Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shelving for garden shed?

• 12-07-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭

My garden shed is like a bomb site, really needs some shelving to tidy up the mess. Rough size would be 2.5x0.8x2 (lxbxh), preferably an adjustable free-standing metal frame that I could lay timber over to make the shelves.

Any ideas where I might pick this up cheaply? Previous threads mentioned BiGDUG which looks good, and local alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

have you looked in the buy and sell, there is also some advertised on donedeal.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

buy some 8x4 sheets and make up your own, i made storage units rather than shelves, made them outside shed, carried em in as a unit, and secured to shed

huge amount of storage ! if your shed is damp you may need to use wbp, if it's dry, 8x4 regular ply or chip board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Shuttering grade ply is pretty cheap too and makes a good strong shelf material, far better than chipboard and won't sag either (within reason!).

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭decskelligs

They have metal shelves in argos at the moment in the new catalogue try there

Advertisement