Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any quick easy way to figure out how many amps you are using?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

hey guys, i have a problem with one of the rooms in my new house

there is only 1 wall socket in one of the rooms

unfortunately i need this room to be a sort of "IT hub" for my home business

now rather then me paying out for electricians or plug in monitors, what is the maximum number of amps i can take from a 4 socket extension strip? #

I would figure this out myself, but i have long forgotten my junior cert science classes and everywhere on the net seems to give out conflicting answers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Well if it's plugged in using a three pin plug the biggest size fuse in the plug would be a 13amp. However this depends on size and length of lead etc. Easiest way to know is to check the plugtop fuse in the lead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

nietzy wrote: »
    hey guys, i have a problem with one of the rooms in my new house

there is only 1 wall socket in one of the rooms

unfortunately i need this room to be a sort of "IT hub" for my home business

now rather then me paying out for electricians or plug in monitors, what is the maximum number of amps i can take from a 4 socket extension strip? #

I would figure this out myself, but i have long forgotten my junior cert science classes and everywhere on the net seems to give out conflicting answers.

13 amps is the max load, the extension strip will or should have a plug on it with a max fuse size of 13 amps. A fair bit of computer equipment should run off that.

Advertisement