Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp my Rifle thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Some nice pimp'd AR 15 wood stocks.
    IMG_0201_800x329.jpg

IMG_0187_800x258.jpg

camoscp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

That looks like the sort of thing you'd get if Blaser got into that sort of area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭tiny-nioclas

clivej wrote: »
    Tiny Nioclas give me a call anytime to talk or get info.

I used the Devcon 10110 steel putty as do a lot of the american shooters. I could not get any over here or the UK, a friend from boards.ie got some in the US for me.

Thanks Clive, appreciate that! I see devcon 10611 aluminum putty 500g for sale on e bay in England now, would that be any good do you know? Or should i stay tracking down the titanium stuff? The Boyds stock was sent today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

Anyone else have a 10/22? This could be so much fun, if only for a while, or making some noise. However, looks to be illegal on a few fronts. Don't think the 10 round mags here would be much fun.
    fa0fd682df42b032510b5e295efe87ed.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Finally got my 20" Semi Pimped !
    VTR Zero'd

I fired 4 shots with Hornady 155grain Soft Nose.
    Then I fired 3 shots 155grain hornady Tap.

Why anyone wants soft nose :D
    I'd take accuracy any day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Slug chucker

The Boyds only came to $122 including shipping to Ireland, impressive!

Nice one, CliveJ did a nice job alright, smooth operator! Is devcon titanium putty sold in Ireland do you know?

Devcon is available from Radionics:
    http://radionics.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=0691139
    It ain't cheap, but it can be machined so it's a very handy thing to have around. I't a green'ish colour when set as far as I remember.
    They do loads of other interesting epoxy's as well for similar types of jobs.
    Cheers,
    Slug Chucker

Nice one a chara, got 500g titanium, 68euro delivered, saucy enough :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Has anybody done any DIY Pimping on their rifles?

Spraying etc

Yep.... duracoated several rifles.... several more to do just gettin time/money to do em.

Saber defence XR41... refinished in Duracoat HK Black.

Origional Saber Defence finish was rubbish and melted off.

Ive since gotten rid of her and bought an enfield G3... when ive it done ill post pics of me parkerising/duracoating after recowning the barrel.

Ive added a pic of an airsoft rifle that I did for ****s and giggles.. it was origionally black.

Ive also added pics of pimped SA R4 that I modified to accept Galil wooden hand guard. Ill be parkerising and re finishing the R4 as well...

Ohhh...so much to do .. so little time/money :(

Got the stock in the post on friday, only 7 days to Ireland! Fits perfect besides a tiny bit of work ive to do on the mag hatch, Ive got ruger M77 m2 made to fit stainless pillars on the way from midway and got the devcon during the week, Operation Ruger destruction begns next week :D

Got the stock in the post on friday, only 7 days to Ireland! Fits perfect besides a tiny bit of work ive to do on the mag hatch, Ive got ruger M77 m2 made to fit stainless pillars on the way from midway and got the devcon during the week, Operation Ruger destruction begns next week :D

I love it when a plan comes together :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

looks great, where did you buy it from, how much

jap gt wrote: »
    looks great, where did you buy it from, how much

Cheers, i got it here,

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/ROSS-FT-RUGER-77-MKII-p/400-069-ft.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Deise Musashi

Well Tiny lad!

Make sure you use a torque driver to put the action back in the stock. You want it held as it is from the factory, just tightening the boll_ix out of her can do weird things to the stresses in the barreled action.

Look forward to seeing what you do with her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

I have kind of ''de-pimped'' my .223 slightly:D
    I had an A.I. stage 2 stock on it, fantastic to look at, play with but way too heavy for varminting purposes.
    I replaced the A.I. with a precision stock that John Greene kindly fettled and guess what... im getting the same groups and the bunnies n foxs are still deaddd but its a dam sight lighter
    went from this:
    photo6.jpg

to this:
    photo1-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg

Shelin 20" 6rifle barrel 1:12
    blueprinted Remmy 700 action
    Tactical bolt handle
    6.5-20x56 MK4 Leopold, military spec. Tactical rect.
    Nightforce mounts
    Timminy trigger. Custom break / Ultra Aze Jet-z compact
    Harris Bipod.

I put the stage 2 A.I. on my .308 and now have a stage 1.5 (fixed stock) for a remmy 700 going spare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I have kind of ''de-pimped'' my .223 slightly:D
    I had an A.I. stage 2 stock on it, fantastic to look at, play with but way too heavy for varminting purposes.
    I replaced the A.I. with a precision stock that John Greene kindly fettled and guess what... im getting the same groups and the bunnies n foxs are still deaddd but its a dam sight lighter
    went from this:
    photo6.jpg

to this:
    photo1-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg

Shelin 20" 6rifle barrel 1:12
    blueprinted Remmy 700 action
    Tactical bolt handle
    6.5-20x56 MK4 Leopold, military spec. Tactical rect.
    Nightforce mounts
    Timminy trigger. Custom break / Ultra Aze Jet-z compact
    Harris Bipod.

I put the stage 2 A.I. on my .308 and now have a stage 1.5 (fixed stock) for a remmy 700 going spare.

Looking good mate...nice stock...
    The left overs from last nights dinner look good too:D Is that chicken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

dwighet wrote: »
    Looking good mate...nice stock...
    The left overs from last nights dinner look good too:D Is that chicken?

Sure is ...and if only my wife was as dirty as that bloody worktop:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Thought I'd add this here. Was having trouble with the grouping of my Steyr Mannlicher 6.5 and figure it to be the flexible forend touching off the barrel.

Drilled holes in the slots either side and inserted some stainless steel rods in all the way through to the slot for the recoil lug. Then I bedded the action and filled the slots in the forend.

Seems to have worked real well, all much stronger and snugger fit, just need to give it a crack now !!
    122182.JPG

122183.JPG

Sweet, thats tidy work man, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

tfox wrote: »
    Thought I'd add this here. Was having trouble with the grouping of my Steyr Mannlicher 6.5 and figure it to be the flexible forend touching off the barrel.

Drilled holes in the slots either side and inserted some stainless steel rods in all the way through to the slot for the recoil lug. Then I bedded the action and filled the slots in the forend.

Seems to have worked real well, all much stronger and snugger fit, just need to give it a crack now !!
    122182.JPG

122183.JPG

Thats actually not the first time ive Heard of that happenin with a Steyr. Is your rifle new ?

The person it happened to is actually on boards so ill let em fill you in in details :)

Rifle is bout 2 years old !

• Advertisement

Rifle is bout 2 years old !

The first time I saw a prohunter in the shop I noticed teh foreend flexed a lot more than it should.
    That was ~2 years ago.

I will have to try this reinforcement craic on my VTR as I have her free floating now, but she can touch if put under pressure.

Eventually got round to putting some holes in paper today. 3 above the red dot are at 100yds, 2 below are at 150. Firing 140gr federal fusion.

Few stray one's on the left was the girlfriend having a go, not bad for her first time shooting a rifle :)

Eventually got round to putting some holes in paper today. 3 above the red dot are at 100yds, 2 below are at 150. Firing 140gr federal fusion.

Few stray one's on the left was the girlfriend having a go, not bad for her first time shooting a rifle :)

Did you give Hornady a go never?

I'd reckon you are happy with the bedding job!

Very happy :D

HUGE difference, was barely keeping in 4 inches before !!

Had a box of hornadys but wasted them when the barrel was dancing off the stock !! Will try and get another box and give them a go now its shooting straight !!

Very happy :D

HUGE difference, was barely keeping in 4 inches before !!

Had a box of hornadys but wasted them when the barrel was dancing off the stock !! Will try and get another box and give them a go now its shooting straight !!

I put it to you Sir, That Pollard will have a small bunny Population this year :D

Deffo get hornady, i know I am a Hornady Whore, But they are the best .223 Ammmo available in the rep.

i hear lakelands has some, south of Mullingar n-52, dalystown

Called into Lakeland yesterday, only federal or remington, Niall wasn't there only the old boy so I'll give him a call on tuesday.

Federal have brought out a 123gr so would be interested in giving these a go too !!

As for bunnies I have shot a few with the 6.5 but tbh the price of a round I wouldnt bother when can get 6 .17HMR for the price of one 6.5 !!

Not too plentiful round us, in a few spots but nothing like it was 5 yrs ago so tend to leave them alone and let them breed a bit !! Unless I'm feeling peckish though ;)

Called into Lakeland yesterday, only federal or remington, Niall wasn't there only the old boy so I'll give him a call on tuesday.

Federal have brought out a 123gr so would be interested in giving these a go too !!

As for bunnies I have shot a few with the 6.5 but tbh the price of a round I wouldnt bother when can get 6 .17HMR for the price of one 6.5 !!

Not too plentiful round us, in a few spots but nothing like it was 5 yrs ago so tend to leave them alone and let them breed a bit !! Unless I'm feeling peckish though ;)

Collinstown used to be the place to be!

I live down the pollard end of lough lene, few round here, few round Collinstown too but Fore is the place to be !!

Not really fussed on bunneis while there numbers are low, reckon i let them breed a bit and get them with the lurcher later in the year, much more fun :D

I live down the pollard end of lough lene, few round here, few round Collinstown too but Fore is the place to be !!

Not really fussed on bunneis while there numbers are low, reckon i let them breed a bit and get them with the lurcher later in the year, much more fun :D

The monastery built upon the bog.
    The mill without a race (Lough Lene water flows from the hill).
    The water that flows uphill.
    The tree that has three branches/the tree that won’t burn.
    The water that doesn’t boil.
    The anchorite in a cell
    The lintel-stone raised by St. Fechin’s prayers.

And The only bunnies in west meath !

You should try the Rosemount Side of dodge :D

• Advertisement

I think you've spent too much time in the " Seven Wonders of Fore " pub looking at the pictures behind the bar :D

I was trying to remember them all today and only got 6, forgot the anchorite in the cell :rolleyes: Had to call into the pub on way back from the game fair to check them out to make sure ;)

Advertisement