Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's killing my veg???

Options
  • 12-07-2010 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Help! I have a raised bed for veg, it's only in its 2nd year and last year were no problems. This year every single thing is dying the same way. The lower leaves turn brown and crispy, first around the edges until the whole leaf is dead. This slowly makes it's way up the plant. I've put in 2 lots of runner beans - all were fine until planted out. All dead. It's also killed lettuce, leaf beet and kohlrabi. There is no wilting, the leaves just go crispy. And I can't see any signs of any fungus on them.
    What would kill plants from the bottom up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

How did you fertilize your soil last autumn/winter/spring? Are you watering in hot sun or using a liquid feed on the leaves? Sounds like a deificiency maybe nitrogen.

Advertisement