Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Final Deserters!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

deisedevil wrote: »
    Nah, rubbish. You came on here looking to stir it a bit, looking to educate us fools here in Waterford about the level at which our hurlers are at and how silly we are to hope for better. That old crap has been dished out before and most Waterford fans are realists and we know what our limits are but we don't need the high an mighty's talking down to us and sneering about how bad things went when we played Kilkenny, that's blatently obvious FFS!
    first of all , i dont think ye are fools in waterford. secondly , i admire the committment of every inter county player in the country. they put in a mighty effort . God knows i wouldnt do it. and , thirdly, i think you are taking this banter way too seriously. at the end of the day , whether waterford win or lose, we still have to get up for work in the mornng.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

This thread descended into a big load of **** didn't it. To the hurling messiahs that are trying to teach us about our hopeless ways, change the record.

And then to call it banter? You might want to look that up in a dictionary as you clearly haven't a clue what it means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

The thread is gone way off topic anyway. It was about people who left the match on sunday, early. Its now descended into something else.

I dont understand why people would come onto a waterford forum and critize the waterford hurling team. This should have been closed or a mod given a warning about keeping the thread on topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

sorrywhat wrote: »
    The thread is gone way off topic anyway. It was about people who left the match on sunday, early. Its now descended into something else.

I dont understand why people would come onto a waterford forum and critize the waterford hurling team. This should have been closed or a mod given a warning about keeping the thread on topic.

Far be it from me to tell a mod what to do (except maybe Ziedth ;) ), but I agree with you to a point. The poster who openly criticised the hurling team has a valid opinion, but is bordering on trolling, especially when you consider that the location under his name says 'Waterford Town'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

but you still feel the need to add to the off topic-ness yourself. :)
    Yes the thread has strayed off topic a bit , Mainly due to my posts ,but this I see as a natural development of the thread which happens the whole time A Thread will start and because of posts and views will grow and spread out .Sometimes its harmful , but sometimes its this growth that makes a thread .

I don't know if you mean outsiders i e non Waterford people or Born and Bread Blaa Cardholders either way it a Waterford forum here to discuss everything Waterford and this includes the Waterford Hurling Team , Like all subjects on these public forums there are going to be views good or bad ,right or wrong and the fact you put on a county jersey or hold a public office gives no one the right to be above discuss and criticism , Once posters stay within the guide lines and rules laid down no subject is or should be exempt.

Sorry for straying again:o just could not let the comment slide
    sorry ,again

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    This thread descended into a big load of **** didn't it. To the hurling messiahs that are trying to teach us about our hopeless ways, change the record.

And then to call it banter? You might want to look that up in a dictionary as you clearly haven't a clue what it means.
    well its banter for me, seeing how wound up ye are getting:D:D

we( the outsiders) are as entitled as the blas are, to come into a waterford forum and give our opinions on the threads there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

IV heard the game is not bein shown on tv sat , is this true?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

jo06555 wrote: »
    IV heard the game is not bein shown on tv sat , is this true?

The lads in the Gaa thread are saying RTE 2 have it anyway.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    The lads in the Gaa thread are saying RTE 2 have it anyway.

ok thanks , i didnt see it advertised so was getting worried lets hope they do have it....:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

At least they went to the game.

Judging by the low numbers from Waterford compared with Cork, at least those who did go were good loyal supporters. Id say the majority of those stayed at home werent expecting much..

Wonder will Sat be any different?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

tom thum wrote: »

Exactly! Wind up merchant.

savic04 wrote: »

Judging by the low numbers from Waterford compared with Cork, at least those who did go were good loyal supporters. Id say the majority of those stayed at home werent expecting much..

I for one had to stay at home as i do not have the money to spend on those tickets if i went i would need to pay for 3 kids and myself and misses , I fully beleived we would win and we should of too imo , so i dont agree with your quote that who ever goes are the loyal supporters ,not everyone still has a job to pay for high prices put down by gaa. Il be watching on tv sat again and il be screaming the team on just as much as i would if i was up their ,
    c`mon the deise ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

savic04 wrote: »

Am I the only one who didn't think there was an enormous difference in the numbers of supporters from each county? I reckoned it was a fairly even split in both stands. The Cork terrace was pretty full and our terrace was pretty empty but that doesn't amount to as big a differrence as I've heard some people suggesting surely?

OFF topic a bit does anyone know where eoin kellys bussines is he makes hurleys and does coaching i think , friend asked me where he is based or phone number.:confused:

OFF topic a bit does anyone know where eoin kellys bussines is he makes hurleys and does coaching i think , friend asked me where he is based or phone number.:confused:

Ah shur this thread has gone off topic all over the place anyways. :D

I never heard he was making hurleys but heard he was getting into coaching. I'd be interested to hear about the hurleys alright.

It's amazing he's not in some seriously high payed job, there was someone on here saying that Intercounty hurlers get great jobs right handy all the time, wouldn't you think an all star winning top hurler would have no bother getting a job. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

lacken business park
    lacken road
    086-3255118
    [email]ekelly@1982@live.ie[/email]

posted in last Sundays program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

deisedevil wrote: »
    Ah shur this thread has gone off topic all over the place anyways. :D

I never heard he was making hurleys but heard he was getting into coaching. I'd be interested to hear about the hurleys alright.

It's amazing he's not in some seriously high payed job, there was someone on here saying that Intercounty hurlers get great jobs right handy all the time, wouldn't you think an all star winning top hurler would have no bother getting a job. :rolleyes:

Don't forget perks and rewards
    south wrote: »
    lacken business park
    lacken road
    086-3255118
    [email]ekelly@1982@live.ie[/email]

posted in last Sundays program

HMMMMMMMM.

ps I am walking away now , please let me go pleasssseeeeee.

You are no better than a common troll then.

Eoin Kelly. if i was only allowed say what everyone else knows. thats it , from me.

• Advertisement

Eoin Kelly. if i was only allowed say what everyone else knows. thats it , from me.

Good man. You came, you spouted a pile of bile, you left. Hopefully you won't be back.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Don't forget perks and rewards

I had a relative on the Waterford panel for years. Believe me, it wasn't for the perks and rewards he was doing it and he wouldn't want to be either because he was nowhere near compensated for the time he put in. Some more high profile players can make extra money from it off their name doing opening ceremonies etc. (extra work outside of normal working hours and training hours ie more free time taken up) and well they should. But don't kid yourself thinking that players are playing for anything more than to win an AI, everything else they might get just isn't even worth it for the time and effort put in.

So whats all this about? pm me rather than say something in public , cause i for one am in the dark :D

So whats all this about? pm me rather than say something in public , cause i for one am in the dark :D
    no. ill leave it. but its always hard knowing you can get in serious trouble for telling the truth.:D:D:eek:

no. ill leave it. but its always hard knowing you can get in serious trouble for telling the truth.:D:D:eek:

Either back it up with proof or STFU!

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭deise blue

If it's the truth then you have nothing to fear.

If of course it's mere malevolent gossip then I can understand why you are reluctant to post.

Off to The Ladies Lounge with your gossip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

deise blue wrote: »
    If it's the truth then you have nothing to fear.

If of course it's mere malevolent gossip then I can understand why you are reluctant to post.

couldnt have put it better myself

not gossip. far from it. i wouldnt hve believed it only for i saw it with my own eyes.

• Advertisement

not gossip. far from it. i wouldnt hve believed it only for i saw it with my own eyes.

Work away then, your a witness, you know it to be true. Rather than hinting at something then come out with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement