Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Rings in Dublin - Where?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi all,
    My brother is hoping to ask his Gf to marry him in August, when they are away on hols. He is hoping to have the ring and all before then, and is travelling to Dublin in two weeks for work business.

He hasnt a clue about dublin, but reckons its his only chance to pick up a ring for her!!

Any ideas for the best jewellers to get a good deal on a ring, somewhere that he could haggle... with a decent selection etc... I cant see him wandering around all day looking, He'd lose interest!!

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Jumbo156

McDowells on O'Connell Street were fantastic to us...Actually too good as my wife has been back there far too many times since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Jumbo156 wrote: »
    McDowells on O'Connell Street were fantastic to us...Actually too good as my wife has been back there far too many times since :)

Is that 'The Happy Ring House'?

There are plenty of jewellers on or off Grafton St. and from there down Johnson's Court into Powerscourt centre which has a few more.

I won't list them all, if you google "Dublin Jewellers" you will get a map, zoom in a bit and look at the Grafton St area, and Johnson's Court runs West to Powerscourt.

He can cover all those quickly and still get to see a variety of ranges and prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Powerscourt Shopping Centre has a section filled with antique jewellers which I'm sure you could haggle with. Lots of engagement type rings in the windows too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Fields are also on Henry St near the O'connell St end! I got agood discount on my ring and that was at the height of the boom and a 10% discount card on further purchases of jewellery. I have used the card several times since and so has my Mum :)

http://www.fields.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Goldenegg

We got ours in applebys,just off grafton st.they were very professional and a great help,also gave us a good discount too! Really recommend them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

he hasn't a clue about Dublin...but has he got a better clue about engagement rings ??

myself and my wife picked the engagement ring together [ theres loads of places on and off grafton street (johnson court) and also O'Connors wholesalers out in harolds cross )

I know of one or 2 women who didn't pick their engagement ring and they don't like them!

get another ring for the proposal and then go ring shopping with the Fiance.

health warning: financially this method might cost you more ( in the short term anyway :) )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Try the Weddings and Marriage forum. Loads of information.

Advertisement