Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1800hotels.ie - what's happening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sarahsliver

Hi Guys,
    Has anyone gotten a refund from AIB CC i put in all my details on 5th of August and not a peep from them since, does anyone know if legally they must refund you?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I filled mine out exactly the same and sent it yesterday :)

Thanks for the info
    1. AMOUNT OF CLAIM: I converted the Euro amount using xe.com and I also wrote in the Euro amount in brackets.
    2. BASIS OF CLAIM: I entered : Hotel room sold.
    3. LAST 4 DIGITS: It asks for the last 4 digits of a number that the debtor uses to recognise the creditor...I used the last 4 digits of my hotel confirmation number.
    4. SECURED CLAIM: I see it as an unsecured amount and therefore entered the amount in US$ in the Amount Unsecured section.

Sending mine off today, fingers crossed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Hi Guys,
    Has anyone gotten a refund from AIB CC i put in all my details on 5th of August and not a peep from them since, does anyone know if legally they must refund you?:confused:
    I just rang AIB CC there now. They say it will take 6 weeks to process, which is fair enough. I have to send them a covering letter with hard copies of hotel vouchers, invoices, e-mails etc.

I don't mind how long it takes, as I'm presuming they will sort it.

It sounds like one big sorry mess.

I'm very careful which website I use now. I re-made my hotel booking directly with the hotel website, though it is costing me more than when I originally booked in February. I have received confirmation from the hotel that everything is OK.

I prefer that, as at least I should be OK when I arrive at the hotel.

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Do people think its better to contact your bank directly or is it anything to do with them i booked the room on my AIB laser card. Or should i send off the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If it's Laser, there is nothing the bank can do. You'll have to send off the form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Gon10

Sent my details in to AIB 20th July told at the time it would take at least 30 days to process have'nt heard a thing since

I rang AIb today they said they recieved all the information required but they have a huge backlog of 1800hotel customers requiring chargeback so they will get to me as soon as possible. My only problem is why are BOI able to refund people pretty much immediately why can't AIB? Will AIB try to wriggle out of refunding customers as i haven't heard from one AIB customer that has recieved a refund which kind of worrying! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jefar

I have sent them all the required paperwork (booking, cancellation, request) on their request to refund my money. I contacted them after a two weeks they told me I have to wait 30 days for their reply in writing. I have contacted them today again and lady told me they will contact me in up to 40 days which is tomorrow. So I asked them if I can expect the answer to be sent tomorrow and then she said that it will take 40 days or more!! No comment on that.

I see that somebody here was told to wait 6 weeks. I am contacting financial regulator and financial ombudsman if they wont show good will this week. I am entitled to refund especially that some of the AIB customers here had got refund. On what grounds they are treating customers differently??

Chargebacks unfortunately do take time. Banks are dependant not only on a) their own workload but b) response from the bank involved on the other side. As they have now undoubtedly been flooded with chargeback requests, it could take quite some time to see them processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Elaine08

i sent all the information into PTSB visa on 21 july and had the refund within 5 days :D hope everyone gets sorted

• Advertisement

I rang the AIB hotline but the told me to go into my local bank i presume since i booked it on laser theirs no point even contacting them?

BuffyBot wrote: »
    If it's Laser, there is nothing the bank can do. You'll have to send off the form

See above :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 willie.c

Is everybody else getting emais from 1800 with a load of attachments?
    What does all the gobblygook mean, IM TOTALLY CONFUSED BY IT ALL.:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10 caled

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I rang the AIB hotline but the told me to go into my local bank i presume since i booked it on laser theirs no point even contacting them?
    i rang my local bank they went away and checked if they could do but came back and said no refund as it was a laser card
    have sent forms to usa keep getting emails from 1800hotels with loads of attachments.
    just have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

If you book with a credit card you dont need to fill out this form. It took about 10 working days to get my refund from BOI Visa

that is where my mastercard is from, hopefully they are as quick with my application for a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smithey

My cc is mastercard and is with BOI and i couldnt say a better word about them. They were so quick and efficient and had my refund to me in 10days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jefar

After few phone calls it ended up positively for me. Thanks AIB :D

Got refunded from AIB today thank crunchie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 newgirl1981

Ulster Bank were quite quick with their refund too - within 2 weeks. Luckily we booked by cc otherwise wouldve lost up on 1500e :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭eireyiddo

can some1 help me please. I paid with my Ulster Bank Visa/Debit card.

1 - Has any1 been reimbursed on a visa/debit
    2 - I have received a form to fill in from Visa/Debit issued to me by my bank. One of the questions on the form is

14) Is the retailer bonded by ABTA/ATOL/CAA? Yes/No

If yes, please provide a copy of your letter from the relevant bonding authority instructing you to make a claim from your credit card company along with the completed claim form. Details can be obtained direct from ABTA/ATOL/CAA or from their respective websites.

Could someone kind enough out there please shed any light on what I put down for this

Thanks alot and here to hoping I get my 1000 euro back!!!

• Advertisement

I filled it out and got my stamp. Where do you send it, do you just write middle district of florida court? and has anybody heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 caled

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I filled it out and got my stamp. Where do you send it, do you just write middle district of florida court? and has anybody heard anything back yet?
    YOU HAVE TO SEND ALL FORMS TO THE CLAIMS PROCESSING CENTER AT THE FOLLOWING ADRESS
    1800HOTELS CLAIMS PROCESSING CENTER
    C/O KURTZMAN CARSON CONSULTANTS LLC
    2335 ALASKA AVENUE
    EL SEGUNDO, CA90245
    USA

ALL CLAIMS HAVE TO BE IN BEFORE 27/09/2010

IF YOU HAVE SENT THIS CLAIM IN ALREADY TO THE COURTS IN FLORIDA THEY WILL PASS IT ON FOR YOU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Andypandy2

Just returned from Barcelona after what could have been a disastrious holiday. My family including a 9 week old baby and a mother with reduced mobility arrived at a 4 star hotel in Barcelona city centre. Firstly there is NO PARKING in Barcelona and even less for wheelchair users. Hotels often have a max height for vehicles of 2.1 meters in their underground parking and as we were travelling in a nine seater...hotel parking was of no use anyway. Eventually my husband found a car park for 25euro per and parked up - 20 mins from the hotel we were supposed to stay in. In the meantime I gave our booking details to the receptionist at the hotel and to our disbelief she informed us that our reservation was cancelled and there was nothing she could do about it. She suggested we call the web-site which we used to book the hotel. Did so ...several times but no one picking up the calls just left hanging on in a neverending loop of options. We had no choice but to gather all our bags and belongings and head out of the city where we knew we would get accomodation as the receptionist couldn't offer any rooms as she didn't have any. Neither did she try to find rooms for us in any of the sister hotels in the city of which there are many.
    A simple e-mail from 1800 Hotels informing us that our reservation had been cancelled by them would have been the right thing to do. It's hard to believe that a once reputable company could just go bankrupt and not follow up on it's responsibility to inform it's customer until they had to find out the hard way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Andypandy2 wrote: »
    Just returned from Barcelona after what could have been a disastrious holiday. My family including a 9 week old baby and a mother with reduced mobility arrived at a 4 star hotel in Barcelona city centre. Firstly there is NO PARKING in Barcelona and even less for wheelchair users. Hotels often have a max height for vehicles of 2.1 meters in their underground parking and as we were travelling in a nine seater...hotel parking was of no use anyway. Eventually my husband found a car park for 25euro per and parked up - 20 mins from the hotel we were supposed to stay in. In the meantime I gave our booking details to the receptionist at the hotel and to our disbelief she informed us that our reservation was cancelled and there was nothing she could do about it. She suggested we call the web-site which we used to book the hotel. Did so ...several times but no one picking up the calls just left hanging on in a neverending loop of options. We had no choice but to gather all our bags and belongings and head out of the city where we knew we would get accomodation as the receptionist couldn't offer any rooms as she didn't have any. Neither did she try to find rooms for us in any of the sister hotels in the city of which there are many.
    A simple e-mail from 1800 Hotels informing us that our reservation had been cancelled by them would have been the right thing to do. It's hard to believe that a once reputable company could just go bankrupt and not follow up on it's responsibility to inform it's customer until they had to find out the hard way.

It's bad to hear about your exprience but I was under the impression that everyone had, by now, received at least one email from 1800 regarding the bankruptcy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Sorry to hear about your bad experience AP2. Unlikely you are familiar with this thread otherwise you would have been forwarned, (perhaps you are not Irish as most posters here are ?) and it was well flagged on popular radio. Hopefully you will have used a credit card for the booking and if so you should have no problem getting a refund. As you will see from a lot of the posts the major credit card suppliers have refunded by now and I wish you good luck with that. No hotel who treated you they way they did deserve 4* and maybe you should take it up with their headquarters. Only visited Barca once and would agree it is not an easy city for parking or someone with reduced mobility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Andypandy2

Thanks Joeysoap. No we were not forewarned...but YES we are Irish and never heard a thing about 1800Hotels going bust.(been busy with baby stuff). Used a credit card so fingers crossed we will get our money back as I have some forms to post to credit card company in order to do so.
    We recieved not one e-mail from 1800Hotels or NH Hotels before our trip to say our booking had been cancelled so presumed all was OK with the booking. Paid in full for the 3 rooms for 2 nights so didn't think there would be any problem. Anyway no one hurt but that day in Barcelona was one I'd rather forget.
    joeysoap wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience AP2. Unlikely you are familiar with this thread otherwise you would have been forwarned, (perhaps you are not Irish as most posters here are ?) and it was well flagged on popular radio. Hopefully you will have used a credit card for the booking and if so you should have no problem getting a refund. As you will see from a lot of the posts the major credit card suppliers have refunded by now and I wish you good luck with that. No hotel who treated you they way they did deserve 4* and maybe you should take it up with their headquarters. Only visited Barca once and would agree it is not an easy city for parking or someone with reduced mobility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 1800victim

Did anyone else receive a proof of file claim receipt? I took a chance and filed my claim as priority and it seems to have been accepted as such...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Ash10

Hey everyone. Was wondering if anyone can help. Received the email a few weeks ago from 1800hotels with the 6 attachments and addressed as a creditor. However, I paid with laser so am unsure. Do I stand a chance of getting anything back? And where do i go now after receiving this email as it all seemed so confusing to me! any advice would be great thank you!:)

Did anyone else get a letter from the United States Bankruptcy Court just got it now this morning. Didnt get a chance to look through it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Snowballs777

Hey.

I got a refund of BOI matercard, a couple of weeks ago there. Then today I reveived this proof of claim form for the states. Is there any point in completing and sending this form back? Surely they would not refund me aswell as the BOI mastercard....??

Advertisement