not canceled and I use this room? Would I be charged upon checkout even though I paid the balance to 1800 already? What exactly do they mean by 'honouring' their bookings? Does it just mean that they allow the rooms to remain booked or that they are still paying for these rooms? Any advise would be appreciated, I'm totally confused and upset about the whole thing (paid over 1600 for room!).

• Advertisement

Ronnie 147- The court proceedings are ongoing.

Not sure if this article helps. Did you check with your hotel about payment?

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2010/0720/1224275074272.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1800victim

Hi, yeah i asked the hotel about the outstanding balance and they said that the bill will be sent to Mark Travel. I asked when this would happen and they said after I check out? This is all well and good but if I go and check into the hotel and Mark Travel cancel the booking while I'm there, god knows what rate they'll charge for my stay! Some articles say the hearing is due August 11th, I'm due to check in August 10th. Very difficult to know what to do- there are reports of 'temporary' banks on the bedbanks canceling contracts but they dont define temporary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Volviclady

Hi, Just wondering has anyone received a refund back fro BOI yet? I wrote to them last week and attached all correspondance I had with 1800 hotels, my hotel and the booking agent.
    Would kind of like to get some notification back from BOI that they are at least looking into my case! :(

1800victim - it appears that you are at the mercy of Mark Travel until things get sorted. No way of yet knowing for sure how things may pan out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

hey,

I rebooked with them 2 days after everything came out and I got the email 2-3 days later along with an email saying they hadnt received the money from 1800 hotels to give to the bank. Was delighted with this as hadnt asked for it at that point :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭dids6457

Volviclady wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondering has anyone received a refund back fro BOI yet? I wrote to them last week and attached all correspondance I had with 1800 hotels, my hotel and the booking agent.
    Would kind of like to get some notification back from BOI that they are at least looking into my case! :(

Hi there, I sent off original booking, letter from youtravel to say 1800 hadnt paid them and the new booking with a letter at the start of the week, no word yet. Something similar happened my boyfriend with soccer tickets in February and the money was simply returned to the credit card, not sure if it will be the same in this case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I am sending my stuff today as hotel only replied to me today advising no booking for me. sending all the stuff to them tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

We've booked Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge for 5 nights in November through this shower. We booked by credit card. Our voucher says it's payable by GTA. Where does all this leave us does anyone know?

Is there any point in contacting Disney or GTA? Should we go straight to the bank. Anybody have any ideas on what the bank will require before they'll issue a refund?

Bank of Ireland were fine to deal with. The girl just asked for a cancellation letter and confirmation fo the booking and said a refund would be issued no problem. Now I've got the problem of actually getting a cancellation letter. I phoned GTA who said that they're not dealing with any bookings past July 26th at the moment, pending legal proceedings. Have to wait until next week to hear anything from that end.

Have tried to find an international phone number where I could enquire direct from Disney about the booking but to no avail. Everything seems to be done through an online contact form. Filled out one of those last night but no reply yet.

It's a bit frustrating not having any idea of the timeline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Just noticed this thread, had no idea they were gone. I had a hotel booked for 2 weeks in August with them and ive emailed the hotel and they informed me the booking was cancelled. I booked with bank of ireland credit card and I see people here are saying you need a letter of cancelation. Is that from 1880 hotels or from the actual hotel? Is that all I need?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I just got an email from the hotel I booked with 1800hotels confirming that my booking is still valid and that they got paid. I booked last February though for a trip in October so the fact that it was months ago might have something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

lasno wrote: »

That's actually good news for people in my situation. GTA will go and cancel all their bookings now I presume. I wonder if they'll inform us of this at all or what will happen. Who will I manage to get a cancellation letter from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Volviclady

I just checked my banking online and I have been refunded :) I am delighted, I can finally rebook elsewhere!
    Hope everyone else is refunded soon, thanks for all the advice on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

first post so will declare now no connection whatsoever with hotelconnect.

booked room in Rome with 1800. rest is history. hotelconnect were the company used by 1800.rebooked (and received a 4 for 3 discount) through hotelconnect directly and have nothing but praise for the manner of the rebooking and the courtesty extended by this company. hopefully boi credit card services will now refund the original booking. really great service from hotelconnect though.

Just wondering - is your 4 for 3 discount price with Hotelconnect cheaper than the original 1800 booking you had made?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

original price €400, which was the cheapest rate for this hotel I could find. As 1800 gave no further details I do not know if this included a 4 for 3 deal or not, however the new booking specified €500 as the rate - less €125 for the free night. So, yes the new price was cheaper than the first.
    j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 derekoneill

BOI Refund.

We received our refund from the bank on Friday! Happy Days!!!

We posted in the letter on Monday explaining everything, accomodation voucher and also email from YouTravel. And received money back on friday! Very efficient.

We had already rebooked with another crowd for a cheaper price. YouTravel came accross really bad in my book so I would not rebook with them, anyway they seemed like they were trying to rip us off!

Hope everyone else gets sorted out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭collegegal

I have booked with the through GTA, at this point the hotel still has my booking, but GTA wont deal with anything until after the 26th...which is today, hopefully i'll be able to get my cancellation letter to get my refund as soon as. Meant to be travelling next week to new york :/

Advertisement