Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy ovulation and pregnancy test

Options
  • 12-07-2010 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

My wife is currently looking for somewhere that she can buy good quality ovulation and pregnancy test kits at a reasonable price she is spending a fortune every month in the pharmacy.I thought someone here might have some ideas .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tcullen

Hi F115, tell your wife she can get them here www.youdreamababy.com. I use them and they are fast and reliable and very affordable compared to the chemist. Delivery is fast as they are based in Ireland. Best of luck..:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Tescos

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

another site that do really cheap ovulation and pregnancy tests is:

www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk

they are very cheap, plain packaging (i got it delivered to work, no clue on the outside what it was) quick to deliver as well. check out their bundle deals. great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

In Tesco:

Clearblue digital ovulation is currently €21.40 per pack (contains 7 tests).

http://www.clearblue.com/uk/clearblue-digital-ovulation-test.php

Clearblue digital pregnancy tests 2 pack are €12.49 per pack (contains 2 tests).

http://www.clearblue.com/uk/new-clearblue-digital-pregnancy-test-with-conception-indicator.php

Both price include a reduction of €3.50 until 3/8/10.

I checked that site out neyite and they are still more expensive than youdreamababy.com. 10miu strips are working out at 1.43 for one where as youdreamababy is 40 cent each. In Tesco you are only getting two tests for 6.00 Euro when you could buy 15 for 6.00 from the above.
    I like Clearblue but they are mad expensive for what you get. For me its all about quality and value for money these days. Oh and they shipped to my work address and it was in a brown jiffy bag. No one was the wiser and I work with all men. Happy shopping people I think I will stick with the irish site:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭f115

Thanks everyone for the advice.My wife checked out the options last night and placed a order with www.youdreamababy.com they worked out best for price and quality and they are Irish so shipping should be fast and I for one would prefer to buy from a Irish site especially when they are offering good value for money. I will let you all know how she gets on with the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Neyite wrote: »
    another site that do really cheap ovulation and pregnancy tests is:

www.accessdiagnostics.co.uk

they are very cheap, plain packaging (i got it delivered to work, no clue on the outside what it was) quick to deliver as well. check out their bundle deals. great value.

agreed never had a problem with them plus they give a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭f115

Just to let everyone know my wifes order arrived very quickly from www.youdreamababy.com discreet packaging highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭ted1

just wondering whats the need for an ovalation test? Can you not just go at it like rabbits. Stressing out with tests etc may actual end up in non success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

ted1 wrote: »
    just wondering whats the need for an ovalation test? Can you not just go at it like rabbits. Stressing out with tests etc may actual end up in non success.

Maybe not like rabbits but it is thought that "going at it" every two days is optimal, from day 7 or 8 of the cycle. My OH was keen to keep it to the two days, I convinced her that daily would be better. Worked for us.;)

• Advertisement

youdreamababy are also selling clearblue monitor stick now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ted1 wrote: »

Stress doesn't cause fertility problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Every second day for about a week or two, from a week after the last period worked for us. We bought ovulation tests but didn't bother with them in the end, wife got preggers first month trying for the first one this way, and next two were the same so we didn't need them. I read somewhere that doing it every day leads to poorer quality swimmers or something! :)
    Good luck OP!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

I don't know if this is allowed,but if you want you can send me your address and I can send you dozens of ovulation tests
    They are from Tesco and what I used, I thought I'd need loads but ended up pregnant the first month! Should have a few pregnancy tests around too, maybe 5/6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Thread is from 2010, hopefully they're sorted by now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Dolbert wrote: »
    Thread is from 2010, hopefully they're sorted by now :P

Ha! Didn't notice :)

Advertisement