Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review the pricing structure

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Sure, though I'm wary of giving the OK on something like that especially when it's our first time in this venue, and it's basically a test run. I have a feeling things are going to be hectic enough as is, especially when we have to be done and out by 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Sure, though I'm wary of giving the OK on something like that especially when it's our first time in this venue, and it's basically a test run. I have a feeling things are going to be hectic enough as is, especially when we have to be done and out by 6.

Twas only a suggestion for the future to get new bodies to the tourney.
    Inferno 11 should go as usual and if the committee wish to look further into running a non qualifiers event then we can attack the problem when the time arises.
    Me personally I think the events are run fine having only been to one event spectating it all looked ok to me so I am happy to proceed with the competition as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Ah for feck sake I'm only seeing this thread now.

And I'm after already posting this:

I've already said at least a dozen times that I can't understand anyone complaining about €15 entry fee. Put aside 50c every day and you have it.

Never the less many people voiced their opinions at the last inferno that it was too expensive.

I think it's healthy to have a look at the price every now and then. There doesn't need to be a massive debate , last time in the end we had a poll and 15 euro won. If the majority has changed its mind so be it, but this is not the time to bring this up I think.

Imo it should be looked at after inferno 11, for inferno 12.

The new venue is enough change for one event as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Exactly

First and foremost the issue is to entice new competitors, to grow the community. The amount €15 as already stated is not an attractive price for new comers.Looking at the demographic and going by the academic/working situation of the current 'competitors', its a FACT that the price is a bit much to attract new players.

The price may suffice the rental and prize pot and other circumstance but by no means it warrants it to be the RIGHT PRICE. If you explain that to a new face, his response would be along the lines of TOUGH.

While i'm not proposing a NEW solution, i'm WAS simply stating the fact, probably for the 4th/5th time that such a price on the poster will not do the event any favours but instead waste time and effort.

Also theory of putting 5Oc aside, lol.

and just to quote myself previously
    i really couldn't give a toss about 15 euro,

I make more than that in an hour easy :rolleyes: but obviously the main point never really got addressed by the regulars, instead they jumped on me with 'been discussed before, next lolz'

ANYWAY whos getting the poster printed and where, would be a good test to see if we get any extra players.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm not in favour of doing anything to the price until we see if this area 346457643234534956 experiment works out.

TBH I think we should be focusing our efforts on helping the 'Chop and the 'Rim make it viable.

THEN we can worry about money. Especially considering there's already been multiple votes on it.

• Advertisement

Yeah I totally see where your coming from farz and generally agree after the last inferno a lot of people were talking about the price. I told them it was a little taboo to bring up but I will at the right moment (was waiting till after this one)

I'd also like to say, the fact there was votes before is not a reason to never vote again on something such as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sure we can see how this inferno goes as brian said.
    If we have a large turnout with new faces then there wont be much need to change anything.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Im not saying once something is decided it should be set in stone for a 1,000 years. Just I think literally right now all we should be thinking about it supporting this venture which could turn our little community into something a bit more. We're all talented people in our own ways and I really think we shouldn't be doing this at least until I X I (Inferno 11, see what I did there?) is done so we can help however it is we're able to help TO THE MAX.

Yeah this is a discussion for after this next event.

Advertisement