Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging to account by post?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I have an account in BOI in the North but I live in Dublin. I have a Sterling cheque that I want to lodge but don't want to go all the way up. Do banks in general, accept lodgments by post? I have a lodgment book so can complete a docket to send with it. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

sitstill wrote: »
    I have an account in BOI in the North but I live in Dublin. I have a Sterling cheque that I want to lodge but don't want to go all the way up. Do banks in general, accept lodgments by post? I have a lodgment book so can complete a docket to send with it. Thanks

There's two ways of doing this A) post it directly or B) go into a branch and ask them to stick it in the internal post. I do it all the time. However in both instances it's entirely at your own risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i've done it (posted cheque with lodgement docket .. i've even sent with just a sticky note on the cheque!) to irish banks numerous times. they have the choice of lodging it or sending it back. it's easier to lodge :)

Advertisement