Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp my Rifle thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

tfox wrote: »
    I think you've spent too much time in the " Seven Wonders of Fore " pub looking at the pictures behind the bar :D

I was trying to remember them all today and only got 6, forgot the anchorite in the cell :rolleyes: Had to call into the pub on way back from the game fair to check them out to make sure ;)

For was only ever famous for me for Road racing !

I do remember a lot of rabbits around Coole and Cooleamber if I am spelling it right!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Yeah my Dad lives in Coole. Again all these places were once rife with rabbis but are now pretty thin on the ground I'm afraid :mad: Breeding like rabbits my a*** !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

...............Deffo get hornady, i know I am a Hornady Whore, But they are the best .223 Ammmo available in the rep.......

While I admit to being a Hornady fan, while I was still slightly uneducated in the ways of calibres :P, and had a .223, I found Remmington Accutip to be even more accurate than Hornady :eek: BUT they were €36 per box when Hornady were €23 per box :(

In 6.5 I can get Federals and Remmingtons at €35, Hornadys are €40 !!

In 6.5 I can get Federals and Remmingtons at €35, Hornadys are €40 !!

I paid €43 for my last hornady TAP 155 Grain .308.
    I was Turned off by 6.5 as the Norma ammo I used was Waaaay to expensive. I was using Federal for a while, but I prefer Hornady

I'm trying some of Intershoots ammo next.
    It's coming in Slightly cheaper than €40 a box!;);) Every so Slightly:D:D

I find the PIMPED Rifles work best with Ballistic tipped stuff.

If you scroll back to earlier posts in this thread you can see the difference I had with Hornady TAP and Soft points in teh same rifle, same day, same range

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭patsat

ejg wrote: »

Light tactical rifle, Barrel thicker than a varmint not carbon...
    but the complete rifles only weighs 2.9kg.
    edi
    Picture544.jpg

Any more info on this edi? How does it shoot, barrell life etc. Is it your own creation?

I paid €43 for my last hornady TAP 155 Grain .308.
    I was Turned off by 6.5 as the Norma ammo I used was Waaaay to expensive. I was using Federal for a while, but I prefer Hornady

I'm trying some of Intershoots ammo next.
    It's coming in Slightly cheaper than €40 a box!;);) Every so Slightly:D:D

I find the PIMPED Rifles work best with Ballistic tipped stuff.

If you scroll back to earlier posts in this thread you can see the difference I had with Hornady TAP and Soft points in teh same rifle, same day, same range

Where did you get the extra big 2c coin :p

What range was that at ...? I be happy with either, there both dead deer :D Havn't had much experience with ballistic tip on deer so dont know how it behaves inside etc.....

Have used them with the .17HMR and works wonders on the bunnies and reynards ;)

Where did you get the extra big 2c coin :p

What range was that at ...? I be happy with either, there both dead deer :D Havn't had much experience with ballistic tip on deer so dont know how it behaves inside etc.....

Have used them with the .17HMR and works wonders on the bunnies and reynards ;)

2cent is 2 cent!

Most of the pics I use 1 cent!!

2cent is 2 cent!

Most of the pics I use 1 cent!!

:D impressive ;) What range was it at ?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

patsat wrote: »
    Any more info on this edi? How does it shoot, barrell life etc. Is it your own creation?

Patsat,
    I think Pete lincoln is using this rifle as his hunting rifle.
    Must actually ask him how he fixed a mod to it, as this barrel has a bolt holding on the aluminium sleeve.
    This was an experimental Lothar Walther Aluminium sleeved barrel, lightened Howa action in our PSE stock.
    Reports are very good so far. Driven game been shot and second place in a target comp. the rifle is in 260 rem, so I presume it'll take a while until we hear about barrel wear.

edi
    (sitting on a Yacht in the canaries) he he

• Advertisement

:D impressive ;) What range was it at ?

The 1 cent's and 2 cents are @100

I'll do more grouping when I get more ammo. I want to try 600 for the craic at MNSCI

Just to see, I appreciate 55grains may be waaay to light, but for my own benefit I'll fire at paper.

I'm very low on ammo at the mo so I am using it all on Bunnies.

I have ammo coming in the next week or so!

Can you go down to MNSCI and pay a day fee as a non member or do you have to join....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭BELOWaverageIQ

Can you go down to MNSCI and pay a day fee as a non member or do you have to join....?

