Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP testing

Options
  • 12-07-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm no expert on security or testing but I would like to do some testing on a site I have been working on. Are there any useful tools anyone could suggest would help me with this?

Thanks

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Would be interested in hearing about this too. Anyone know of any software (preferably free :) ) that can be used to check the security of a site?

For regular QA testing, tools like Selenium and PHPUnit are worth a look.

From the security side of things, it's the usual story. Validate all input, use up to date and properly configured Apache, PHP and MySQL. The PHP site has a good section on securing your PHP apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 johnpaulhayes

Check out OWASP they have plenty of security related tools for this sort of requirement.

Advertisement