Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disused quarry in Murroe?

• 12-07-2010 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was told of a disused quarry out in the Murroe area but I have forgotten the directions already. Could somebody give me directions from the limerick city area?

Thanks,
    Ronan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

you'd need more details than that :D
    The country is covered in disused quarries.
    A context might be a help??
    Are you going dumping some old fridges and tyres or something? :D

A Country Voice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Haha I didn't think Murroe would have too many though!! Point taken though :)

I'm into trail riding and off-road biking and was recommended this spot to get to grips with my new bike :)

whats the optimum kind of terrain, forest roadway type stuff? or off road type stuff? would a disused quarry be better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

well the real thick boggy off road stuff is quite tough to begin on and i have some good spots for that already without wrecking the surroundings.

Forest roadways etc are good fun, but the disused quarrys can provide a good middleground if ya get me. not so boggy but still challenging.

Always open to suggestions for locations in all types of terrain though

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

There's a disused quarry 2 minutes up the road from me outside Murroe. From the city you go out towards Annacotty on the Dublin Road and take the first right after Annacotty (before Finnigans.) You keep going out that road for about 3 kilometers, over Barringtons bridge. You will eventually see a graveyard on the right and after that you will come to a left turn. Don't take this, go straight and you will shortly come to the quarry on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 garmac

A country voice.......
    Would there be any chance you could PM me directions too?
    Thanks

Advertisement