Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOS cake tin for wedding on Thursday

Options
  • 12-07-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Making wedding cake for this Thurs anyone got a 16inch round or square cake tin they could lend me, Been everywhere, cant seem to get one. any condition it will be lined. Am starting to panic at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

That size tin will be tough to find in shops that cater to home baking, I don't personally know where in the city you might find catering equipment but you could try Decobake in Kildare, if you ordered today you'd have it by Wednesday if they had that size in stock.

Did you try bakeries? There's one in Loughrea where you might get that size, so I'd say one in the city would definitely have one that they'd sell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

try Tommy Varden Catering .they have a shop near Jacksons/trappers Inn on the Tuam rd. you could give them a call to check if they have it before you head there
    Tommy Varden Ltd,
    Riverside Commercial Estate,
    Tuam Road,
    Galway.

Tel: +353 (0)91 765747

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭SeanPuddin

Tk Maxx have a lot of baking stuff, worth a try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

How about a CashnCarry? I know 1 CashnCarry that used to stock Bakery supplies but it's closed now. Would BWG or whatever they trade as these days have general supplies such as baking equipment? Or is there a Musgraves in Mayo/Sligo if you'd have any possiblity of getting there tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bethm

Thank re tin have tried all those places 16inch tins are impossible even a 14inch would do. My only chance is that someone will lend me one, they are often hidden at the back of presses, an old Christmas cake tin,from the days when people baked the cake for Christmas. Left it late, need tomorrow at the latest, have to bring cake to Dublin on wed evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

People still do bake for Christmas but not 16 inch cakes. Did you try any hotels or anything?

Sopme one trying a bakery for me fingers crossed

go to hotels, specifically the kitchens in the hotels. Dont ask the receptionists. Ask one of the waiters to get one of the chefs to come out to you and talk to them

alternatively like you said, bakerys

Got the tin panic over, thanks for all the helpful suggestions,now must get baking.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ennis1966

hi all executive head pastry chef aherlow house hotel tipp ,i have a 16 tiers wedding cake ,i am looking for a 14 inch round cake tin to borrow or to buy 2nd hand thank you all
    for 1st week of may or 2nd latest co clare /limerick /tipp/galway area
    thank you all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Effects wrote: »

Was just going to post this. Don’t understand the secondhand request either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ibtl.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement