Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Please! Faulty 128mb NVIDIA Geforce 8300gs Video Card (DELL Inspiron 530S)

Options
  • 12-07-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 530s(Slim) Desktop that is out of warranty(2.5years old). It appears the above graphics/video card is banjaxed - I have tried everything including updating, uninstalling & reinstalling the driver but to no avail.
    (Research has lead me to believe that there has been a major problem with these cards).

Anyway, I was hoping someone might be able to help with:
    1. has anyone else had the same problem with their Inspiron 530s & if so, how did they resolve it because the desktop is the SLIM model, it will only take "half height" video cards?
    2. Where does one find a suitable replacement card that will fit into the slim desktop?

Thanks in advace:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

lol...if only I could bake like that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I'm pretty sure I have one lying around my house somewhere. Got about a month of use in its life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

All online retailers carry low profile cards - some are full height brackets though, and not all actually come with the low profile plate - just make sure the one you're buying comes with a half size plate as well in the box. Shouldn't cost more than 30-ish euro for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭rco2000

All online retailers carry low profile cards - some are full height brackets though, and not all actually come with the low profile plate - just make sure the one you're buying comes with a half size plate as well in the box. Shouldn't cost more than 30-ish euro for a new one.

Thanks for that advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement