Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Competition: Variations on a theme 5 (Bad Romance)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

If someone sends me a PM early on Friday saying something along the lines of;

"Cop the f*ck on and write something for the Bad Romance competition!"

I'll probably get something in... I need the motivation... Shame the prize isn't a date - that'd convince me to get the ball rolling... ;):D joke :D

kinda

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

date.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I know its late in the day to be asking for clarification, but I just had a thought. Do our entries have to be OTT love stories, or is the "romance" of the title more a reference to the genre of writing itself? For example, Frankenstein is a gothic romance, but not a bodice-ripper.

Sort of nervous now. Maybe I should just post it on its own in a different thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I'd have thought your standard woeful Mills and Boon-style, but I wouldn't be sure tbh. :/

You've all still got until midnight tonight, so hopefully we'll get a few more entries! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Antilles wrote: »
    Sort of nervous now. Maybe I should just post it on its own in a different thread.
    Publish and be damned. :D G'wan, youve done it now, just enter it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Still haven't started, but I'm not giving up until the clock strikes twelve...
    If I had the faintest idea of what to write, I'd probably get on better...

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Still haven't started, but I'm not giving up until the clock strikes twelve...
    If I had the faintest idea of what to write, I'd probably get on better...
    "Cop the f*ck on and write something for the Bad Romance competition!"

You asked. :)

Not gonna make the deadline for this one folks... :(
    Real life got in the way unfortunately...
    Looking forward to reading the entries though...

• Advertisement

Less than two hours now guys.. Hopefully we'll get a few more submissions, otherwise it'll be a small competition! :(

Tried to sent you my story in a pm, but its telling me I have too many characters...
    The text that you have entered is too long (8395 characters). Please shorten it to 7000 characters long.

Aoibheann I've emailed my entry to the address listed on your profile. Hope that's ok.

Have the email, thank you! Another option in those cases is to send it via two PMs as some others had to do, but actually using my email was a smart plan there. :D

I'll post the thread shortly!

Seven entries in total, which makes numbers more respectable than I was expecting earlier on today.

Thanks for all the entries, I've had a lot of fun with this so far. Good luck to everyone! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Bit of a slow burner this one... we should at least get eight people voting I hope!

What does everyone think about mothballing VOAT for a few months at least after this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Fine by me (as long as Write Club starts up soon).
    Need an outlet. :)

What does everyone think about mothballing VOAT for a few months at least after this?

Fine with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Do we gotta? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 tekken021

anyone else want MOAR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement