Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good mechanic in south county dublin.

Options
  • 12-07-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Alright lads,

The front suspension coil on my 02 Rover 75 Diesel snapped today. Quinn got me picked up and dropped to the girlfriends in Shankill as it was the closest within range covered. So I need to find a garage local (lowest towing cost) that I can trust to do a decent job. I know I'll need a new strut bearing, and a new coil spring - both of which I've found for 130 from Micksgarage.ie and a rover dealer in blanch. Might possibly need a new strut as well, but I'm not sure, and I don't wanna be run around the ring by a dodgy dealer. Any ideas guys? Would like to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Hey there, I use a chap in blackrock, who's quite well known and decent ISA Autos 2883914. Don't know of anywhere near Shankill off the top of my head, think there's a place near the Silver Tassie on the N11, but thats the extent of my knowledge on the place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Paul Smith in Monkstown, next to the Pool hall are very good, not expensive and from what i can tell, pretty honest as well.

I had a similar problem with my mondeo a few years back though and i used Smith auto Developments in Sallynoggin, they did a first class job.

Advertisement