Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Customer Service (July 12th)

• 12-07-2010 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

My friend has a UTV Internet connection - which neither Broadband or Phone is working on today - And guess what, NOBODY available to help him today.
    National Ulster Holiday today !!!

What kind of service is this they provide to the Republic of Ireland or has somebody made it a holiday here without our knowledge.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hmmm seems your right just called
    Support
    1890 926 111 (local rate)

You'd think they'd atleast have a dept open to handle PSTN faults whatever about DSL faults, given all their operations are in Ulster you'd think they'd have skelton staff for the republic support.

Perhaps they don't want to pay the extra £ I suppose,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Ah, but if you have a fault on March 17th, they'll be there at their phones just waiting for yer call....

Swings....roundabouts....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Lots of NI is on Holiday on 17th March, oddly Civil Service I think have always had it off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It's Eircom's fault! No matter what happens UTV always blame Eircom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Most centers are open 365 days a year now aren't they?
    UPC are, and I'm fairly sure Eircom are too.

Although for the life of me I can't imagine rining a call center on Christmas day!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Although for the life of me I can't imagine rining a call center on Christmas day!:D

And what about when the bb is gone and the screaming kids want to download stuff for their hi tec pressies?

dub45 wrote: »
    And what about when the bb is gone and the screaming kids want to download stuff for their hi tec pressies?

Ah but I don't have any screaming kiddies, so as I said, I can't imagine ringing a call center on Christmas day.;)

The joys of single life.:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You'd be very surprised the people that ring call centres on christmas day,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,327 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Yea, try calling up Eircom on New Years Eve to report that your two 2MB trunked lines (that is 60 phone lines to service a European 24/7 centre) are down and see how great 24/7 support is (yea, we can probably get a technican out to the exchange on the fourth of January to check out why our lines are down...).

Nody wrote: »
    Yea, try calling up Eircom on New Years Eve to report that your two 2MB trunked lines (that is 60 phone lines to service a European 24/7 centre) are down and see how great 24/7 support is (yea, we can probably get a technican out to the exchange on the fourth of January to check out why our lines are down...).

Still better than no support.
    At least they can help some people.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    You'd be very surprised the people that ring call centres on christmas day,

I suppose a lot of new wireless connections to be set up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement