Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorbike trip of europe 2008 video.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

Great video! Thanks for letting us know about it. Are you going to upload parts two and three?

Will have a read through the photoblog later.

Fair play to the guy on the Deauville too, he really dove in at the deep end of biking!

(No joking, if RTE would make a program like this, it'd be 10 times more watchable than any of their other travel programmes)

You might not get away with stuff like "arse like a f**kin altarboy after a good morning mass" though! :D

Edit: Cliffhanger ending!! Roll on part two...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Hey Mike.

Thanks for your comments. Yeah Glen is a hero alright. 8000km on a bloody PROVISIONAL licence, with about 3 weeks bike driving experience. He picked it up no bother. I'm sure RTE could play it and bleeb out anything they don't like :pac:

Parts 2 & 3 are made and ready to go (and even better then the first in my opinion). I just need to upload them. Vimeo only allows 500mb upload per week. So I guess I'll be uploading a new video each week. I could have used youtube, but then I'd have to break the video up into small bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

I really enjoyed that, thanks for posting. How did Glen manage to get away using a provisional for whole trip?
    You should get yourself over to www.horizonsunlimited.com they have a forum for travel stories.

macshadow wrote: »
    I really enjoyed that, thanks for posting. How did Glen manage to get away using a provisional for whole trip?
    You should get yourself over to www.horizonsunlimited.com they have a forum for travel stories.

He was just lucky and managed to never have to show his licence to anyone. Just as well because it says on it "NOT FOR USE OUTSIDE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Great Video, very watchable!

• Advertisement

Part 2 of the trip....

http://www.vimeo.com/13469148

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭mr zulu

excellent video,really enjoying your trip,glad everthing was ok after crash,well done again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭CokaColumbo

A pretty intense end to part II.
    Poor dog

The dog was killed instantly. It felt nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Fair play to ye. Some good craic there. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Get part 3 up!

there you go sir. Part 3. The final part.

http://www.vimeo.com/13784069

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

Certainly gives the long way around a run for it's money.

When ye doing the next trip? ;)

I'm supposed to be going to morocco next month for 5 weeks. But not with the other two lads so there won't be a video camera. Ado got a kid now so it's not so easy for him to leave for weeks at a time any more. Glen is not long back from a tour of south america with his guitar, and I'd say he's fairly broke from that. I think he's putting together a video of that.

It'd be great to the three of us on the road again for another adventure alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Hi Roadrunner

I just watched all 3 today I got it off IBF. what a trip! im and going to do someting like that after watching it.

It had it all bikes, laugh's,crashs and some of the best scenery in Europe

Thanks for for putting it up

(and the wife like seen you all running around naked):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Watches the 3 vids... Very nice trip. Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

Just watched the 3 vids.....
    Well done lads, looked like a great trip.
    Did something similar myself a few years back...USA "world" bike trip ( LA to New York) and it reminded me of the goodtimes we had on that.

Looking at doing a Euro trip next year.

keep it going Roadrunner

Phil

Advertisement