Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for someone to build me a PC

Options
  • 12-07-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    just looking for some help with getting a machine built on a budget. Rather than double posting, the details of my request are in this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055965923

so if anyone can help it'd be great.

note to mods: apologise if this is considered a double post but i dont know how to move the thread to this section.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Tell me screen resolution, what you plan to do with this PC and where you would like to order from and I'll pick out some parts for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

not looking for monitor or keyboard have all of these from previous machine. Ideally would like stuff to be sourced from reputable websites that give warrenties. Not mentioned in linked post but i do need a firewire port, although maybe i could use the port from my old machine as it has two? this is because im looking to use the machine for packages like:
    Photoshop
    3Ds Max
    Premier for video editing
    Browsing and watching dvds/streamed video
    HDMI port also

Not really for gaming to be honest, its mainly for my work which is graphics based. And i would ideally like to stayy with the XP OS as its what im used to and have never had any issues with it.
    thanks

not looking for monitor or keyboard have all of these from previous machine. Ideally would like stuff to be sourced from reputable websites that give warrenties. Not mentioned in linked post but i do need a firewire port, although maybe i could use the port from my old machine as it has two? this is because im looking to use the machine for packages like:
    Photoshop
    3Ds Max
    Premier for video editing
    Browsing and watching dvds/streamed video
    HDMI port also

Not really for gaming to be honest, its mainly for my work which is graphics based. And i would ideally like to stayy with the XP OS as its what im used to and have never had any issues with it.
    thanks

You'll be wanting plenty of RAM and a decent enough CPU then, I'll see what I can do, given that you don't need a powerful GPU, I MIGHT be able to make it under 600.

BTW, I would reccoment Windows 7 64-bit, it is much better supported than XP 64-bit, which you'd need for more than 3.2GB of RAM.

EDIT: doing this right now, how much RAM do you want?

Best I can do, surely someone can do better?

sgtzkx.png

• Advertisement

hi, thanks for the help so far. Way over my budget at the min though. I was looking at 4g ram idealy... storage aint that much of an issue (50o-750g would be fine) as i have an external HD that im hoping to use also.
    Just a side issue, which is emphasised in the other thread. I have a hard-drive from the other machine that i NEED to get the content off of would this be an issue?

thanks again

hi, thanks for the help so far. Way over my budget at the min though. I was looking at 4g ram idealy... storage aint that much of an issue (50o-750g would be fine) as i have an external HD that im hoping to use also.
    Just a side issue, which is emphasised in the other thread. I have a hard-drive from the other machine that i NEED to get the content off of would this be an issue?

thanks again

Nope, just connect it up inside the PC AFTER you set up Windows 7 on your main drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

TBH you might be better off buying second hand. You will get a decent core2quad machine which will be more powerful than a new build of the same price.

http://adverts.ie/244389 - you would probably get it for €400

You would need to get the OS yourself, and possibly a new GPU if you want sound over HDMI. But the processor is on par with the one in the build venom put up. You are tied to an old platform is the only thing.

I agree with Lu Tze, you COULD go with that. It's not a bad price for what you're getting , but I'd recommend also buying the graphics card above for it. The passively cooled version, it's completely silent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

this is what iv come up with its new build and new tech overclock the 13 to 4ghz and that pc will fly for you
    [IMG][/img]i3build.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Fairplay! That likely comes in under budget with the OS!

thanks one and all for the specs so far.
    RE: massy086, just wondering if the machine came pre-built or does it get delivered in parts? i wouldn't know where to start trying to put it all together and would be looking for someone to do it for me... also im sure i have a copy or XP on disk that i got with my older machine, would this do or would i have to source a new copy of win 7?
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

sorry listed a wrong graphics card go with this http://www.ebuyer.com/product/222060

You can get Win 7 Pro 64 Bit Upgrade Edition for 49.95 here

So that's the OS sorted.

Advertisement