Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your first 180!

• 12-07-2010 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

My brother hit his 1st 180 on saturday night against Andy "The Hammer" Hamilton, what a time to hit your first 180. Anyway I thought I'd ask you lads if you can remember your first 180? I can't remember mine for the life of me as I've hit numerous 180's!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

The Bison wrote: »
    I can't remember mine for the life of me as I've hit numerous 180's!

step aside Mr Taylor eh?

I can remember mine cause I'm obviously ****e :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭The Bison

Devastator wrote: »
    step aside Mr Taylor eh?

I'm just an averege player who plays for a pub team!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Yep, was playing against big John doonan in kellys many many moons ago, when it was the old court.... Fek, im old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭The Bison

Dicie wrote: »
    Yep, was playing against big John doonan in kellys many many moons ago, when it was the old court.... Fek, im old

HAHAHAHA:D Not too old, we still call it the Oldcourt!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

my first one was in practice in me house,i went mental started screaming and everything :D:D:D

my first one in a game was against my da down in the local,tried to act cool but couldn't stop smiling:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

first was in practice, my first in comp was in a leg in which i hit2 in a game i lost 4-0. was something like 26,45,180, 26,180, and about 21 more darts to to try and take out whatever i had left. couldn't believe it when i hit the first never mind the second, it was also my first semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I do remember my first in practice. It was probably the first time that I had ever hit treble-20 with both of my first two darts and then not thought "I can get a 180 here". The first two went in, and it was only once the third went in that I realised. I froze for a second or two, jumped over to the board to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and then ran off to tell everyone in the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I remember my first practice 180 i was playing in a friend garage with what we would call our version of "The World Championship" (basically just us playing, whoever wins holds that title of champion till the next game)

I remember he was chatting to me about Thin Lizzy, i wasnt really concentrating at the board properly as i was nattering back to him as i was throwing and as i went to collect i realised "holy crap, thats a full house" so was delighted

My first in competition, i think it was a local tournament in Colmchilles against Mick Barry. i had a run of stinker first round draws, but you know when you play the best you improve. So i lost 3-1, but the leg i won i hit a 180 and 140 and stole a leg which i don't think Mick was pleased about :D but that was over a year ago, still quite pleased with that since im only playing darts over 2 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

My first in competition was in kilkenny against a fella from cork or kerry im not sure which but im sure some of you lads in here know him... his darts stick in the board like taylor he goes to the players champ with a older fella with a smig.. it was the first leg of the match his second 3 darts were a 180 and i followed it up with a 180 it was a great feeling cos it was the first competition i ever played in i lost 4 or 5 nil :D:D i played him again in killarney a year later and he beat me 5 4 but i was 4 1 up on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Kento 14

my first one was during practice in april of this year... havent hit one in competition yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

I got a dart board last christmas , put it up on the wall straight away, then on Friday night just gone i got my first 180!!!!!,,, i just knew on the 2nd treb that i was going to hit it.....BAMM the 3rd went in..was so happy because it was my dart board and naturally the 1st person to get one on it ownes it! nothing worst than someone getting one on a board thats not theirs. My lady was so happy for me ,she ran out the back and screamed at the top of her voice" OOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEE HUNDRED ANDDDDDDDDD EIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTY!!!!!

it was about 1 in the morning.

still though..its taken me nearly seven months to hit the 180, i do play most days for maybe 1hr or so..is this normal or am i just crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

420 wrote: »
    I got a dart board last christmas , put it up on the wall straight away, then on Friday night just gone i got my first 180!!!!!,,, i just knew on the 2nd treb that i was going to hit it.....BAMM the 3rd went in..was so happy because it was my dart board and naturally the 1st person to get one on it ownes it! nothing worst than someone getting one on a board thats not theirs. My lady was so happy for me ,she ran out the back and screamed at the top of her voice" OOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEE HUNDRED ANDDDDDDDDD EIGHTTTTTTTTTTTTTY!!!!!

it was about 1 in the morning.

still though..its taken me nearly seven months to hit the 180, i do play most days for maybe 1hr or so..is this normal or am i just crap!

congrats on your first 180 mate,nothing like the first. it took me about a year get mine,i was hitting 140's but could never get the magic third dart in.

a hour a day is the best to do if your not a pro,just a league or social player like us on here. keep it up mate after you hit your first they will just keep coming,after i hit my first must of hit about 20-30 in the next 2 weeks alone:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭420

Double Top wrote: »
    congrats on your first 180 mate,nothing like the first. it took me about a year get mine,i was hitting 140's but could never get the magic third dart in.

a hour a day is the best to do if your not a pro,just a league or social player like us on here. keep it up mate after you hit your first they will just keep coming,after i hit my first must of hit about 20-30 in the next 2 weeks alone:D

Ta very much!
    I must start playing down the pub.. i wouldnt mind join a league or doubles with the girlfriend,, she not bad at all throwing those darts through the air!! , i'm living out in the blanchardstown area and i know of a few pubs that play the owl dart's,

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

Did it throwing on my own on an afternoon off downstairs in the Palace about in Painter 7 years ago. Stopped after the first 2 darts Kevin Painter style and nearly jumped in the air. Had to be restrained cos there was two complete strangers sitting about 10 feet away. Of course anybody I told came straight out with the "Did anybody see ya do it?" question. I think it was about the 12th 180 I threw that was actually in the pub in front of people. Always find it really frustrating when I hit treble 20 with the first two darts and even before I throw the third, I know it's going in. Yet the next 3 darts I throw could go anywhere. And damned if I know what i did different when the 180 went in:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭villabren

Made a bit of a mess typing that. This is how it should have been... Did it throwing on my own on an afternoon off downstairs in the Palace about 7 years ago. Stopped after the first 2 darts Kevin Painter style and nearly jumped in the air when the third went in. Had to be restrained cos there was two complete strangers sitting about 10 feet away. Of course anybody I told came straight out with the "Did anybody see ya do it?" question. I think it was about the 12th 180 I threw that was actually the first in the pub in front of people. Always find it really frustrating when I hit treble 20 with the first two darts and even before I throw the third, I know it's going in. Yet the next 3 darts I throw could go anywhere. And damned if I know what i did different when the 180 went inmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
    user_online.gifreport.gif progress.gifedit.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

My first 180 was last night. On my own in the garage so no witnesses unless the dog counts but I did happen to have the camera in my pocket
    and took a photo which is now my desktop background - sad I know but you all know you'd have done the same!
    It was the second 3 darts I threw having only just cut the grass I left in the mower and said I'd throw a few. Incredibly I threw another about an hour
    later when I went back out to practice a bit. Funny that I should do it twice on a day where my general throwing was average bordering on poor as
    I was hitting 5's like they were going out of style. No surprise then that both were followed by a miserable 26 or 22 or something atrocious like that.
    It is a monkey off my back as i'd done it with 17's 18's and 19's and on some doubles but never on the big one although I knew it wasn't far away as
    I've been hitting a fair few 125's 140's etc recently since I've gone back to palying. No whooping or hollering - what was the point - anyone passing
    would have thought I was bonkers if I'd started punching the air and roaring one hundred and eeeeeeeeiiiighty.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭chalkie 501

A similar story for me about a year ago....
    it was my first(and only) 9 darter,practising on my own just playing legs of 501.
    i actually started with 170 as 1 of the trebles was ready to fall out and just threw the third dart at the bull,180 and 151 finish.
    when i hit the double i started roaring and shouting like a lunatic, herself came running down to see what was wrong,i told her i'd just had a 9 darter and she said "ffs i thought you'd hurt yourself or something".
    i got straight on the phone to tell anyone that would appreciate it:D
    there was no one there to see it which was the disappointing thing,but i'd often come close before and since then so i think my mates believed it:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭statto25

My first was practicing...I started roaring and jumping up and down. The other half thought I was havin a seizure!

My first match 180 was in a doubles game against two lads who I had some previous battles with (non dart related) I won 80 euro too for hitting it.
    Before each game we used to fire in 2 euro each into a pint glass and whoever hit a max first won the pot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 SLACK.ONE.

THE FIRST WOULD HAVE BEEN WHILE PRACTISING...THE FIRST IN THE LOCAL WAS AGAINST A LEGEND "JIM O BRIEN" IN THE THATCH IN SALLYNOGGIN.MANY MOONS AGO...

GREAT TO SEE SOMETHING OF INTEREST ON THIS SITE AGAIN...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

gramar wrote: »
    My first 180 was last night. On my own in the garage so no witnesses unless the dog counts but I did happen to have the camera in my pocket
    and took a photo which is now my desktop background - sad I know but you all know you'd have done the same!
    It was the second 3 darts I threw having only just cut the grass I left in the mower and said I'd throw a few. Incredibly I threw another about an hour
    later when I went back out to practice a bit. Funny that I should do it twice on a day where my general throwing was average bordering on poor as
    I was hitting 5's like they were going out of style. No surprise then that both were followed by a miserable 26 or 22 or something atrocious like that.
    It is a monkey off my back as i'd done it with 17's 18's and 19's and on some doubles but never on the big one although I knew it wasn't far away as
    I've been hitting a fair few 125's 140's etc recently since I've gone back to palying. No whooping or hollering - what was the point - anyone passing
    would have thought I was bonkers if I'd started punching the air and roaring one hundred and eeeeeeeeiiiighty.

two more 180's with a witness but this time on an electronic board. (I live in Spain where I've never seen a standard board with the exception of my own) - the triples and doubles are a fair bit bigger (about 30% I reckon) but well pleased in any case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement