Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stage 9 - Tuesday, July 13 2010, Morzine-Avoriaz - Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mloc123 wrote: »
    Anyone have a eurosport stream?

Found one: http://www.iraqgoals.tv/ch3.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Hushovd did indeed get the 6 points :D

Pineau also took the 3 points on offer for going over the Cat 4 climb

just about to tackle the First Cat 1 climb of the day and the pace has averaged 53km/hour...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Dodge wrote: »
    God I love Thos Hushovd. He's involved in a breakway with some good/great climbers to get 6 points in the Green jersey race.
    +1
    No doubt he'll stick with them till the base of the Madeleine for the other sprint bonus.:pac:

Genealogy Forum Mod

Vinokourov and Horner have attacked the peleton. I can't believe i won't get to see this stage now (that link above doesn'tt work for me)

I don't think Thosr will make it up the two cat 1 climbs with these leaders. I reckon he's done his job for the day.

The sprint was uncotested and he gave the rest of the breaka big thumbs up. Apparently he was working hard to establish the gap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

God I love Thos Hushovd. He's involved in a breakway with some good/great climbers to get 6 points in the Green jersey race. He should get over the Cat 4 climb, win the points and then let the bus take him the rest of the way...

The break so far;
    Jerome Pineau (QuickStep), Thos Hushovd (Cevelo), Jens Voigt (Saxo Bank), Cyril Gautier (Bbox), Luis Leon Sanchez (Caisse d'Epargne) , Jose Ivan Gutierrez (Caisse d'Epargne), Christophe Moreau (Caisse d'Epargne), Sandy Casar ( FdJ), Rinaldo Nocentini (AG2R), Johannes Fröhlinger (Milram), Anthony Charteau ( Bbox).

+1. It worked for Thor last year. I like to see a sprinter who can do more than just follow a train in the last 10km. Cav is already gone out the back.

That's a strong breakaway and they're taking time. It's interesting to see Voigt on the front on the break pushing it and Berghardt trying to control the gap for Evans. SaxoBank: our german is stronger than yours. Tactically it makes sense if they want to take the jersey off BMC today, Cadel will be alone even earlier than usual. If they keep at it they could force Astana into break control duty before they want it.

And now Vino's trying to get across. :eek:

I already said S. Sanchez and I'll stick with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Looks like Vino got his usual rest day top up and those cheering him on are a disgrace.

It will be interesting to see who got the usual rest day blood top up yesterday.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm coming around to the opinion that riders themselves matter as much as the parcours. A stage like today could actually encourage people to attack early, since attack in the last 2km of the last climb is useless unless you have a mountaintop finish.
    Ok, name your winner time: Vinokourov.
    (pick one, no ifs and buts)

Sanchez. Samuel, not Luis Leon.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

GO VINO!

Vino's been caught. Brajkovic and Cunego 9and others) counter attacked.

Lead group still has 2 and a half minutes on (quickly thinning) peleton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Cá bhfuil Niclás De Róiste? Im Watching TG4 so im going to use the bit of Gaeilge.

Wheres Nicholas Roche? just in case :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭Liamo08

If that other link is not working for anyone try this one:

http://atdhe.net/21084/watch-tour-de-france

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

What time (irish time) are the riders expected to arrive at the start of the final climb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

time schedules here (take an hour off for irish time

http://www.letour.fr/2010/TDF/LIVE/us/900/etape_par_etape.html

click on time shedule tab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Cá bhfuil Niclás De Róiste? Im Watching TG4 so im going to use the bit of Gaeilge.

As lathair! By the looks of things

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

DDC1990 wrote: »

virtual 17th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Go raibh maith agat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Vino's been caught

Ah, not again surely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tinyexplosions, I think we can mark Voeckler of the list of potential winners!!!

Schlek getting advice out the window from Bjarne Riis his Director. How can a man whose career was totally ruled by doping. This was a guy who was an average rider who turned into a beast by drug abuse.

