Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Final Deserters!

• 12-07-2010 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

To all ye 'Supporters' who left the game early on Sunday

hang ye're heads in shame:mad:

Couldn't believe people getting up to go with four minutes

still to be played!

Stay at home for the replay!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Well SOME people really had to piss and get back to the car before the rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

still to be played!

You tell them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

still to be played!

I agree..... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

yeah its a disgrace.. how dare they leave four mins early....
    who do they think they are....
    blaaa blaa blaaa....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

This has happened before with Waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I think the more pressing question is where are all these "supporters" who stay back the 4 minutes during the league.

Now, I don't go to any games so I'm not on a high horse or anything but the bandwagon jumping in Waterford hurling actually astonds me.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

For all those people that left during "INSERT GREAT MOVIE TITLE HERE" hang your heads in shame, call yourself movie fans etc etc etc

Who cares, these people likely wanted to beat the rush for the car park, food, bus, Taxi etc etc

Dum_Dum wrote: »
    This has happened before with Waterford.

happens with a lot of teams, a lot of people older and people with kids dont like the rush of thousands of people squeezing out the gates...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

Shure ain't deserting your team a hangin' offence these daze?
    Maybe David Fitz shoulda kept Bernard Dunne outta the dressing room & on the turnstiles @ full-time. That would be a royal rumble worth seeing.

Talking of ppl leaving games early how did most of the Deise support just evaporate into thin air @ half time @ Croke Park in September 2008?? And that on their biggest day out in 50 years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

still to be played!

Crap like this from so-called "real" supporters doesn't endear the sport to others. It's none of your damn business what they do. You have no right to make demands. This attitude is not needed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Shure ain't deserting your team a hangin' offence these daze?
    Maybe David Fitz shoulda kept Bernard Dunne outta the dressing room & on the turnstiles @ full-time. That would be a royal rumble worth seeing.

Talking of ppl leaving games early how did most of the Deise support just evaporate into thin air @ half time @ Croke Park in September 2008?? And that on their biggest day out in 50 years?

Back in your box Joey. Your talking through your anus!

Also FYP! days ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

still to be played!

home is the best option cork will run riot and hammer the deise sat nite........:pac:

When is the replay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

7pm Saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

robtri wrote: »
    happens with a lot of teams, a lot of people older and people with kids dont like the rush of thousands of people squeezing out the gates...

True!

I think SillyMcCarthy is just trying to prove how much of a "true" supporter he is. Go away will ya, People can come and go as they please, Its none of your buisness! And people can go to whatever match they want any time of the year they want!!

michellie wrote: »
    True!

I think SillyMcCarthy is just trying to prove how much of a "true" supporter he is. Go away will ya, People can come and go as they please, Its none of your buisness! And people can go to whatever match they want any time of the year they want!!

But of course they can,

However, is that fair on people who go to games and can't get tickets to finals or semis because "supporters" have a bit of pull and only come out for 1 or 2 games

I know a guy, real old coot. Remembers the good old days but I would say goes to 80-90% of Waterford games and never misses a Gaa game that Kilmac are involved in. Back in''07 couldn't get a ticket for the final with paying through the nose he ironically spends all his money going to other games.

I do see why people like that chap can't go to a final because of bandwagon supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The one that always confuses me,especially in thurles, is passing the people getting into their cars that are about a 45 minute walk from the grounds when the game is only over 15 minutes :confused:
    Many years of match going have created the perfect game plan & parking spot for semple stadium.Always there to the end and on the road within 15 minutes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Surely thats the GAA's fault for their ticket distribution, if that man is a member of a club I wouldnt've thought he'd have a problem , unless he was in a draw for tickets and missed out

as for people leaving early, what can you do, people have things to do/places to be/different circumstances.... or just want to get home...any way its up to them , they paid their money, I'm sure you have bigger things in your life to worry about (like next weeks game ;))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i didn't notice that many leaving before the finish where i was. i suppose people wanted to get back for the world cup final.

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Surely thats the GAA's fault for their ticket distribution, if that man is a member of a club I wouldnt've thought he'd have a problem , unless he was in a draw for tickets and missed out

as for people leaving early, what can you do, people have things to do/places to be/different circumstances.... or just want to get home...any way its up to them , they paid their money, I'm sure you have bigger things in your life to worry about (like next weeks game ;))
    Its a lot of peoples fault.Ticketmaster at the moment, the GAAs distribution and a lot of people with pull in clubs and in the county board who like to hold onto tickets incase their "acquaintances" want them on saturday mornings.
    What I found pretty sh!tty too was the block for season tickets yesterday.This was down half way between the 21 & 45(Block 204) but saturday morning you could get tickets in block 206 & 207 off ticketmaster which would put you on the 65.
    Not surprised though since the GAA arsed up the season ticket this year after it running pretty well last year

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

still to be played!

they were probably fed up of watching the " nearly men " of hurling. worrying times for waterford when an ould fella has to save ye in the dying seconds.

tom thum wrote: »
    they were probably fed up of watching the " nearly men " of hurling. worrying times for waterford when an ould fella has to save ye in the dying seconds.
    Woooo!
    Was waiting for someone to talk through their hole in here.
    That "ould fella" is still one of the best hurlers in the country and can compete with the new generation after almost 20 years at the highest level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 pitz

I always stay in my seat and smile at the dumb asses pushing and shoving to try and be the first to get out.

After all that I get up and have a nice walk out!

Life's Wonderful, Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The one that always confuses me,especially in thurles, is passing the people getting into their cars that are about a 45 minute walk from the grounds when the game is only over 15 minutes :confused:
    Many years of match going have created the perfect game plan & parking spot for semple stadium.Always there to the end and on the road within 15 minutes :pac:

Public transport is handier I think. That said I went up by car once and was not caught getting out. Just face the car in the right direction and its fairly easy to pull out.

I have often edged my way towards the exit just before the final whistle and then sprinted for the car. 5 mins later on the road back home and back in the pub before the lads in there have even finished the pre match chat. I love Thurles! :D Looking forward to Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

what I found pretty sh!tty too was the block for season tickets yesterday.This was down half way between the 21 & 45(Block 204) but saturday morning you could get tickets in block 206 & 207 off ticketmaster which would put you on the 65.
    Not surprised though since the GAA arsed up the season ticket this year after it running pretty well last year

I was in that block too cos I have a season ticket and I thought that the season tickets where meant to be center line seats.

I wasnt too disappointed with them, the only thing was, when we were playing up the cork end terrace you couldnt see a fcuking thing cos everyone kept standing up.

When the play moved down to the Waterford Terrace after half time it wasnt too bad then.

But back on topic, people leave early for a multitude of reasons. Some people have little kids, dont want them being squashed. Older people may not like the big shuffle etc. Some people like to beat the traffic. Each to their own.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

Woooo!
    That "ould fella" is still one of the best hurlers in the country and can compete with the new generation after almost 20 years at the highest level.
    is everything i said not true?? so ur tellin me the " ould fella " will hurl for the county well into his forties?? cos like you said "he can compete with the new generation" . and , also,theres no need to be derogatory. evryone is entitled to their opinion.

tom thum wrote: »
    is everything i said not true?? so ur tellin me the " ould fella " will hurl for the county well into his forties?? cos like you said "he can compete with the new generation" . and , also,theres no need to be derogatory. evryone is entitled to their opinion.

What the hell would you expect when you go on to a thread about waterford fans on the waterford section and start slagging off Waterford hurlers? On yer bike and take yer shít stirring stick with ya!

I didn't hear anyone complaining when Brian Corcoran was pulled out of his coffin and dragged back on to the field of play, another hurling legend who was well capable of keeping up with the best of them into his later days of his career. Tony Browne will be there for another 10 years. :D

michellie wrote: »
    True!

spot on..

• Advertisement

Woooo!

whether he is or not is irrelevant...

one person does not make a team......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement