Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopping Spam texts that have no number

Options
  • 12-07-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,053 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Had a look for some solutions to this but had no luck.

I am getting unsolicited/spam texts from a nightclub in the Churchtown area in Dublin, probably twice a week about their offers in the club that night. Driving me crazy.

The problem is that there is no reply to number. The text comes in simply labelled "RJS" and I can't reply "STOP" as there is no number to send it to.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi all,

Had a look for some solutions to this but had no luck.

I am getting unsolicited/spam texts from a nightclub in the Churchtown area in Dublin, probably twice a week about their offers in the club that night. Driving me crazy.

The problem is that there is no reply to number. The text comes in simply labelled "RJS" and I can't reply "STOP" as there is no number to send it to.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Get on to ComReg or RegTel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I contacted O2 and got them to remove premium texts not being received by my phone and on my phone, I have clicked block anonymous and unsolicited texts, nothing yet this week. I was having issues with smartsearch.ie.

Advertisement