Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best External Soundcard i/o Device?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey hey.

I'm in the market for an external soundcard as I'm picking up a pair of monitors are the end of the month.

Any recommendations, tips, guides to buying? I figure firewire is better than usb? I was looking at the ESI dualfire.. but tbh, I don't know what I should be looking for.

I have a budget for €100-€150...

Any help appreciated as always!
    -A

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I cannot rate the novation n i:o 24 highly enough!

I am in love with mine! Fantastic piece of gear!

In or around 100euro too!

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Jonathanpbk

eeloe wrote: »
    I cannot rate the novation n i:o 24 highly enough!

I am in love with mine! Fantastic piece of gear!

In or around 100euro too!

Same here!
    Love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

One thing to watch out for is compatibility issues that the souncard will work with your system i.e. compatible win windows 64bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭ArmCandyBaby

.ak wrote: »
    Any recommendations, tips, guides to buying? I figure firewire is better than usb? I was looking at the ESI dualfire.. but tbh, I don't know what I should be looking for.

I bought one of these last week because of the deal on Thomann and am having issues with dropouts (and a ground loop or something I think) on a Dell Inspiron. I don't know much about all this USB/Firewire stuff so can't really give advice but do a thorough search on every aspect (your computer/the ports on your computer/the interface etc.) and you'll see loads of forum posts (from gearslutz etc.) from people who've had issues and if nothing comes up you should be ok.

Advertisement