Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Irish mobile network is the best?

Options
  • 12-07-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

I have been searching around and I would like to know from peoples opinions which Irish mobile network is the best in terms of coverage and call quality. You can also take into account value if you wish but please keep the focus on coverage as this is the most important to me. Thanks!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Spooky1666

I will be using it mostly in the Lucan area of Dublin. I checked all the networks coverage maps and they all say they provide full coverage there but Im on the o2 network now and coverage in my school and friend's house is very poor and many times non existent!!

P.S I travel around Dublin and sometimes ireland quite abit and I like to us mobile internet so good 3G is coverage is quite important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Spooky1666 wrote: »
    I will be using it mostly in the Lucan area of Dublin. I checked all the networks coverage maps and they all say they provide full coverage there but Im on the o2 network now and coverage in my school and friend's house is very poor and many times non existent!!

P.S I travel around Dublin and sometimes ireland quite abit and I like to us mobile internet so good 3G is coverage is quite important.

If that is the case I would definetely NOT go with Meteor. They have GPRS only outside of Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway.

Vodafone and 3 seem to have the most 3G coverage, I can only vouch for Vodafone though as I have never had a 3 sim - just heard it from others.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I find o2 coverage very good. Only places I've had problems were a mates house in knocklyon and 21s in town which appears to be a blackspot. I've often found I have signal when others don't, but that may be partially due to handsets.

Also worth noting is the fact that o2 will help you out. Twice after service works we've lost signal quality in our house but on both occasions they sorted the problem within a week of us reporting it.

If that is the case I would definetely NOT go with Meteor. They have GPRS only outside of Dublin, Cork, Limerick and Galway.

Vodafone and 3 seem to have the most 3G coverage, I can only vouch for Vodafone though as I have never had a 3 sim - just heard it from others.

Cool I was thinking of switching to Three with their new pay as you go offer and since they have a roaming agreement with vodafone to use their 2G network wherever 3 dont have 3g signal I think three is a win win situation. O2 didnt even have 2g signal for me so that is important for me aswell.

Anybody on the three network?? and if so how were your experiences??

• Advertisement

I find o2 coverage very good. Only places I've had problems were a mates house in knocklyon and 21s in town which appears to be a blackspot. I've often found I have signal when others don't, but that may be partially due to handsets.

Also worth noting is the fact that o2 will help you out. Twice after service works we've lost signal quality in our house but on both occasions they sorted the problem within a week of us reporting it.

They might help but im thinking of switching from o2 now because of better deals on other networks aswell and anyways I think o2 were idiots not covering an entire school properly were there are about 500 potential customers!! P.S o2's customer service were also really bad when my mom complained to them when they overcharged her!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I'm no the 3 network. Never have had any issues with coverage. I've travelled sound Ireland a lot and find I have 3g coverage than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have a phone on billpay with Three. No peoblems at all, although there are lots of people on here who will tell you all about their CS. As you say their new plans are really a win win situation. Another plus I have is that I can use up to 50% of my mis to make International calls. I'm on their cheapest tarriff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gu10

They are all terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm with vodafone simply because I get the best reception where I live . Meteor and O2 are very poor for some reason. Only way is
    to try out different sims.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

Meteor have coverage in Sligo now as well as parts of Donegal…

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

We changed our work phones from vodafone to 3 earlier in the year and I find that most of the time 3G on 3 is great. There are spots where it doesn't work and you go to roaming on Vodafone (badged as 3 and not 3-3G) but then you cannot access any data. However the cost savings for us as a business have been greater than 50%.

Yawlboy wrote: »
    We changed our work phones from vodafone to 3 earlier in the year and I find that most of the time 3G on 3 is great. There are spots where it doesn't work and you go to roaming on Vodafone (badged as 3 and not 3-3G) but then you cannot access any data. However the cost savings for us as a business have been greater than 50%.

Wow thats amazing savings. I ordered a sim from three online and should get it by the end of this week. Will let you guys know how it goes when i get it :)

Advertisement