Mr. 60%. So how can this guy be trusted as a director?? Does not bode well for Andy?

We all know Frank Schlek gave Dr. Funetus 250k for "training plans"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Tinyexplosions, I think we can mark Voeckler of the list of potential winners!!!

And the Deadly TinyExplosions curse strikes again! I bet Contador will win this year (lets see if that jinx's him now)
    NickDrake wrote: »
    Schlek getting advice out the window from Bjarne Riis his Director. How can a man whose career was totally ruled by doping. This was a guy who was an average rider who turned into a beast by drug abuse.

Mr. 60%. So how can this guy be trusted as a director?? Does not bode well for Andy?

We all know Frank Schlek gave Dr. Funetus 250k for "training plans"

In the same way that Brunyeel, and most of the other DS's can be trusted, ie, you turn a blind eye

• Advertisement

And the Deadly TinyExplosions curse strikes again! I bet Contador will win this year (lets see if that jinx's him now)

In the same way that Brunyeel, and most of the other DS's can be trusted, ie, you turn a blind eye

Riis was one of the worst dopers though. They guy was famous for it. EVERYTHING about his career was based on EPO. How can he change?

Remind me what Bruyneel's nickname was again? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Mmmmm le col de la Madeleine always reminds me of:
    220px-Madeleines_de_Commercy.jpg

How very Proustian

So any cycilsts you do like NickDrake?

So any cycilsts you do like NickDrake?

I don't like dopers. I am not into Vino and contadope. Their history is tarnished like many more i'm afraid.

Evans for me and Roche. Great riders. Also like Basso now as his blood values show he is clean on the blood front anyway. (google it if you don't know what I mean)

Basso

:eek::eek:

Sure any high ground you were on is gone with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

ROK ON wrote: »
    Slightly OT but pertaining to Toms desire to have mountaintop finishes. The current TDF route organised is toying with the idea of avoiding all major climbs in Alps and Pyrenees and have lots and lots of hilly and mid mountain stages. Idea is to have a tour of breakaways where's any of 20 guys could be in with a serious chance of winning. Its a few years away, but I think it would be worth the experiment.

I hope this doesn't come to pass, nothing beats the drama of a mountain top finish. It is one of the greatest spectacles in Sport imo.

I don't like dopers. I am not into Vino and contadope. Their history is tarnished like many more i'm afraid.

Evans for me and Roche. Great riders. Also like Basso now as his blood values show he is clean on the blood front anyway. (google it if you don't know what I mean)

Well, at least you're consistent, hating Vino and Basso... no wait, you aren't consistent.... oops!

:eek::eek:

Sure any high ground you were on is gone with this.

I told you to google his Giro Blood values. Has the same coach as Evans. Dont comment on it when you havent researched it. Makes you look silly

• Advertisement

Well, at least you're consistent, hating Vino and Basso... no wait, you aren't consistent.... oops!

See blood values. do a bit of research. its not all black and white.

Seems the Caisse Daparge boys got a nice refill yesterday

There goes Vino just like a few years ago on that Alpine stage and look what happened after that. Tested positive for someone elses blood. Maybe he didint mix up the bags this time though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I told you to google his Giro Blood values. Has the same coach as Evans. Dont comment on it when you havent researched it. Makes you look silly
    oh right so just because he 'may' be clean now means he is a good guy and good for cycling. you're the one sounding silly

yep, without dount I'm the silly one here.
    NickDrake wrote:
    Riis was one of the worst dopers though. They guy was famous for it. EVERYTHING about his career was based on EPO. How can he change?
    NickDrake wrote:
    Also like Basso now as his blood values show he is clean on the blood front anyway

Don't patronise me either. I'm well aware of how both riders operate. That I don't come out with BS like yours is purely down to research...

kennyb3 wrote: »
    oh right so just because he 'may' be clean now means he is a good guy and good for cycling. you're the one sounding silly

At least he is riding clean now and not continuing to dope. You obviously didn't read his blood values. totally dropped during the Giro , unlike Lance for example whose increased in le Tour 09 which is physically impossible

yep, without dount I'm the silly one here.

Don't patronise me either. I'm well aware of how both riders operate. That I don't come out with BS like yours is purely down to research...

What BS? You telling me their clean? Come off it man. your the one with the BS if you believe Vino is clean and Riis is fair Dir.

Oh dear...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

At least he is riding clean now and not continuing to dope.

Yeah clean for now.
    You obviously didn't read his blood values. totally dropped during the Giro , unlike Lance for example whose increased in le Tour 09 which is physically impossible

Has nothing to do with anything. My point is dopers shouldnt be welcomed back into cycling - ever.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Yeah clean for now.

Has nothing to do with anything. My point is dopers shouldnt be welcomed back into cycling - ever.

Fair enough. I agree with you there. the peleton would be a thin place. Fair amount welcomed back

• Advertisement

What BS? You telling me their clean? Come off it man. your the one with the BS if you believe Vino is clean and Riis is fair Dir.

Where did I post anything like this? if you read any of my posts on doping you'll know how I feel. Do a bit of research before posting, its makes you look silly :rolleyes:

Where did I post anything like this? if you read any of my posts on doping you'll know how I feel. Do a bit of research before posting, its makes you look silly :rolleyes:

Well refering to my posts as BS hinted you didnt think I was stating facts about blood top ups.

Crap stage by the way. Boys doing nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Dopers should never be allowed back into cycling or any other sport for that matter after being caught.

Puts a tarnish on anything they have ever done or will ever do.

I dont like riders like basso, miller, vino et al who have served their bans and come back into the sport and now profess to be clean and anti-doping.

One thing I will say is that I will continue to watch the sport and follow riders like contador and armstrong who have never failed drug tests and have had very little proved against them despite utterences to the contrary by former team-mates, press etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I love a doping debate but this is a stage thread. updates please. my eurosport audio won't work and the ticker is too slow.

Raedwald wrote: »
    Dopers should never be allowed back into cycling or any other sport for that matter after being caught.

Puts a tarnish on anything they have ever done or will ever do.

I dont like riders like basso, miller, vino et al who have served their bans and come back into the sport and now profess to be clean and anti-doping.

One thing I will say is that I will continue to watch the sport and follow riders like contador and armstrong who have never failed drug tests and have had very little proved against them despite utterences to the contrary by former team-mates, press etc.

Has to be the funniest thing I have read in years. Ullrich never tested positive and his coach/assistant admitted last week he doped a LOT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

I love a doping debate but this is a stage thread. updates please. my eurosport audio won't work and the ticker is too slow.
    This not work for you pete - http://www.fromsport.com/v-0/0/148/v-14923.html ?

• Advertisement

See blood values. do a bit of research. its not all black and white.

Seems the Caisse Daparge boys got a nice refill yesterday
    At least he is riding clean now and not continuing to dope. You obviously didn't read his blood values. totally dropped during the Giro , unlike Lance for example whose increased in le Tour 09 which is physically impossible

So the only doping you care about at all is blood doping?

And you presume that because your blood values are consistent since his return from a ban, that there can be absolutely no suspicion whatsoever of him?

You keep saying to 'research blood values' -can you show me the anomalies in Vinos from this year to support your assertion that Basso is clean and Vino's not?

-As for the stage, Jens has finally dropped off the back of the breakaway -superb ride from him today, such a classy rider.

Vinos on the attack and have 30 secs or so on the Peloton, that has all the faves in it. Haven't seen Roche yet, presume he's in the bunch

Agreed. Leaving it alone now everyone has been over this ground time & time again (which beofre I got suckered in was going to be my original point)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Shame this isn't a mountain top finish, someone needs to put a match under this powder keg!

Come on Alberto!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Guybrush T

Roche dropped out the back of the Peloton :(

Roche has been dropped by the leaders peleton

• Advertisement
Advertisement