No but you can be invited in and accompanied by a member at he weekend

No but you can be invited in and accompanied by a member at he weekend

Plenty of lads have brought non members in.
    Quite often fellas join as a result!
    :D
    TFOX many lads from Pollard Direction whom I'm sure would sign you in!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

FISMA wrote: »
    Pimp'n ain't easy...
    zeiss_sam_riflescope.jpg[IMG][/img]
    That is muthaf**king sweeeet :D
    Here's what I did to mine!
    That's cool - nearly an entirely new gun.

=-=

Has anyone pimped out their guns using the nick-nacks from the Gun Mounts & Accessories section in dealextreme.com? I'd say half of the stuff is not kosher with our laws, though.

Me, I'm just a lurker here. Newest toy has been a DSLR. Not planning on getting a gun until I get my own house, and not getting my own house for a decade or two, so I'll be lurking here for a while yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

Hi all.

Anyone know where I could get a thumb hole stock for a CZ .22 wmr? All this talk of pimping has got me thinking!! Either a link or details of a dealer in Ireland would be great.

John Greene had some in stock or this crowd

http://www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.co.uk/contact.shtml

;)

Cheers Bunny.

I like the look of this one :D
    http://www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.co.uk/files/files/tactical%20stock.jpg

I'll get onto John Greene in the next day or two and see what he has.

Do the make for a better fitting rifle? Improved accuracy?

pajero2005 wrote: »
    Cheers Bunny.

I like the look of this one :D
    http://www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.co.uk/files/files/tactical%20stock.jpg

I'll get onto John Greene in the next day or two and see what he has.

Do the make for a better fitting rifle? Improved accuracy?

John is/was stocking those very stocks ;)

I had one on my CZ and it was brilliant BUT a bit on the heavy side :cool: (sold rifle & stock as I've acquired a Sako Finnfire :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:)

John is/was stocking those very stocks ;)

I had one on my CZ and it was brilliant BUT a bit on the heavy side :cool: (sold rifle & stock as I've acquired a Sako Finnfire :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:)

I wouldn't mind too much about the extra weight (apart from when I'm shooting off the shoulder) Rifle isn't too heavy at the moment. Is there adjustable butt plate / cheek piece on those stocks?

Would you have a contact number for John Greene?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

John Greene had some in stock or this crowd

http://www.staffs-synthetic-stocks.co.uk/contact.shtml

;)

how much does it cost to get your face painted :P

pajero2005 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind too much about the extra weight (apart from when I'm shooting off the shoulder) Rifle isn't too heavy at the moment. Is there adjustable butt plate / cheek piece on those stocks?

Would you have a contact number for John Greene?

It not too bad even off the shoulder. Butt plate is adjustable, no cheek piece though.

I don't have a number for John :o

jwshooter wrote: »
    how much does it cost to get your face painted :P

Depends on type of paint chosen, size of your face and what ya want painted on it :p

It not too bad even off the shoulder. Butt plate is adjustable, no cheek piece though.

I don't have a number for John :o

No worries. I'm sure someone on here will have it. (pm me if ye do) Thanks again Bunny. Now to sweet talk the missus into letting me splash out!

Just remembered the details are here ;)

Just remembered the details are here ;)

Nice one. Cheers Bunny. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭medicman

Hi there, just a question that you pimped up rifle owners out there can help me out with, if i was to PIMP my rifle, Tikka T3 Lite .270, who would I go to? Want to make it lighter, change trigger, change scope mounts etc.

thanks all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭rugerman

j greene is ur man 4 that job

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

medicman wrote: »
    ............., who would I go to? Want to make it lighter, change trigger, change scope mounts etc.

thanks all.

I would hazard a guess that most of it could be done "DIY".

A new trigger kit could be bought and installed yourself, as with the mounts and rail.

A new stock also bought by yourself. ejg on here does a good selection of very light weight stocks. By all accounts sturdy and very strong. If timber is your thing try Enda Welsh of www.gunstocksireland.com .

You may need a riflesmith for the bedding of the stock, and also if you want a new barrel fitted.

Fergal White - www.irelandcustomrifle.com - also does excellent work.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

I'm getting my Timney fitted tomorrow eve on my .308

Hopefully the weather will hold out to let me Zero her.

Then see if Semi pimped will bash a few bunnies

Advertisement