Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Final Deserters!

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

robtri wrote: »
    whether he is or not is irrelevant...

one person does not make a team......

Thats what United said about Ronaldo and now look at them!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

deisedevil wrote: »
    Tony Browne will be there for another 10 years. :D
    ha hah aha aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. thats a good one. i have to admire your sense of humour. waterford will always be the " nearly men " . even looking at mullane the other day, he scores a point , the fist goes up. wow.

sad really. cos its worse ye are getting. ye had a right chance to win the all ireland a couple of years ago and blew it. so roll on a cork victory on saturday evening. it will make for a better championship if they win. we dont want another kilkenny / waterford all ireland final bcos we will be turning off the tv sets after 20 minutes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

tom thum wrote: »
    ha hah aha aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. thats a good one. i have to admire your sense of humour. waterford will always be the " nearly men " . even looking at mullane the other day, he scores a point , the fist goes up. wow.

sad really. cos its worse ye are getting. ye had a right chance to win the all ireland a couple of years ago and blew it. so roll on a cork victory on saturday evening. it will make for a better championship if they win. we dont want another kilkenny / waterford all ireland final bcos we will be turning off the tv sets after 20 minutes.

Stop trolling. If I recall correctly, Waterford were the leading team for most of that match including at half time. And they thought the rebels would walk away with it, but the deise men were the underdogs and the "nearly men" are punching the air (similar to soccer players doing random dives into the crowd when they get a goal) with delight at being so strong, not letting go even in the dying minute when they are so far behind.

Other teams (Tipp being a good example ;)) could learn a thing or two about the deise. Age is only a number ;)

Tipp were unable to beat Kilkenny either, IIRC. I guess they threw it away also :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Of course I was joking. Looks like you found it too difficult to realise it, even though I put a :D after it and everything. Sucks to be you tbh.

And yes, we are worse off than we have been in the past, doesn't say much for Cork either, should have beaten us handy if they are going to have any prayer of an AI this year.

Have you finished now are are you going to continue with the silly insults or is there any bit of decency in you like so many other Cork fans and genuinely decent supporters of the game all over the country who can discuss GAA matters without resorting to childish insults and wind ups. (My guess is you will come back with another post full of hahas's and laughing down your nose at the less fortunates of the hurling world, it's ok though, we're used to the better hurling counties having some fans who don't have the cop on to enjoy their success without leaving the head swell too much.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Sully wrote: »

Tipp were unable to beat Kilkenny either, IIRC. I guess they threw it away also :/

If you're not Sorry , But if you are talking about All Ireland Finals.

Get real Waterford where spanked like an unwashed kid in their Final , Where as Tipp turned up and frightened the Sh1t of them only to run out of steam in the closing minutes.
    Big... BIG differences in the 2 efforts. One can hold their heads high , the other..... head down and sneak away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

Thats what United said about Ronaldo and now look at them!

hate football, so have no idea what happened :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    If you're not Sorry , But if you are talking about All Ireland Finals.

Get real Waterford where spanked like an unwashed kid in their Final , Where as Tipp turned up and frightened the Sh1t of them only to run out of steam in the closing minutes.
    Big... BIG differences in the 2 efforts. One can hold their heads high , the other..... head down and sneak away.

I'm no hurling fan really, but any team that makes it to an All-Ireland final deserves to hold their heads up high. Anything else is just nonsense.

gscully wrote: »
    I'm no hurling fan really, but any team that makes it to an All-Ireland final deserves to hold their heads up high. Anything else is just nonsense.
    Sorry to disagree with you ok Teams reaching a major final deserve some credit but than Waterford team performance against Kilkenny was a farce and they should have been embarrassed by their effort ,Hanging their heads in shame for letting down some of best and loyalist supporters . Oh to keep the record straight the Final score has nothing to do with my views ,they could have been beat by double the score and it wouldn't matter if they only had put up some sort of effort , show some spirit ,when down fighting but on that day there was none. And for that they should hang their heads IMO.

Sorry to disagree with you ok Teams reaching a major final deserve some credit but than Waterford team performance against Kilkenny was a farce and they should have been embarrassed by their effort ,Hanging their heads in shame for letting down some of best and loyalist supporters . Oh to keep the record straight the Final score has nothing to do with my views ,they could have been beat by double the score and it wouldn't matter if they only had put up some sort of effort , show some spirit ,when down fighting but on that day there was none. And for that they should hang their heads IMO.

What are you shíting on about? They were embarrased and they were as dissapointed and gutted as anyone else, more than anyone else actually because they were the ones who trained all year for it and let themselves down in the end. They came down to the quay in Waterford the next day and it was very sad to see how upset they were. First AI final in so long and they never got out of the blocks, of course they were disgusted and they did hang their heads. But who in the hell do you think you are up there on your high horse preaching? Pontification of the highest degree. (I love the Frontline guy):D

Do you really think that they went out and didn't give a crap and never bothered to put in an effort? What a pile of crap! The same team of players that bust themselves putting in an effort every year and go through some serious effort in training for very little return. Have a bit of cop on will ya!

What are you shíting on about? They were embarrased and they were as dissapointed and gutted as anyone else, more than anyone else actually because they were the ones who trained all year for it and let themselves down in the end. They came down to the quay in Waterford the next day and it was very sad to see how upset they were. First AI final in so long and they never got out of the blocks, of course they were disgusted and they did hang their heads. But who in the hell do you think you are up there on your high horse preaching? Pontification of the highest degree. (I love the Frontline guy):D

Do you really think that they went out and didn't give a crap and never bothered to put in an effort? What a pile of crap! The same team of players that bust themselves putting in an effort every year and go through some serious effort in training for very little return. Have a bit of cop on will ya!

Someone with a view , Which I'm entitled to ,Sorry if I Have the cheek to disagree with you. I Never said they didn't give a crap ,I SAID THEY'RE EFFORT WAS CRAP .ON THAT DAY THEY SHOW NO FIGHTING SPIRIT .which I stand by, And if you'd like to watch that game again and judge it on effort ,performance and fighting spirit you may see things different ,But then again rose tinted memories are alot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Someone with a view , Which I'm entitled to ,Sorry if I Have the cheek to disagree with you. I Never said they didn't give a crap ,I SAID THEY'RE EFFORT WAS CRAP .ON THAT DAY THEY SHOW NO FIGHTING SPIRIT .which I stand by, And if you'd like to watch that game again and judge it on effort ,performance and fighting spirit you may see things different ,But then again rose tinted memories are alot easier.

How about this then

GO F*CK YOURSELF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Kilkenny were simply awesome that day, no team in Ireland would have stood a chance against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

I didn't see anybody heading away early on Sunday

& as for Rockman everyteam can have a bad day as anybody who has ever played sport knows & unfortunatly for Waterford it was on such a big day & nobody could have lived with the fantastic KK performance that day. Lay off our hurlers they've done us proud down the years.

& isn't their something pathetic about people from other counties coming onto another counties thread to talk ****e .... grow up a bit.

How about this then

GO F*CK YOURSELF

1 week ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 deiseash

I got a great laugh out of the two Cork supporters beside me who left with about 5 minutes to go. I presume they thought Cork had it won... Would have enjoyed seeing their faces when they heard the news later on!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

robtri wrote: »
    hate football, so have no idea what happened :o

Ah that's sad.

We in Waterford are far more eucemenical in our love of all sports.

We are proud of our hurlers and equally proud of the fact that 2 footballers from our great city played in European Cup/Champions league finals and the fact that we provided so many players for the Irish team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Would cork have had the turnout for the hurlers on the quay that we had after the Final loss? Mr. Rebel man up there will say it was pathetic and in cork they would not accept such behaviour, but I don't think I have ever been as proud to have been a Waterford man in me hole life as that day, to see so many people come together at a very dark time, to rally behind our hurlers, who we appreciate no matter what, that's the spirit of hurling, and if that rebel up there doesn't understand that, then he simply, does not understand the wondrous sport that is Hurling.

What rose tinted glasses? READ MY POST AGAIN! Everyone in Waterford knows how bad the hurlers that day felt about what happened in that final. The players were devastated after it and knew they had embarassed themselves, left themselves down, did not come anywhere near giving a good account of themselves or show what they can truly become on the field of play and they did hang their heads in shame and some could not even fight back the tears they were that disugusted.

My point to you was that the dogs on the street know this, so what in the hell are you banging on about when you come on here preaching about how they should be embarassed of themselves and hang their heads in shame? They already did that in front of a large crowd of people on the quay the day after the final, what more do you want from them, a public stoning is it? They are amatuer sportsmen who give up a hell of a lot more than most for very little reward and when things don't work out for them when they genuinely go out to do their best then who are you to criticise them and make comments about the appropriate response from them (which they already had done)?

I watched many of that same team win two Munster finals and the first one against Tipp I would still regard that as one of the best moments of my life, I'll never forget that moment when the final whistle blew and I'll never forget the celebrations afterwards in Dungarvan with the players. I wouldn't be the type to forget the good days as soon as a bad one comes along.

My point to you was that the dogs on the street know this, so what in the hell are you banging on about when you come on here preaching about how they should be embarassed of themselves and hang their heads in shame? They already did that in front of a large crowd of people on the quay the day after the final, what more do you want from them, a public stoning is it? They are amatuer sportsmen who give up a hell of a lot more than most for very little reward and when things don't work out for them when they genuinely go out to do their best then who are you to criticise them and make comments about the appropriate response from them (which they already had done)?
    AH Please don't bring up that old chestnut , good old GAA PR, Top County players get enough rewards ,when the last time you seen one down the local dole office [ok before the tiger died]Nice jobs in the public eye with this company or that company ,trainee.dish washer etc when a minor to front man in a bank or such when a senior player , Hmmm no rewards , Next you will be telling me the GAA is a non profit group
    Nice jobs and nice cars are part of the modern package

1 week ban.
    here here!!

