Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

eerwegtweg wrote: »
    Best thing to do is to make a brand new independant booking with a hotel that has a cancellation policy that will allow you to cancel up to 2pm the day of arrival or something. Then if your original booking does materialise you can just cancel the new booking. If the original booking doesn't materialise then just go ahead and use this second booking. Booking with hotels directly usually gives the best cancellation policy. It may not be the cheapest, but it is the safest in this situation.
    That is what I did for my trip to London last week. GTA cancelled my booking only 48 hrs before arrival so at least I had made a back-up booking a while in advance so wasn't them hit with high prices for a last minute booking.

I, like you, booked with 1800hotels as it was an Irish company. When asked what card to use, I selected Laser thinking there would be less charges for them and so a good idea. Never again! Credit card all the way I reckon!
    Thank you so much for your good advice. I re-booked yesterday directly with the hotel's website as I wanted to stay in that hotel anyway. I didn't want the hassle of arriving at the hotel to discover my original booking was cancelled. I'm going to ring the credit card company & am hoping they will be able to cancel the payment, as it sounds like the booking may be cancelled anyway.

Thanks to everyone else for your advice. That's what i like about boards, it's easy for all of us to talk to each other when we are in a situation like this.

Good luck to you all with getting your money back!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Has anybody ben refunded by mbna yet ? I booked with 1800 on 2/6/2010 or an apartment in lanzarote in September. I paid by credit card and they booked through you travel. You travel e mailed me looking for the payment again but I was reluctant to pay again. You travel then cancelled my booking and I got an e mail from the apartments confirming this. I sent a copy of all the e mails to mbna about two weeks ago but have heard nothing since.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭lensman

BOI are paying up,...got a refund last Friday,

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Got a letter from MBNA today stating they are refunding my money .

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elaine08

Has anyone got a refund from PTSB Visa and how long did it take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Tippex

rayobri wrote: »
    When we got to our hotel on Friday we were told that our booking had been cancelled by GTA on Tuesday last. GTA or the hotel did not email us even though they had the details.

We had contacted the hotel the week before and they provided an email saying they had been paid. However, they actually hadn't.

If you have received confirmation from the hotel I would continue to call in days leading upto your travel date.

We were lucky however and hotel reception got us a hotel 50 yards away for around same price.

I am with Halifax and rang today and they gave all the info needed for chargeback.

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Just one thing for all to note. GTA etc are highly unlikely to have any of your details apart from your name and age. Generally the booking agent does not pass on any of this information to the supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

chris85 wrote: »
    its a real pain. i made the booking on 13th (the day before went bust) and the hotel dont have booking but wont put it in writing/email that there is no booking. Have to wait a few more days before they will do so. Then will get them to send confirmation out. Its so annoying. I am pissed at 1800hotels for taking the money hours before going bust.

Anyone know how long a chargeback takes?
    Hi there,

I contacted my hotel too (only a phone number on the website) and they gave me an e-mail address. Of course, I haven't heard back yet by e-mail. My credit card company want confirmation of the cancellation of the booking from the hotel before they will refund me, understandably.

This is a real pain, hope you all get sorted.

At least I've made another booking, so it will be OK when I arrive, thankfully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 filiptandem

Hello,

Related to this topic, I would like to ask if someone is in a same position like my self. I have booked the hotel in May for September 2010, paid the whole amount in advance with debit card. After receiving an e-mail from 1800 hotels, I have contacted my hotel and they told that everything seems to be in order from their perspective. After that I have contacted the bed bank agent to double check with them as well. At first they told me that everything is ok. I insisted to receive a written confirmation from them but they refused to do so. After a while they askeg me trough which agent I booked and when they heard that I booked trough 1800hotels.ie they told me over the phone that my reservation is canceled. Couple of days after that I called my hotel again and again they confirmed me that everything is ok with my booking for September!!! Can anybody advise me how can I resolve this, because I can not claim the chargeback since my reservation is still valid and sub agent is refusing to issue me a written statment regarding cancelation. Thanks in advance for your help,

Phil Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sluke

collegegal wrote: »
    who do i get a cancellation letter from?? Im payable through GTA, now my booking hasnt actually been cancelled yet, but thats not to say it wont, its booked for next week. It can still be cancelled 48hrs before....so who do I get the cancellation letter from??

Just wondering if any one out there has contact number or even better an email address for hotel beds thew email is costa del ~?????? but its hard to get any info. My daughter and 10 friends arrived in Torremelinos to find their booking cancelled even after the hotel had confirmed it 4 times!!!Greta start to their 6yh year hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elaine08

Hi

if you look back on the earlier posts on this thread somebody had a link up that gave all the contact information for hotel beds in each place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭another native

Katcali (page 16 of this post) gave details on July 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

follow up of earlier post. have now received refund from boi for original booking. I requested hotelconnect for a covering letter stating the hotel had to be rebooked and they supplied an email to this effect which I in turn forwarded to boi credit card services. happy outcome in this case and hopefully everyone else affected by this will also receive refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 willie.c

Is anyone having trouble getting a responce from hotelsbeds? My hotel confirmed that my booking is cancelled so im looking for a letter comfirming this for cc company. I've rang hotelbeds and got through to the rudest person ever, she just would not listen to me. I've emailed a dozen letters and no reply. im getting nowhere.

willie c: my 'fallback' option was to get a letter from hotel stating that original booking by 1800 was not paid for and a fresh booking had to be made. in my case this was unnecessary but maybe in your case you should go down that road. I also think that by this stage all the cc companies HAVE to have processed a number of claims for rebookings etc so it should come as no big surprise to them to receive your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 MBIreland

Have travel insurance with Multitrip.ie. They are trying to pay only half of the claim as there were two of us on the holiday. Are they entitled to do this? My Fiancée also has cover with them, however we will both end up paying the €75 excess if she has to claim separately.

I paid for the hotels on the holiday, all the receipts are in my name etc. So they don't even know that I wasn't on holiday alone.

Anyone got any advice? I'm thinking about the consumer agency, the financial regulator and also the small claims court based on what others have told me this afternoon.

Hope this mess is coming to an end now.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Got my refund from BOI anyway. Have to say they were very good to deal with. I couldn't get an email from Disney to say that the reservation had been cancelled so I just used the emails from GTA and 1800hotels.ie about them going bankrupt which siad the reservation would be cancelled without being specific to my booking or anything. They refunded the money no problem. Now to re-book. Looks like it's going to cost about €150 more than 1800 had cost me but sure at least I didn't lose €1300!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jammasterjay

Hi, i must have been living under a rock for the last month to not have heard about this but i have/had 7 nights booked in 3 different hotels in California worth about 600 quid and I'm flying out tomorrow! Got an email off 1800 this morning with a bankruptcy form to fill out and send to Florida! Rang GTA and Hotel beds and they canceled all bookings. Booked it on a Laser so the bank said it can't refund it. Have insurance with VHI which doesn't cover it.

Anyone any ideas on if there's a chance I could get the money back?
    Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Just got an email from 1800 re bankrupcty.

I had a room booked for 2 nights in Sepang, Malaysia for the 6&7 September. I booked back in May and paid £80.00 in full through Visa/MBNA.

I presume they will refund me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Got this today:

To All Creditors:

Attached please find copies of the following:

(1) Expedited Motion for Approval of Procedures for Future Notices Pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P. 2002 and 3017 (Doc. 76);

(2) Expedited Application for Approval of Agreement with Kurtzman Carson Consultants and Appointment of Kurtzman Carson Consultants as Claims, Noticing, and Balloting Agent for the Debtors (Doc. 77); and

(3) Notice of Hearing on the above motions for August 19, 2010 at 4:30 p.m.

You are receiving this as a potential creditor in the bankruptcy of 1800Hotels4u, LLC and Happy Duck Limited. These attachments reflect a hearing on the identified motions for which you have the opportunity to participate.

Kind regards,

1800HOTELS4U, LLC

Have 6 PDF's full of court speak which does not really help.
    I dont know if I have to do anything further or if Ill be notified of the outcome...

P.S PDF's attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Ryo Hazuki wrote: »
    Got this today:

To All Creditors:

(1) Expedited Motion for Approval of Procedures for Future Notices Pursuant to Fed.R.Civ.P. 2002 and 3017 (Doc. 76);

(2) Expedited Application for Approval of Agreement with Kurtzman Carson Consultants and Appointment of Kurtzman Carson Consultants as Claims, Noticing, and Balloting Agent for the Debtors (Doc. 77); and

You are receiving this as a potential creditor in the bankruptcy of 1800Hotels4u, LLC and Happy Duck Limited. These attachments reflect a hearing on the identified motions for which you have the opportunity to participate.

Kind regards,

1800HOTELS4U, LLC

I dont know if I have to do anything further or if Ill be notified of the outcome...

P.S PDF's attached.

Got the same thing just now. Have succesful chargeback completed through BOI so not even bothered to look at it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Ryo Hazuki wrote: »
    Got this today:

To All Creditors:

Kind regards,

1800HOTELS4U, LLC

P.S PDF's attached.

You should of got a 2nd email with a claim form attached which you fill in and return to Florida

chris85 wrote: »
    Got the same thing just now. Have succesful chargeback completed through BOI so not even bothered to look at it tbh.

+ 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 DocToxic

hey guys i got that email to but never got the claims form can someone send it on to me or is it case specific

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I just got the email i booked mine in April so presume its cancelled. I booked it with laser did somebody say you cant get a refund if you booked it was Laser. also whats the best way to get a refund i done have the time right now to look at the form to send off but it looks very confusing, is this the only way to get a refund uh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Incy Wincy

I am also a laser customer.....can I complete one of these forms....have been on hols and got the devastating news when I arrived which was Sunday July 11th to be exact...hotel did accommodate me TG but I am still out of pocket.....what are our options? are laser people screwed or is there any comeback at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭eerwegtweg

DocToxic wrote: »
    hey guys i got that email to but never got the claims form can someone send it on to me or is it case specific

quote from the email I got from them:
    Reservations may still be canceled even after receiving confirmation from your hotel. Travelers may seek a refund by submitting this form http://intranet.1800hotels.com/1800HOTELS_Claim.pdf to the bankruptcy court in Florida. Please send the attached form to:

The Federal Bankruptcy Court for the 11th Circuit
    801 N. Florida Avenue
    Tampa, Florida 33602
    Name of Debtor: 1800hotels4U, LLC
    Middle District of Florida
    Case Number: 10-bk-16648-CED

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I just got the email i booked mine in April so presume its cancelled. I booked it with laser did somebody say you cant get a refund if you booked it was Laser. also whats the best way to get a refund i done have the time right now to look at the form to send off but it looks very confusing, is this the only way to get a refund uh.
    Incy Wincy wrote: »
    I am also a laser customer.....can I complete one of these forms....have been on hols and got the devastating news when I arrived which was Sunday July 11th to be exact...hotel did accommodate me TG but I am still out of pocket.....what are our options? are laser people screwed or is there any comeback at all?

Note that nobody has got a 'refund' yet. Credit Card Companies are funding this out of their own pockets. Insurance companies too. I presume they will be filling out this form too for the customers that they have reimbursed.
    If you booked with Laser the only opportunity to get some money back is by sending off the form yourself. I doubt we will get the full amount back. It will a pro rata amount depending on how much assets they have.

The form looks like a nightmare to fill out. If anyone out there has any advice would be much appreciated! For starters we have to fill in a dollar amount rather than a euro amount. Should we convert the euro amount to $ or scribble out the dollar and put in euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Can anybody who knows how to fill out the form give any help i cant understand how to fill it out at all. How are ordinary people meant to be able to understand that its disgraceful. Also i presume theirs no chance of Air Lingus refunding for the flight anyway.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Also i presume theirs no chance of Air Lingus refunding for the flight anyway.

What flight? Did you not go on your trip because you lost your hotel booking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

eerwegtweg wrote: »
    Note that nobody has got a 'refund' yet. Credit Card Companies are funding this out of their own pockets. Insurance companies too. I presume they will be filling out this form too for the customers that they have reimbursed.
    If you booked with Laser the only opportunity to get some money back is by sending off the form yourself. I doubt we will get the full amount back. It will a pro rata amount depending on how much assets they have.

The form looks like a nightmare to fill out. If anyone out there has any advice would be much appreciated! For starters we have to fill in a dollar amount rather than a euro amount. Should we convert the euro amount to $ or scribble out the dollar and put in euro?

1. AMOUNT OF CLAIM: I converted the Euro amount using xe.com and I also wrote in the Euro amount in brackets.
    2. BASIS OF CLAIM: I entered : Hotel room sold.
    3. LAST 4 DIGITS: It asks for the last 4 digits of a number that the debtor uses to recognise the creditor...I used the last 4 digits of my hotel confirmation number.
    4. SECURED CLAIM: I see it as an unsecured amount and therefore entered the amount in US$ in the Amount Unsecured section.

Sending mine off today, fingers crossed :(

Advertisement