• Advertisement

i , along with rockman am entitled to my express my view and im very sorry indeed if it goes against what you believe Deisedevil.

angry_fox wrote: »
    Kilkenny were simply awesome that day, no team in Ireland would have stood a chance against them.
    i agree no team would have had beaten them, but if cork, tipp, or galway played them the same day , they wouldnt have gotten that much of a hiding. it just shows that when waterfords 3 or 4 hurlers dont turn up on the day, they are done for.

AH Please don't bring up that old chestnut , good old GAA PR, Top County players get enough rewards ,when the last time you seen one down the local dole office [ok before the tiger died]Nice jobs in the public eye with this company or that company ,trainee.dish washer etc when a minor to front man in a bank or such when a senior player , Hmmm no rewards , Next you will be telling me the GAA is a non profit group
    Nice jobs and nice cars are part of the modern package

Name the players on the Waterford team with the great jobs that have earnt them so much money, there's very few. How about the fringe players and those who never play, are they getting great jobs. And how long does any of their perks last for?

By the way you nicely side stepped most of my post, any chance you might get back to that or are you just out for a troll?

i , along with rockman am entitled to my express my view and im very sorry indeed if it goes against what you believe Deisedevil.

Nah, rubbish. You came on here looking to stir it a bit, looking to educate us fools here in Waterford about the level at which our hurlers are at and how silly we are to hope for better. That old crap has been dished out before and most Waterford fans are realists and we know what our limits are but we don't need the high an mighty's talking down to us and sneering about how bad things went when we played Kilkenny, that's blatently obvious FFS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

i agree no team would have had beaten them, but if cork, tipp, or galway played them the same day , they wouldnt have gotten that much of a hiding. it just shows that when waterfords 3 or 4 hurlers dont turn up on the day, they are done for.

tbf you can't say that wouldn't have happened, any 3 of them could have ran them close but anything could have happened.

Name the players on the Waterford team with the great jobs that have earnt them so much money, there's very few. How about the fringe players and those who never play, are they getting great jobs. And how long does any of their perks last for?

By the way you nicely side stepped most of my post, any chance you might get back to that or are you just out for a troll?

I Have tried to address your points in other posts ,
    This all started with a comment about Tipp and Waterford both losing finals to a Kilkenny .and I stated that you could not compare the two efforts One teams turned up and did themselves proud even in defeat the other completely bottled it , Their [Waterford] efforts were piss poor on the day that they showed no fighting spirit . Yes I agree no team would have lived with Kilkenny that day but the matter in which the Waterford team folded that day was shocking .And that as a team they should hang their heads.
    Now you have seen my comments as saying that the players didn't care or I was insulting the players and not about the standard of performance , effort and fighting spirit which they were meant. I am talking about one day one performance and nothing else If you see it as attacking the Waterford team and their efforts over the last few years I am not .Its sport and teams are judged by their results , efforts ,performances and attitude , And that day 99% team didn't turn up and give up the ghost way to quickly for my liking .
    That my views on that final which will not be changing and I just don't have much more to say to be honest ,
    As Amateur Game debate ,the modern game and the rewards good players can/may get is along way away from the game played years ago when true Amateurs graced the pitch Don't get me wrong I'm off the view that players should be reward and paid even , Its just the way the GAA PR tries to spin it that drives me nuts .Sorry just one of my pet hates

You said they should hang their heads in shame. I said they already did. And as stated already they most certainly have done and they moved on and the following year put up a great fight against Kilkenny. Give em a break, forget about that AI final, it was a one off, not a fair reflection on those players at all.

You said they should hang their heads in shame. I said they already did. And as stated already they most certainly have done and they moved on and the following year put up a great fight against Kilkenny. Give em a break, forget about that AI final, it was a one off, not a fair reflection on those players at all.

Yes I have and OK THEY DID
    .And just for the record I think they will win the replay and get to the final this Year where they will have a chance to put some of the ghosts of that day to rest , Not Saying anything about winning or losing but think they will give a performance and effort that they can be proud off .
    And when they do win or lose I 'll come back here and sing their praise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

How about this then

GO F*CK YOURSELF

im sure he knew a ban was coming for this one...... have to say i got a laugh from the blatantness of it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

why do the KK folk get on the WATERFORD CITY forum for a gaa chat .... there is a gaa section to boards.ie in the gaa section under sports and they also have their own KK section to boards.ie which they could preach to each other about how fantastically brilliant they are .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement